Baekhyun

City Wolf

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The small red wolf pulled away from the trees, approaching the fight. A big wolf growled at him, but he didn’t pay him mind.

 

 

 

Sehun approached, finally he had found Baekhyun. Now, they had to get away.

 

 

 

He threw a look at the fight, Kyungsoo had trouble with a black wolf, while Kris had pinned one to the ground.  They had a good chance to hold out, until he got to Baekhyun, he decided.

 

 

 

He ran towards his friend. But, the omega stepped back, eyes wide, stunned.

 

 

 

What was the problem?

 

 

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun changed in human form. 

 

 

 

’’Sehun!?’’ he shouted, stunned. He then, frowned, presssing his friend to leave. ’’Sehun, go away! Go away! Run!’’

 

 

 

Why? Sehun was confused, and transformed to human. ’’Come with me Baekhyun!’’ he plaided.

 

 

 

The other shook vigorously his head, as an arm sneaked around his waist, smashing him against the strong  body of a tall man. 

 

 

 

Sehun was confused, Kyungsoo’s words about wild wolves jumbling up in his head. 

 

 

 

’’Run! Sehun! Run!’’ Baekhyun shouted again, hands trying to untangled the arm at his waist.

 

 

 

But Sehun persisted, stepping forward. He only understood Baekhyun's pleas, when the tall man behind his friend transformed in a massive wolf, and ran toward him.

 

 

 

Sehun froze in fear, body rigid. He could see the shining of his fangs from where he was meters aways, sharp like the blade of a knife. 

 

 

 

But, the big wolf collided with Kris, before he could snap his neck. The alpha had jumped in front him. Sehun

turned into wolf, whining in fear.

 

 

 

Kris had just saved his life. 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other side, wolves ran out of the woods, their growls filled with venom. Baekhyun was shouting, face distorted by fear.

 

 

 

’’Chanyeol!!!’’ he yelled, as the wolf was struck by Kris’s claws.

 

 

 

Sehun frowned, Chanyeol? Was it the big wolf? But he had no time to further think about it. 

 

 

 

 

They were outnumbered, they had run away. Dead, they wouldn't be able to save Baekhyun anymore.

 

 

 

He ran to Kyungsoo, helping him with a black wolf, his fur shimmering under the light of the moon. He bit the wild wolf’s ear, and with force they hurled him to the ground. 

 

 

 

Sehun howled. It was their sign to regroup at the car. Kyungsoo understood, running away, with Sehun in tow. 

 

 

 

Near Kris, Sehun growled and bit him to get him to let go of the big wolf.  Concentrated, he didn’t see coming the hit to his head. He fell, whining. He was dizzy, trying to get back on his legs.

 

 

 

Kris growled, letting go of the other wolf, grabbing Sehun by the neck, dragging him away. Sehun used his last ounce of strength to turn human, and Kris threw him on his back. He held on tight, arms tied around his neck, chanting in his head to not let go.

 

 

 

 

 

At the border of the forest they found Kyungsoo in the car. He was wounded, his eyebrow bleeding, and dirt smeared on his clothes. He was hunched over the steering wheel, waiting for them, the engine already started. 

 

 

 

Sehun got pushed in the passenger seat. The door closed and no other sounds of doors were heard. Sehun searched Kris with his eyes, and saw him going back into the forest. 

 

 

 

Sehun opened the door, Kyungsoo shouting at him to close it.

 

 

 

’’Where are you going!?’’ the blond yelled.

 

 

 

Kris turned back. ’’I can’t leave Jessica here!’’

 

 

 

At that instant, Sehun was tempted to say yes you can, and convince him to climb in. He was stuck in wanting to not let anyone go. 

 

 

 

’’We’re pack, ’’ Kris gravely explained.

 

 

 

Sehun shut his mouth, bewildered.

 

 

 

’’Okay,’’ he whispered. ’’We’ll wait for you.’’

 

 

 

Kris nodded, and transformed, his wolf disappearing into the woods.

 

 

 

Sehun turned to Kyungsoo. ’’Let’s give him ten minutes,’’ he begged.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was looking at him both eyebrows raised, still tense. ’’Wild wolves and their pack,’’ he muttered. ’’We give him ten, then we go. We nearly died!’’

 

 

 

Sehun nodded weakly, but something was bugging him. ’’How do you know so much about wild wolves?’’ he asked.

 

 

 

The alpha shrugged. ’’I was once, part of a pack. I was a wild wolf...’’

 

 

 

’’What made you leave?’’ Sehun dared to ask.

 

 

 

’’I didn’t found my place in it. The city, and its freedom suits me better.’’ He smiled to the omega. ’’Even, if I stayed a conservative wolf through and through, and act like it.’’

 

 

 

So he knew, Sehun thought. 

 

 

 

’’Then what about Jongin?’’ Sehun was intrigued, Jongin had only explained to him he had spent his youth in the countryside.

 

 

 

How did he met Kyungsoo?

 

 

 

’’He’s the one you got to ask,’’ Kyungsoo said. ’’But, when I quit my pack, his family took care of me. That’s the important part.’’

 

 

 

Sehun agreed.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed, and leaned on the center console, rummaging for band-aids.

 

 

 

 

Worrying, Sehun was looking outside the window, watching out for when Kris and Jessica would come out of the forest.

 

 

 

Already, the ten minutes were coming to an end.