Jessica

City Wolf

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The plan was to attract the wolves to them. And the plan's main point was to attract Baekhyun to them. If his friend was in any way a bit free, he would find a way to communicate with them. 

 

 

Before leaving town, they had prepared their lunch and camping stuff to spend the night outside. Sehun didn't know how long it would take them to find Baekhyun.

 

 

Kyungsoo had said the wolves would pick it up quickly that they were there. And depending on the sort of pack they had affair with, they would be welcomed or chased.

 

 

They parked near the forest, leaving their clothes in the car. They transformed in their wolf form and ran in the woods. 

 

 

They left marks of claws in trees trunks, covering a large territory, announcing their presence to the wild wolves.

 

 

At some point in the afternoon, they smelled wolves. Kyungsoo said to Sehun a pack had passed there, pointing to a small river stream. They had finished with their marking, and entered the second part of their plan.

 

 

Kyungsoo would stay discovered, at the end of the markings, and Sehun would hide, watching the area around it. 

 

 

If things were too become too dangerous, they had chose to howl as a regroup call at and the car. 

 

 

 

Hours passed like this, waiting. 

 

 

 

The night was well began, when Sehun heard something behind him. He turned cautious of his movements. It was silence towards Kyungsoo’s side. He lifted himself from his seated position on the ground, following the noises.

 

 

As he got nearer, the noises sounded more and more painful. They were high and irregular. He advanced further.

 

 

 

There against a tree, a wolf was on its flank, its breath labored. It was a female, Sehun realized. She began to whine softly, as she noticed Sehun’s presence.

 

 

She didn’t transformed back, nor did she made a move from her spot. He found it alarming, coming closer to see. But suddenly, she began to growl aggressively. 

 

 

Sehun played a gamble, rolling on his back quickly, to then come back lying on his stomach. He was being submissive, to show the wolf he was not an enemy.

 

 

He was sure this wolf needed help. 

 

 

The wolf stopped growling, for a short time, before it came back louder. Sehun heard a tree branch crack, quickly looking behind him. His heart was pounding loudly, afraid he had been sneaked up on. 

 

 

Still, no noise, were coming from Kyungsoo's side. Sehun assumed he was fine.

 

 

He focused back on where he was, jumping on his paws, seeing a big wolf, the female's injuries. He was trying to clean them, but they were numbrous and nasty. 

 

 

The big wolf looked in his direction, his yellow eyes glowing in the dark of the night. Sehun felt like deja-vu. He smelled the air, the wolf's scent familiar, but…

 

 

Sehun froze, when the wolf came so near he could feel his breath against his fur. He knew who was this wolf, now.  It was Kris. He was astounded. Why was he here? He asked himself, confused. 

 

 

Kris transformed, the tall man of that one night at the half moon club, appearing. Sehun didn’t waste time transforming as well. 

 

 

’’What are you doing here?’’ he asked, still shocked.

 

 

The tall man scouted down, slightly touching the injured wolf’s snout.

 

 

’’This is Jessica. She’s sick—’’ he caressed Jessica’s head, ’’We don’t know, what she has.’’

 

 

He sighed. ’’She escaped our vigilance, and travelled to South Korea alone. We followed her.’’

 

 

Sehun scouted down, approaching the two. He took a serious look at Jessica, finding her appearance dirty and meager. She wasn’t in healthy state, it was blatant.

 

 

’’We were inspecting the city since a week, when I encountered you in that club.’’ He frowned. ’’Her disease make her act in berserk ways. She kills animals, but don’t eat them. In return, she also hurts herself. The day you surprised us, we were discussing about where she could be.’’

 

 

Kris stopped caressing her damp fur. ’’But, indeed she was right here, in this forest.’’

 

 

Sehun couldn’t look away from the other wolf. His eyes were mirror of his sadness. Sehun wondered if these three, Victioria, Jessica, and Kris were part of the same pack. He could feel a bond between them. He could only compare it to family in humans standards. 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s howl woke him up from his thoughts. With a last look he left Kris and Jessica, running towards his friend. 

 

 

 

But, arrived at the spot, he understood, that it wasn’t Baekhyun that had came to them, but two wolves charged with energy. They jumped on Kyungsoo, who withstood the attack. They fought, claws and fangs trying to lacerate his skin.

 

 

Sehun growled at them, attacking too. 

 

 

In the mess, their growls were mixing with their hisses of pain. At a distance, he could feel other wolves were coming. Sehun didn’t know if they could last, or even if escaping by running would be enough.

 

 

A loud growl echoed behind him. It was louder then theirs. There was an heaviness to it. For a second, their enemies had stopped moving. That was the moment, a big wolf joined their fight. 

 

 

Sehun got sent to the ground. He looked stunned to the four wolves in a mess. It was Kris, he realized, who had jumped in and push him aside. What for? Sehun pondered as he got back on his paws. 

 

 

But his attention got stolen quite quickly. As hidden in the trees, he saw other wolves.

 

 

A particuliar pair of eyes had attracted his attention. Staring, Sehun felt elated by joy, recognizing them.

 

 

Baekhyun! it was Baekhyun!