My First Day of School! Part Two

Me vs Kingkas: Wae Me?!

‘Un-freaking-belivable.’ You thought grumbling as you walk to the next class. You close your eyes in annoyed, ‘Whatever. Just ignore that stupid pretty-face. Right now, you are going to your favorite class.’ You thought in optimistic. The next class is dance and you couldn’t wait to learn!

You arrived in the dance class and awed at the practice room. ‘Amazing…’

You couldn’t help it but grinned in excitement when you walk to the mirror. ‘This is great!’ you can’t wait to dance in this class.

Soon, the dance class are fill with students and the female teacher walked in her dance outfit. Her sharp eyes glanced at the students front of her, “My name is Kwa, Yang. I’m your dance instructor. My partner is not available today but you all will meet him tomorrow.” Mrs. Kwa said.

She observed, “Since today is the first day, I would like to see what you got.” She clapped her hands, “Line up in order.” She ordered. All students quickly line up in order and you are standing the line. Mrs. Kwa crossed her arms and use her hawk eyes on each student as she walked slowly across the line.

When she glanced at you, you couldn’t help it but gulped in nervously since her eyes are sort-of terrified. Mrs. Kwa hummed and walked back to the wall and leaned on it. “Alright. Twenty-Two students…” she nod herself, “Each of you individuals will be doing free-style dance for one minute.” Each student whispered while your eyes wide in surprise.

‘Omo?! On the first day?!’ you thought nervously. You weren’t sure if you can dance front of the students yet. As much as you love to dance, you kind of have small fear of showing your moves in public.

Mrs. Kwa cleared to catch all the students’ attentions, “You will introduce yourself and your specialty of dance. Then you’ll show us your dance moves. One minute.” She pointed at the boy at the end of the line, “You first.” All the students walked back against the wall to give the first boy’s space to dance.

The boy grinned, “I’m Kim, Hyunjung. My specialty of dance is break-dancing.” Then he started to show his break-dancing that impressed others.

Mrs. Kwa just watched in stoic face then she claps her hands once that the student stopped. “One minute up.” Other students clapped the boy’s skills.

“Next.” Mrs. Kwa called out.

After elven students pass, a boy walked up in excitement and some girls whispers softly as you blushed at the boy’s adorable face.

“Hello! I’m Bambam and my specialty of dance is b-boy!” Bambam introduced himself happily. He started to show his dance moves.

You smile in awed, ‘Nice!’ you thought as you inwardly cheered him.

After that, a very familiar boy walked up and you twitched in annoyed. ‘Him?! He’s in my dance class too?! Arg!’ you thought with a face.

“Yugyeom. My specialty is b-boy.” Then, Yugyeom starts to dance which makes your eyes wide at his skills. ‘Wow…he’s really good.’ You thought with impressed.

Then all students applaud at Yugyeom’s skills and soon about another five went and one boy walked up. Almost all girls giggled and whispered.

You blushed at the boy’s appearance, ‘What’s with bunch of pretty boys lately?’ you thought in surprise.

“Tuan, Mark. My specialty is Martial Arts.” You furrowed your eyebrows, ‘But this is a dance class. Not fight class.’ You thought.

Mark started show his moves which made your jaw dropped.

‘Holy ! He can make martial arts into dance moves!’ you thought with huge impressed.

Soon, after two more and now it’s your turn that you realized that you are last at the end of the line. ‘Great.’ You thought sarcastically.

You walked up with your chin high and stand front of Mrs. Kwa. “My name is Song, Teia. My specialty is freestyle dance.” You said in small confident and you didn’t notice Mrs. Kwa’s eyes has small spark interest while other students broke in whispers.

“Freestyle she said?”

“That means she doesn’t know a full dance move.”

“What an idiot.”

You twitched but ignored them. You took a breath and started to dance the moves that you practiced few days ago.

You are in your own world to do the freestyle dance once again. Everything around you are blank world with one shine light upon you. You started to smile softly that you can feel the confidence in your body to go with the flow.

CLAP

You snapped out of it and went back to reality world. Mrs. Kwa nodded her head and you blushed softly that you sort of dazed off once again. You bowed and walked back to the line.

“It seems that most of you have your own dance skills and other needs to work on their area.” Mrs. Kwa crossed her arms, “With twenty-two students in here… you will be partner for the first test.” She explained.

‘Already?!’ you nearly scream in shocked. Then you silently begged the heaven above not to be pair with an in this dance class.

Mrs. Kwa observed the students, “The first test is due in six months. It’s hundred fifty points worth of credits. It will be full dance moves within three to four minutes with your partner. You will have assignments each day as I along with my partner teach you.” She explained, “Now that I’ve seen you all dance skills. I will pick your partner.” She said.

She walked to the one of the student and pointed at the other student, “You two are partners.” Two students waved at each other acknowledge. Mrs. Kwa continued to do, when she picked Yugyeom’s partner with a male student which brings you huge relief. She picked Bambam’s partner with a giggly girl.

“You…” she pointed at you as you bit your lip nervously. Her eyes dart at her target until she found it, “…and you will be partners.” Your eyes looked over where she pointed at.

Your partner is a guy who specialty at Martial Art.

Soon, you shivered in fear when you felt the glares from the fangirls. You mentally cry, ‘Seriously?!’ You really don’t want to deal with pretty-boy’s fangirls at all.

“Alright, now go to your partner and get to know each other.” She glanced at her watch, “We have about ten minutes left of class so until then…talk to your partner.” Mrs. Kwa said.

You shyly walked toward red-hair boy and hesitantly waved at him, “Hi…”

Mark pushed his hands in his pocket uninterested and jerked his head in greeted. You and Mark just stand there in uncomfortable awkward silent. ‘This is very awkward.’ You didn’t expect that Mark is a quiet person but he doesn’t seem to be an to you. You hope so.

“Ummm…” you attempt to talk to your partner for six months, “Your flips are really amazing.” You praised his moves awkwardly. Mark nodded his head in thank you for the praise as he kept his mouth shut. ‘Yep, definitely a quiet person.’ You mentally sighed.

As the bell rang, the students left the dance class and you dropped your shoulders, ‘Well, I got homeroom class partner with an and I got quiet partner for the next six months. Lovely.’ You thought in groaned. ‘Wae me?’ you sigh sadly.

After you took a quick shower in the locker room, you glad that you have lunch break so you don’t have to worry about being late for the next class. You tie your wet hair into low-ponytail as you walked down the hallway. You walked outside to the courtyard and sits on the bench. You your backpack to grab your lunch bento and start to eat it. ‘The maids are really good at cooking.’ You thought but with a sad frown.

You never have maids in your house to do housework at all until two years ago. When your appa married to Kate, everything changed. You have few maids, a driver, and on special occasions, a famous chef comes and cook. It was great but you miss cooking and cleaning. Before your umma passed away, she loved to clean and cook every-day. It was part of her pride and joy. She used to sing songs when she was cooking and she used to dance when she was cleaning. Then you adopted it from your umma’s hobbies and start to it the same.

However, now you couldn’t cook or clean since it’s not proper for lady-like. You sighed as you dropped your shoulders, you don’t hate Kate but you aren’t fond of her. Your relationship with Kate is very awkward and never really attempt to make any bond. And your appa has delusion mind that Kate and you will be all best friends. ‘Doubt it.’ You grimaced.

The bell rang which signal the lunch ends. So, you put away your foods and picked up your backpack, “Now to the lab.” You mumbled out loud as you walk back inside.

[][][][][]

You sit on the stool while waiting for the teacher to arrive. On your right side, a girl sits next to you and you glanced at her in surprise.

The girl smiles at you, “Hello, I’m Xing, Mimi.” She raised her hand for handshake. You happily shake her hand, “I’m Song, Teia. Excuse me, your name… are you Chinese?” you asked her in curious.

Mimi giggled, “I’m half Chinese and half Korean.” She answered happily.

“Cool.” You grinned at her.

The teacher walked in, “Hello class, welcome to JYP science lab and I’m Kim, Dong.” Mr. Kim introduced himself. “Now, look at your tablemate and say hello to your new partner for this semester.” He said in monotone.

You and Mimi blinked at each other then chuckled. ‘At least she’s a nice girl.’ You thought with a smile.

After Mr. Kim long boring lectured about rules and safety in science lab. You and Mimi chatted bunch of things until Mimi beam up, “Oh, have you heard of JYP Club?” Mimi asked you excitedly.

You shakes your head, “Aniyo. What’s that?” you titled your head in confused.

“It’s a club only for JYP students to go and hang-out. I heard that it has basketball court, arcades games, vendor machines of snacks and drinks, stereo, and comfortable lounge room!” Mimi explained excited.

You raised your eyebrows, “And where is this place?”

Mimi takes our her smartphone to unlock and check the information, “This site if only for JYP students since we have our own I.D school numbers.” She explained, “…there.” She found it and showed you the site of the JYP and it has CLUB on the bottom. Mimi clicked the CLUB link and it went to the location and password. “You have to tell the password to the mike or something like that. So, someone will open the door from the inside.” She said then she put away her phone, “Want to come with me after school?” she asked you.

You thought about it, ‘Hmm…why not?’ you shrugged your shoulders and smiles at her. “Sure.” Mimi clapped her hands excitedly, “Yay!” you chuckled at her silly excitement.