Necklace

Me vs Kingkas: Wae Me?!

“You were chase by the bad guy?!” Jackson screamed out right front of you as you walked in the room. You cringed at his loudness and stared at him in annoyed.

“What?” you grumbled as you rubbed your poor ears.

Bambam’s face came too close to yours, “We heard that you were chased last night, are you okay nuna?” he asked worriedly.

You glanced at Jinyoung, ‘He told them?! Wae?’ you frowned and glanced back to Jackson and Bambam. “I’m fine. I’m not hurt or anything. Jinyoung did saved me.” You said calmly. Jackson and Bambam looked relieved. You walked around them to set your backpack down.

JB walked to you, “You don’t have to practice with us right now. You can take a bit of break.” He said with understanding face. You sighed softly and looked up at him, “I’m fine. Really. I can dance.” You assured the leader of the GOT7.

JB observed you closely then he nodded his head, “Alright.” He walked to the stereo where Youngjae and Jinyoung are.

“Yah, pabo!”

You twitched and glared at Yugyeom, “What giant?” you grumbled as you switched your shoes.

“Next time, let one of us walk with you, pabo.” Yugyeom said with his arms crossed. You glared at him from the corner of your eyes and looked back to tied your shoes. ‘I can’t tell that he is annoyed with me or is actually concerns…nah. He’s probably annoying.’ You thought then stood up.

You didn’t notice that Mark was watching you in silent, ‘Silly girl. You shouldn’t walk on your own.’ He mused.  

JB clapped his hands which means practice times. ‘Just couple of weeks. You can do it.’ You thought as you walked to your position.

[][][][][]

After the dance practice with kingkas. You quickly ran to your class and sits next to Mimi. You exhaled in relief that you made it in time. Mimi just smiles at you, “Busy, huh?” she giggled. You smile at her and nodded your head.

“Ye…it’s going to be long school year for me.” You said.

Mimi nodded her head in understanding. Her smartphone vibrates against the desk, she grabbed it and swipe the screen in curious. Her eyes wide in excitement, “Omo! Teia, JYP Club is going to have basketball competition between JB-oppa and Jackson-oppa!” she squealed excitedly, “Do you want to come, Teia?” she asked you in curious.

“Anieyo.” You flat-out refused. You need to have alone time away from them. “I have to head the library for homework. Maybe next time.” You said with a forced smile. Mimi pouted but nodded her head. She looked back to her smartphone.

~Library~

You walked in the library with the smell of inks and pages.

You found an empty table not too far from the window. You take that table and took out your books and notebooks along with pencils. You opened your English book and started to get on your homework. It’s semi-easy class for you since your umma was from America, however, it’s been awhile since you’ve spoken English. Ever since she passed away.

“Teia?” you closed your eyes. ‘Seriously?’ you opened your eyes and glanced up at beaming Youngjae.

Youngjae grinned, “Hey.” He looked at your homework, “Oh, English. I’m actually learning English too. Well, not in class.” He said as he sits down on the chair across from you, “Jackson is helping me to speak English for a while. Are you good at English?” he asked in curious.

You made a face, ‘Wae can’t I be alone?’ you mentally sighed. You leaned back and shrugged your shoulders, “I guess I’m not too bad at it.” You respond, “It is sort of my second language.” You mumbled as you remembering your umma.

“We can help each other.” Youngjae smiles wide, “You know, speaking English.” He offered almost shyly. You thought about it while staring at him then nodded your head.

“It would be more helpful.” You leaned forward and Youngjae was excited to be your partner.

“Hello. My name is Teia Song. What’s your name?” you said in almost perfect English fluent with hint of accent.

Youngjae took few minutes to processed what you said and cleared his throat, “Hi. My name is Youngjae. Nice to meet you.” He greeted back properly with hard accent but you understood what he’s saying. You and Youngjae have been practicing English to each other; unaware that there is someone taking video secretly of you both.

~Meanwhile~

In the dark room with barely light bulb hanging in the middle of the room. Few figures are standing around the table; watching the videos of Teia and Youngjae talking to each other in different language. Once the video ended, a hand reached to swipe the screen to different video and played it. It was another video of Teia and Yugyeom cleaning the classroom during their detection while insulting to each other.

Next video shown Teia and Bambam talking briefly at the stop sign bus and they went inside the bus together. Another video shown, Jackson grabbed Teia and twirled her around in the air. Another video shown Mark and Teia riding the motor-skateboard together on the street. And lastly, the video shown of Jinyoung and Teia hands-holding as they were running toward the bus.

After that, the phone was turned off and one feminine voice speaks out, “That …she’s trying to get kingkas all to herself!” she spat, “And now…soon…she’ll get her hands on our JB-oppa.”

“What are we going to do unnie?” one of the voice asked. 

The leader humph, “I have a plan. She won’t know what hit her.”

“Does this plan get her to stop get close to our kingkas?” one of the voice asked in curious and hoped.

The leader giggled, “Ah, anieyo…. It will get rid of her exist from this school and out of GOT7-oppas lives.” Then a hand reached for the smartphone to e and swipe it few times on the screen then set it down on the table, “Song, Teia. You’ll wish you never met the Kingkas…” in the smartphone, is a picture of Teia looking out the window with thoughtful expression while holding her books closed to her chest.

[][][][][]

You blow your hair away from your face as you walked down the hallway. Youngjae is walking next to you while humming to himself happily. Your phone vibrated in your pocket, you grabbed it and saw blocked number but new message.

You clicked it open and read the message.

Song, Teia. You will be gone by New Year. Remember that.

You just stared at it, ‘What the hell? Who sent me this message?’ you thought in confused as you halt. Youngjae stopped as well and turned to you. “Little Princess?” he tilted his head in confused.

You turned off your smartphone and pushed it in your pocket. “It’s nothing. Wrong number.” You mumbled and shift your legs.

When you and Youngjae left the school building. Youngjae checked the time from his phone, “Want to come with me to JYP Club?” he asked you politely.

You were about to refuse but then remember that your step-mother will be home early from her work today. You dropped your shoulders, “…I guess.” You mumbled. Youngjae grinned and typed something in his phone and put in his pocket, “Let’s go!” Youngjae dragged your dead feet toward the location of where it held of JYP Club.

[][][][][]

You covered your ears as you saw Jackson and JB are playing basketball. The audiences were loud and cheering on whoever they supported. Youngjae joined in with Bambam on the side to cheered on their friends. You frowned deeply and went to sit on the couch that was up against the wall by the vendor machines.

You dug in your backpack to grabbed your earbuds and shove it in your ears and the music. You leaned back uninterestedly with your smartphone on your lap. ‘Wae did I have to be here? Oh right, because of Kate.’ You tipped your head back with your eyes closed.

Across from you, Mark is leaning on the wall with a book in his hand. His eyes were on you then pushed himself off the wall. He walked toward you and sits next to you.

You opened your eyes when you felt dipped next to you. You glanced over and surprised to see Mark who nodded his head in greeted to you. “Hello Mark.” You greeted softly as you pulled one of your earbuds out. You glanced at the book, “What are you reading?” you asked in curious.

“The Gangster’s Girl.” Mark showed you his book.

You raise your eyebrows at the grey cover with R.I.P on the front. “…someone died?” you asked in curious.

“Can’t tell you. If you want to know, you got to read this book.” Mark said with hint of teasing.

You almost pout and looked away. “…where can I get one?” you are curious about the book since the cover tempt you to read.

Mark closed his book and hands it to you, “You can borrow mine.”

You shake your head, “Oh no. It’s okay. You were reading this book. I can buy a new one.” You said as you return his book but he didn’t take it.

“You can’t buy a book because it was limited edition. It was sold few years ago. So you can borrow this.” Mark explained.

You bits your lips in concern, “Are you sure?”

“Ye. I’ve read this book few times. I already knew the ending anyways.” Mark said.

You glanced at the book then smiles at him, “Thanks.” You put the book in your backpack that you decided to read at home.

Your eyes checked the time and saw how late it was, “Oh, I better go.” You picked up your backpack and stood up. Mark followed, “I’ll walk you home.” He said.

You deadpanned at him, ‘Well gee, thanks for the offer.’ You thought satirically.

~Outside of JYP Club~

You and Mark are walking side by side in slight awkwardly silence. The sun is setting as the sky changes colors beautifully. Very few people are walking and some are ready to closed their shops. You glanced at the shops on your right side in boredom until one caught your sight. You halt in surprised and walked close to the window.

Mark paused his steps and saw you staring something from the jewelry and antique stuff. He shifts close to you; barely touching. He saw your eyes are dead-staring at the silver locket with beautifully engraved of daisy with rainbow stones on the middle.

‘This necklace…there’s no mistaken!’ you recognized this necklace. It belonged to your umma, but the question is why is it there? It was supposed to be in the jewelry box in your umma’s box at the attic. ‘How did this get here?’ you jerked your head at the door that was already closed. ‘Damn it!’ you bit your lips thinking how and why until Kate appeared in your head.

Your eyes shown anger, “That !” you hissed; ignored Mark’s surprised face.

You turned your head at Mark, “I’m sorry. But I gotta run.” You ran off without giving him a chance to reply.

“Y-yah!” Mark ran after you.

However, you were too fast and he couldn’t catch up to you because you did not stop once. Mark forced himself to stop and placed his hand on the wall while panted from the run. “She’s fast…” he watched you until you are out of his sights. He grabbed his phone to called you and wait for you to answer but none. ‘.’ Mark cursed as he tries again.

[][][][][]

You slammed the front door open while wheezed. You took off your shoes sloppily and walked straight to the living-room. Kate was frowning as her book is on her laps, “Do not slam the door. It will leave the crack against the wall.” She scolded you.

“You…” you glared at her, “You sold my umma’s necklace!” you snapped.

Kate’s eyes darken, “Watch your tone with me young lady.”

“Shut up with this whole stupid lady-like!” you throw your hands in the air, “Wae did you sold my umma’s things?! You have no right to touch them!” you shouted at her in furious.

Just as Kate was about to open , “Song, Teia!” a boom deep voice shouted. You and Kate turned to your appa who is standing there with disapproved face. “That is no way to talk to your mother!” he said with disappointment.

You gritted your teeth, “Step-mother! And she sold umma’s necklace! The necklace that was brought from you on her first date with you!” you explained.

Your appa frowned, “…I sold that necklace.” He admitted calmly.

“W-what?” Your jaw-dropped in disbelieved.

Your appa sighed wearily, “Your umma… I can’t move on completely until her things are gone.”

You shake your head, “B-but…those things… they belonged to her. It’s the only things that we have left of her.” You whispered softly.

Your appa walked toward you with sad eyes, “I know. And it’s not healthy to hold on her for this long. It’s time to let it go…”

“Anieyo…” you step back away from your appa, “…you didn’t move on. You threw her away.” You turned around and went upstairs to your bedroom.

When you ran into your bedroom with the door shut behind you. “Umma…” you closed your eyes sadly. You haven’t shed a single tear ever since your umma death. You didn’t even cry on her funeral, it’s like the tears didn’t exist anymore to her. “How could appa threw you away like that?” you whispered; upset with your appa.

You dragged yourself to your bed and fell face. ‘…I better get that necklace as soon as possible.’ You thought with determined. There’s no way you going to leave your umma’s necklace to a stranger.

~Later~

After you took a shower, you dried your wet hair with a towel and glanced at the borrow book that Mark lend to you. You walked to your bed and picked up the book as you put your towel on your bed. You sat down and read the summary on the back. ‘A fearsome gangster that everyone respects and fears him. No one dare to get close to him until this one brave unusual girl came. She changed his whole world and he had fallen in love with her. However, not every story has a happy ending. This is a true story of how the gangster become so fearless to emotional.’ You frowned in curious and turned back to the cover book. You open the book and started read the first chapter.

Before you knew it, you got really hooked into the story for a while. Your eyes started to get sleepy, you blinked few time and glanced at your clock. It’s nearly one in the morning. “Omo…” you grabbed your bookmark and placed in the book. You are nearly half way of the book. “This book is really addicting to me…” you mumbled tiredly as you placed on the table and climbed into your bed.

However, you couldn’t sleep until you find out what happened to the next part of the book. You sat up, “I gotta finish that book!” you climbed out of your bed and grabbed the book. You sat down on the chair and started to read.

~Meanwhile~

Mark sighed softly as he glanced at the clock. Almost one-thirty in the morning and no respond from Teia. He glanced at his phone, ‘Did she make it home safety? Wae wasn’t she answering?’ he thought with worried about her.