Wae Me?!

Me vs Kingkas: Wae Me?!

“EH?!”

Got7 members stared at their youngest member who is using clutches to support his sprained ankle. Yugyeom sighed as he sits on the couch. Got7 are hanging out in the Youngjae’s place in the garage that’s for “game/dance room”.

Bambam frowned, “When will your ankle heal?” he asked his friend in concerned.

“In couple of weeks.” Yugyeom answered.

Jackson stood up in disbelieved, “But in couple of weeks we have competition dance! We can’t afford to skip this competition!” he said.

JB crossed his arms, “We’ve already applied it last week. They knew Got7 will be participant. We can’t have six members.” He mumbled.

“Hmm…” JR thought about it, “What if we have temporary member? I mean, in the rules that said if our original member is injury or illness, it’s fine to accept temporary member.” He explained as he remembers the rules.

Youngjae sighed, “Who’s going to replace Yugyeom? He’s the best dancer and how are we going to find someone who is in his level?” he said with his arms flying around in exhausted.

Mark just sits there quietly as he stares at his phone with new numbers in it. He glanced over at his friends and shows concerned for the youngest member. Got7 are in deep thinking about the temporary member until Yugyeom got an idea.

“I think I know who will take my place.” Yugyeom announced that caught all his friends’ attention. Yugyeom leaned back on the couch comfortably, “…I don’t like her but with few practice…she might be able to do it with you guys.” He said with a frown.

JB raise his eyebrow, “Who is she?” he asked Yugyeom in curious. Bambam seem to get who Yugyeom’s talking about.

“Wait?! You mean her? The one who is…” Bambam started smile wide excited that Yugyeom rolled his eyes but nodded his head.

Jackson looked at Bambam and Yugyeom back and forth, “What? What? What? What? Tell us! I demanded you tell us who is this girl!” he stood up as he pointed at two younger members and pouted.

Yugyeom said the name that bring surprised from Got7 members except Bambam who is happy and Mark let a small smirk on his face. ‘Interesting.’

[][][][][]

You walked out of the bathroom while drying your hair. You sigh in relief, ‘Shower is definitely blissful.’ You thought happily. You heard your phone rang that you walked to your desk where it charging.

“Huh?” you didn’t recognize the numbers so you check the message.

This is my numbers. Don’t lose it.

You could feel the giant question mark appeared above your head. “Who?” you blinked twice then as if unknown person read your mind; you got another message.

It’s Mark Tuan.

You understood and saved his numbers in your phone. You twitched, “Wae would I lose it?” you mumbled and then you message him back.

I got your numbers saved.

You nod yourself and placed it back on your desk. Just as you were about to leave your bedroom, your phone alert you of new message. You slid back to your phone and unlock it to read the message.

Good.

You replied okay to him and is about to leave however, your phone alert once again. “Is he a fast typer or what?” you grumbled as you could feel your stomach growling for foods. You checked the message once again.

I found a song that fits us.

You raise your eyebrows at this, “Already?” you sit down on the chair and type your phone.

What song?

You waited for his reply which you got new message quickly. “He’s fast.” You mumbled in amused.

Both of Us by B.O.B ft. Taylor Swift

You were surprise to see the song, “America song?” you check it out by opening your laptop and start going online to listen the song. You put on your earbuds and listen carefully.

(Both of Us by B.O.B ft. Taylor Swift) ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHeC1MoeDBo

“Not bad actually…” you thought aloud as you can figure out few moves during the song. You text your partner back.

I like it. I can think it might match our dance styles.

You take out your earbuds and turn off your laptop. You stood up and your phone alert the new message. You decided to take it with you since you are too hungry to stay in your room.

When are you available to dance practice?

You descended the stairs while thinking about your schedule, ‘I don’t think I’m that busy…’ you thought then you reply the message.

Usually I’m not busy after school unless I have plan or something came up.

You saw your step-mother sitting on her chair by the table while reading her novel book and you can hear the small noises from the kitchen that the maids are cooking. You sit down in your spot and quickly turn on vibrate your phone since Kate despised having phone during dinner time.

Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday we’ll start practice after school.

You thought about it, ‘That should be fine with me.’ You thought and you texted him back that you are fine with the schedule dance practice.

You thought that you are done texting him so you put your phone underneath your thigh and wait for the maids to arrive with foods.

However, you jumped in surprise that your phone vibrated and Kate glanced at you in suspicion. You just awkwardly smile at her, “Hehe…I’m just surprise that my stomach is growling.” You placed your hand on your stomach as you lied.

“It’s not polite for lady to let her stomach growl and admit it. Control your hunger.” Kate monotone explained and read back to her novel.

You mentally scowl at your step-mother, ‘I can’t control my hungry stomach!’ you grumbled silently and quickly glanced at the new message.

What are you doing?

You raise your eyebrows at the odd question. You quickly respond and hid your phone from your step-mother’s sights. I’m having dinner.

The maids walked in with tray on their hands. One of the maids walked to you and placed the plate front of you. You frown staring at the food, ‘Lasagna? I really miss Korean foods…’ you thought. Not only the servants come, Kate specifically ordered the maids to only cook America dish from now on. Your appa loves the good America foods but he doesn’t normally eat dinner at home so it’s never problem for him.

It’s a problem for you since you haven’t get the taste of Korean food for nearly two years and you couldn’t remember when is the last time you actually taste it. You snap out of it when you got new message.

What are you eating?

You replied lasagna with dull emoji face. You picked up the fork to start eating the dinner. You glanced at your phone quickly.

You don’t like it?

You swallowed the food and take your napkin to dap your mouth while quickly use your free hand to type the message back to Mark.

I don’t hate it. I just miss having Korean foods.

Then eat Korean food.

You softly sigh as you dropped your shoulders, I wish.

“Teia.” You glanced at Kate in curious. “Sit up straight. Your shoulders are slouching.” Kate said as she picked up her red wine.

“Ah, thank you.” You mumbled as you sit up properly. You glanced at the new text.

Your parents not like Korean foods?

You bit your lips and type your phone, My step-mother only wants to have America dish from now on. I haven’t eaten Korean foods for nearly two years. I really miss the taste of it.

You finished your dinner and the maid take your empty plate, “May I be excuse?” you asked your step-mother who waved at you.

You quickly stood up and walk fast toward the stairs. You ascended the stairs and run straight to your bedroom. You check your phone and startled that Mark is calling you right now. You answered his call and placed it on your ear in awkwardly.

“Hello?”

“You haven’t eaten Korean foods for two years?” you could hear his disbelieved voice.

“Uhh, ye.” You replied as you walked to your bed. “Wae not go to the convenience store to buy some snack? Or even go to the café.”

You frowned, “I would but then…the foods will be waste it and I don’t want that.” You said that you remembered that your umma taught you to never waste the foods no matter what.

You could hear Mark hmmed and some odd noises in there. “Then I’ll switch it with you.” You blinked in surprised. “Switch?” you asked him in confused.

“I don’t mind America foods. I kind of miss it actually.”

“Really?” you titled your head as you lied down on your bed.

“Ye, I’m from America.” Your eyes wide in shocked, “Omo? Seriously?”

“Seriously. I’m American-Taiwanese and I was born from L.A.”

You grinned, “That’s cool.” You turned around to lay on your stomach, “I’m born in Korea obviously but I’m actually half Caucasian. My appa is Korean and my umma was Caucasian.” You said. Which is explained why your appa doesn’t mind the America food one bit. Because it reminded him a bit of your umma. Although, your umma usually cook Korean foods all the time and only on special day, she made her America foods.

“Nice.”

“Ye.” You glanced at your clock, “Ah, I have to go.” You said since you don’t want to sleep in late to miss your school. “Okay. Night Teia.” You tilted your head, “Good night Mark-ssi.”

“Called me Mark. No need to be formal.”

“Oh, alright. Then… good night Mark.” You bid him good night properly. Then you hang up and stare at your phone, “I guess I’m wrong. He’s not a quiet person.” You said in amused and confused. “…I probably shouldn’t judge someone by the book cover after all.” You mumbled and put your phone back to charge on your desk.

[]Meanwhile[]

Mark hang up his phone and stare at it. He has no idea what possess him to text you and called you. However, he felt it was the right thing to do for him. He doesn’t understand why yet but you really are interesting to him and he couldn’t help it but… wanting to get to know you. He absentminded walk around in the living room and glanced at the crystals lamps in the corner of the room.

“Just who are you Song, Teia?” Mark mumbled aloud in puzzling.

[][][][][]

You are in the classroom while waiting for the class to start. The door slide open and your double take when you saw Yugyeom using his clutches. Your eyes wide in speechless, ‘Omo? What happened to him?’ you thought in confused and slight concerned.

When Yugyeom sit behind you, you want to ask him if he’s okay and why he’s hurt. However, you don’t want to start argue with him and get another detention.

So, you sit there quietly as the class begin and Mr. Lee walked in and started lectured.

After long boring lectured, the class was dismissed and students are leaving. You stood up as you grabbed your backpack, “Yah, pabo.” You halted and glared at Yugyeom.

“What?” you snapped at him.

Yugyeom is still sitting on his chair with his hands folded on his desk, “You did this to me.” He blurted. Your eyes wide in baffled. “What?!”

“Ye, yesterday when I saved your fall. It causes my ankle to sprained.” He explained and you felt guilty. “Because of you, I can’t dance for two weeks.” You cringe at the thought of not dancing for a while really for dancers, “My friends are very disappointing because they won’t be able to participant the dance competition that is in two weeks.” Yugyeom said.

Your bit your lip worried as Yugyeom continued, “Which leaves me no choice.” He stood up by supporting his hands on the desk, “You are going to take my place.” He said and your jaw dropped.

‘Wait…what?’ your mind blank. Did he just told you to take his place? For the dance competition? What? Seriously? Wait what?!

“Wait what?!” you blurted out in shocked.

Yugyeom smirk.

He leaned forward, “You; Song, Teia, are going to take my place to dance. As temporary member in Got7.” Before you could reject it, “If you don’t…well, my friends are going to be very disappointed in you. This school will be ashamed to have you as a student in here. Fangirls will blame you forever for the rest of your life that Got7 could never go to the dance competition.” Your jaw dropped even further, he didn’t even ask you at all. Instead he blackmails you!

“What’s it going to be?” Yugyeom tilted his head waiting for your respond.

You blinked and shake your head, “Wae is this dance competition so important?” you asked him in cautioned and suspicioned.

“…it’s important for this school. It will be having all the best High School Arts gather together for the dance competition.”

You gulped in nervously, ‘Oh…that is serious.’

Yugyeom smirk widen, “So?”

You stared at him in dumbfounded, ‘Wae me?!’