10. Someday

Springtime Medley
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Someday
X
Vernon-Umji
'Someday' By GFRIEND; Third Mini Album 'Snowflake'

| Other

Kim Yewon glanced at her watch. She mentally thanked God that she would be on time. Her phone beeped and she looked at the screen.

'Yewon-ie, I'm here at the café already. Take your time and be safe.'

She stopped in her tracks. Yewon could tell he wasn't cheerful. 

Yewon quickened her walking pace and muttered to herself, "Wait for me, I'm coming!"

Minutes later, Yewon arrived at the café and gently pushed the glass door and entered. She spotted him from afar and zipped towards him.

Don’t say anything
I can see it from your backside
You don’t have to struggle to hide it
I will be next to you...

Just as she predicted, her friend had a glum look on his face and he was spacing out.

"Hansol.." 

Yewon called his name but Hansol didn't hear anything.

She pulled the chair out before taking a seat infront of him, jolting him out of his dazed state. She had her usual bubbly look.

"Oh, Yewon..." Hansol said as he looked at her and her smile grew wider. He didn't realise that the ends of his lips curled up slightly.

There was a minute of silence as Hansol tried to compose himself and not look at Yewon. Yewon on the other hand, was trying to read his emotions.

Hansol ruffled his hair.

A waiter served their drinks and Yewon's eyes brightened when she saw her favourite ice blend.

Yewon was glad that he knew her favourite drink. Hansol took a sip of his drink in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Hansol, how was it?" Yewon started carefully, her eyes radiating care and concern.

Hansol sighed, "I wasn't what they want..." Hansol said as he thought of the audition that took place in the afternoon. Hansol fell silent again and he could feel Yewon's gentle yet attentive gaze on him.

"It's alright, Hansol! Everyone knows you are great in your skill. You know that too." Yewon said and Hansol looked up. "Don't let this drag you down."

"I'm sure that there will be something even bigger for you." Yewon said optimistically. Hansol found some comfort in those words instantly. He could tell her words came from the bottom of her heart.

"Just like how I ended up not being accepted in my dream school. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't even cross paths." Yewon said sweetly and Hansol was very sure she was genuine. Hansol gave a smile.

"Thank you, Yewon." Hansol was grateful she was here saying these things to him.

It wasn't long before Hansol was laughing out loud.

"Yewon, oh my, did he really do that?" Hansol asked in between his laughter. Yewon nodded and continued with her story.

By the end of Yewon's funny story, Hansol and Yewon were laughing heartily. They didn't even care about the people who were staring at them.

'Thankfully he's laughing now' Yewon thought, happy that she was able to distract him. It made her happy as well.

To bring happiness and laughter to people around her was something Yewon took delight and joy in.

...You look tired during your busy day
Weirdly does that make your heart afraid
Don’t worry believe in me

"You never fail to make me laugh, Yewon!" Hansol said.

"When you're sad on a day like that, just try laughing once." Yewon said. "Laughter is the best medicine after all."

Hansol nodded and this time, his eyes smiled as well. Yewon excused herself and walked to restroom. Hansol watched her adoringly. His tired mind drifted off and he thought of the many times Yewon was always there for him as a friend.

When he was the happiest, when he got into trouble, when he was having a hard time...

She was always there.

It was only in their final year that he noticed Yewon had this natural charm that attracted him to her. However, he pushed that attraction to the back of his mind, not wanting to ruin the special friendship they shared.

It didn't take him long to realise he was confused once again because it always happened when he was with her.

He was confused.

By that very question that ran thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter