05. Spring Is Gone By Chance: Say Yes

Springtime Medley
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05. Spring Is Gone By Chance: Say Yes
Characters: Seventeen, GFriend
Pairings: DK-Yuju (SeokJu)
Idol-life // It has been a year since they graduated from High school together and their friendship was revealed to the world. Nothing much had changed on the outside but they knew something inside of their hearts were changing.
SEVENTEEN - Say Yes
Yuju (GFRIEND) & Loco - Spring Is Gone By Chance

It was the end of January 2017 and DK lifted up the calander that sat on his bedside drawer and flipped the page over.

It was February. 

His lips curved up a smile and he started scanning the dates. He eyes didn't go far as his eyes stopped on 4th of February.

His grin only grew wider as he remembered what happened on that date last year.

'It was my graduation day.' DK thought as the memories replayed in his head. DK wasn't going to lie to himself. 

Yuju was the first thing that flashed in his mind when he thought about his graduation day.

His smile, faded slightly as he remembered the events of that very day. However, being the happy virus he is, he regained his bright smile before putting the calendar back.

"Be positive, Seokmin." He said to himself.

In GFriend's dorm, Yuju was in her room staring at the calendar as well.

"4th February..." Yuju said out and her finger pointed on the date. Yuju had a small smile.

"Time really flies..." Yuju said out looked out at the window before her eyes landed on her phone. She stared at her phone for a long while, blinking as she had a mini conflict inside of her.

After what seems forever, Yuju finally took her phone and carefully scrolled through for her contacts. She stopped scrolling when she saw his name.

Lee Seokmin.

She clicked on his contact and hit the message button and started messaging her high-school friend.

Choi Yuna:
Hi Seokmin, it has been long since we last talked!

After she hit the 'send' button Yuju waited for his reply. Yuju was alone at home; Umji and SinB were at school, Sowon and Yerin were meeting their CEO while Eunha was at the company gym.

DK, who was packing up his room heard his phone beeped and saw Yuju's message, he replied immediately but stopped to think. He took a breath in before typing the rest of the message before sending it to Yuju

Lee Seokmin:
Hello Yuna! It has indeed has been a while since we last talked. We should meet up soon!

Choi Yuna:
We can, how abou the 4th of February! I do not have any schedule on that day!

Seokmin stopped moving when he saw the date she suggested. 'Such a coincidence..'

Lee Seokmin:
I don't have schedules on that day too! It sounds like a good plan.

Lee Seokmin:
How about the cafe we used to go often?

Choi Yuna:
That sounds great. Let's meet at 11 in the morning!

Lee Seokmin:
That sounds like a great timing! I'll see you soon!

Choi Yuna:
Yes, I'll see you soon!

Yuju smiled and send a smiley emoticon to him. 'You have no idea how much I miss you, Seokmin' Yuju thought.

Yuju took a pen and circled the date on her calendar. She placed the calendar back on her desk before walking lightly and happily out of the room.

---------

Soon it was the 4th of February. Yuju had told her members who she was going to meet but she had to tell her manager a different name.

"We'll cover for you but don't be back too late!" Sowon said and Yuju nodded excitedly. "Wah, our Yuju is going on a date!" Eunha said cutely and hugged Yuju.

"Yah, don't put it like that! It's meeting up with someone I've never seen in a long while!" Yuju said and Umji quickly said.

"But unnie, you've been seeing him the whole of December and some days in January!" 

The other members cheered for Umji. "Our Umji has been making such witty statements!" Yerin said and patted Umji.

"Hey, seeing is totally different from talking!" Yuju retorted and everyone laughed.

"Alright, we get it. Enjoy yourself!" Yerin quickly resolved the situation and the girls sent Yuju off.

Yuju had disguises on to hide her face. She wore a cap and a mask across her face and braided her hair into two plaids. She was taking the subway.

As Yuju made her way to the subway, seeing '4th of February' everywhere when she passed by streets only sent her reminiscing that eventful day that probably sparked her heart up.

- 4th February 2016 -

It was graduation day and the press were standing-by, waiting to snap photos of the idols in class 3-5. 

Yuju had bouquets of flowers in her hand and bowed to DK who waved yet bowed at her at the same time. DK, who couldn't decide how to greet causing laughter and smiles from their classmates. Yuju had to control herself from laughing at DK's weird greeting.

When they were in front of each other in front of the cameras, they became awkward and fully aware that they were still idols.

They were handed their certificates in front of the class and the class cheered for them.

DK watched and waited for Yuju to get ready. DK wanted to help Yuju, who was busy trying to hold her certificate the right way, but the cameras in front of him and the gleeful look on his classmates faces made him even more awkward.

'Click'

The people with cameras gave thumbs ups and Yuju and DK relaxed. It was time for the class photo and DK continued to stand close beside Yuju.

When they were done with the class photo everyone clapped and Yuju turned to look at DK. 

DK had been waiting for Yuju to look at him and as soon as he caught sight of Yuju looking at him, DK mouthed a few words and pointed up. Yuju blinked but nodded, understanding what he was saying.

After the graduation ceremony in the auditorium was over, Yuju turned to her members. 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter