Practice Dance with Mark & Kimbap!

Me vs Kingkas: Wae Me?!

You walked out from behind the school near the street. You glanced around while waiting for Mark to arrive. You grabbed your phone from your pocket to check any messages or emails but none. Then, you heard the motor sounds that you lifted your head up. Your eyes widen in surprised to see Mark riding his motor-skateboard toward to your direction.

When Mark arrived next to you, he stops his motor-skateboard and glanced at you calmly. “Come on.” He jerked his head behind him. You raise your eyebrows at him in disbelieved. He just stares at you waiting for you to get on and you shake your head that he is serious about it.

‘Is this safe?’ you eyeing on the moto-skateboard in cautioned.

Mark could see that you feel uncomfortable about this, “I won’t let you fall.” He simply said with small hint gentle in his voice. You bit your lips in worried as you slowly nodded your head. You walked around and carefully put your feet behind Mark’s feet.

You grabbed Mark’s shirt from his back in strong gripped that you do not want to fall any chance. Mark glanced at you from over his shoulders, “Hold on tightly.” He warned you that you understood and make sure it’s secure.

Mark started his motor-skateboard and you gulped in nervously that you unaware your hands gripped on his hips. The red-hair boy couldn’t help it but felt that his heart skip a beat. He ignore the feelings of how your small hands are holding on his hips.

Slowly, your fear dismissed into relaxing that the motor-skateboard wasn’t too fast nor slow. Plus, your partner seems to be in reasonable to make sure nothing reckless happened.

When you and Mark arrived at the old building place that you never seen before. Mark halted his motor-skateboard, “We’re here.” He said.

You let go of Mark and jumped off the motor-skateboard while staring at the building in confused. “What is this place?” you asked Mark in curious.

Mark picked up his motor-skateboard, “Run-down dance building.” He answered as he walked inside and you quickly followed him.

After few climbed flights of stairs, Mark walked in the room and you saw the old dance room with decent mirrors on the wall. You observed the room in curious while Mark put his things down against the wall on the ground. “Are we allow to be here?” you asked nervously not wanting to get in trouble. Mark glanced at you, “No one ever step foot inside here before.” He answered as he takes out his speaker box from his backpack and connect his smartphone.

You take off your backpack to set against the opposite wall and changed your shoes to comfortable converse shoes. You take off your school jacket and rolled your sleeves up to your elbows. Then you tied your hair into ponytail so it doesn’t get in your face when you start to dance.

You turned around and saw Mark is wearing the same thing, his jacket was off and he wears his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He even changed his shoes into black high top. You placed your hands on your hips, “I’ve thought about the slow part of the dance for this song.” You said as you got Mark’s attention.

“This song sounded like almost couple version but…we can make it twist.” You grinned, “A guy role will be attempt to catch the girl…”

Mark speak up, “But the girl is too stubborn to let him catch her until the end of the song.” He got the idea what you were saying.

You grinned wide, “Yep. I thought it was interesting story. Guy against girl dancing each other almost like…tag version. Back and forth until he finally caught her.” You explained.

“Not bad.” Mark kind of liked the story. “Let’s give few ideas for the beginning of the dance.” He said.

Then you and Mark tried to figure out the dance moves while discussing which parts the best or needed to change. It has been going on for nearly three hours practicing dance until you heard your phone alert. You paused your dance while Mark swallowed his water.

You checked your phone and saw phone call from your childhood friend. You answered, “Hello?”

“Te-Te…your step-mother is in my house.”

You furrowed your eyebrows at the news from Young-Mi, “Muh?! Wae was she in there?” you asked in baffled.

“I don’t know. I tried to listen in but…all I got was ‘study’ and ‘oversea business’. I have no clue what’s my parents are talking about with your step-mother. I’m not comfortable about this Te-Te…”

You bit your lip, “Oh…” you glanced at Mark who dance practice on his own front of the mirror, “Last time Kate talked to your parents…you got in YG school instead.” You whispered softly for Young-Mi to hear. You can hear Young-Mi huffed in frustration.

“I know! So unfair. I don’t know how and wae but…your step-mother is bad news! Bad news I tell ya! Where are you anyways? Please come here and talk to her what the heck is going on!?”

You sighed, “Alright, alright…I’ll figure it out when I talk to her.” You glanced at your wrist-watch, “I’m coming home soon anyways.” You said.

“Good and hurry please!”

“Bye.” You said before Young-Mi hung up and you glanced at Mark who stare at you from the mirror reflection. “I have to go home Mark.” You said with slight guilty.

Mark turned around, “I’ll take you.” He said as he walked to his things to put stuff away.

“Omo, you don’t have to. I’ll just take the bus.” You protect as Mark continue putting his things away back to in his backpack. He stood up and shrug his backpack over his shoulder, “Let’s go.” He walked out of the room and you quickly pick up your backpack and follow him.

When you and Mark walked outside, it’s nearly dark outside and Mark started his motor-skateboard. He placed his foot onto the motor-skateboard and lift his hand toward you. You stare at his hand and glanced at Mark who jerk his head at his hand in silent message, ‘Grab it.’

You grabbed his hand awkwardly and Mark gently pulled you onto his motor-skateboard behind him. “Hold on tight.” Mark warned you and you held back of his shirt tightly.

[][][][][]

After you gave Mark the directions where you live. You have arrived at your house and you glanced at it.

You jumped off the motor-skateboard and turned around to face your partner, “Umm…thanks for taking me home.” You thanked him. Mark just shrugged his shoulders then he slid his backpack front of him to grabbed something out and hand it to you.

You stare at a small lunch box on his hand, “It’s not a lot but it’s kimbap.” Your eyes wide at his answer, “Kimbap?!” you take the box and open the lid in surprise.

“Omo!” you can smell the delicious food, “Thank you.” You smile in excited that you couldn’t wait to taste the good Korean food. 

You quickly take off your backpack and grabbed your lunch box, “Aigoo…I ate half of it but it’s spaghetti.” You said with sheepishly, “It’s okay if you don’t want it.” But Mark took your lunch box instead and put in his backpack. You blinked then grinned at him, “Well…see you tomorrow?” Mark nodded his head. You waved at him and walked to your house.

Mark watches you walked inside of your house then he started his motor-skateboard on and started to ride.

[][][][][]

Mark arrived his house and he stare at it in loathe.

He sighed and jumped off his motor-skateboard and picked up. He walked to his house and paused when he saw a butler opening the door and bowed respectfully. “Welcome home young Master.” Mark frowned. He nod his head and walked in.

Mark halted when he saw his father flirting a woman who wears too much skin showing. He tightens his fists in silent anger and his father noticed him.

“Oh, my son!” his father laughed happily, “That’s Mark, the one I was talking about.” He said to the woman. The woman smiles widely as she waved at Mark. “Hello Mark!” she greeted happily.

Mark ignored the woman and glared at his father, “Did you tell her you have a wife?” he sarcastically said. The woman looked down silently as his father raise his eyebrows. “Wae ye, I did.” He placed his arm around the woman’s shoulder. “She knows.” He said happily.

“What about umma? Does she know that you are cheating on her for the past two years?” he snapped at his father. His father frowned, “Watch your tone with me young man.” He warned Mark.

Mark scoffed and walked away. ‘Unbelievable.’ He gritted his teeth in anger. He can hear his father and the gold-digger woman laughing together that he stormed upstairs and went straight to his bedroom with the door shut loudly.

“Aish!” he throws his backpack against the wall and ruffled his hair in anger.

Mark sits on his bed in exhausted, “When will you come home umma?” he whispered sadly. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and clicked few times onscreen. His eyes soften when he saw his mother’s picture saved in his phone. ‘Umma…’ all of the sudden, he got new message and he clicked it without thinking.

Thank you so much for kimbap! It was delicious! I hope you enjoy the spaghetti! ;)

He read the message from you then slowly a small smile lifted on his face. His eyes glanced at his backpack where he threw, he stood up and grabbed it. He takes the lunch box out and texting few words back to you. I’ll enjoy it. Thanks Teia. Mark send it to you.

Mark sits on the couch and open the lid, he can see you left your plastic fork inside so he grabbed the fork. He twirled the pasta and put in his mouth. The spaghetti might be cold, and it might be half of it but he liked it. Mark closed his eyes, ‘What does she do to me?’ he thought with hint of soften in his eyes and continue to finished the food.

[][][][][]

“Excuse me, Kate?” you stood front of her as you are in the living room. Kate glanced up from her novel book, “Ye?” Kate raise her eyebrows at you in questioning.

You cleared your throat, “I’m curious is that I’ve heard you talked with Young-Mi’s parents.” You said.

Kate placed her finger in her novel page so she wouldn’t lose her spot, “Is that any of your business, Teia?”

‘…well…if it’s involve with me and Young-Mi, then ye, it is my business.’ You really want to talk back at her but knew that she’ll scold you for a long time and will talk to your appa about this and then your appa will scold you for even longer time. When you appa comes home, he and your step-mother will even make MORE scold you a REALLY long time together. Arg.

“Nevermind. It’s none of my business.” You mumbled and Kate narrowed her eyes at you.

“Speak up. Mumble is not polite. Wash up before dinner’s ready.” Kate ordered you and you nodded your head and walked upstairs to your bedroom.

You sighed out loud as you closed the door behind you. “This .” You complained as you walked to your bed. You put your backpack on the bed before you went to talk with Kate. You remembered the kimbap that Mark gave you so you quickly grabbed it from your backpack.

You sit on the chair and open the lunch box, you pick one of the kimbap and placed in your mouth. You closed your eyes in bliss at the wonderful familiar taste. ‘So good!’ you can feel like crying in joy. You grabbed your phone to text Mark to thank him once again.

Thank you so much for kimbap! It was delicious! I hope you enjoy the spaghetti! ;)

You send him the text and continue to eat your kimbap and enjoying the taste of amazing Korean food. When your phone alert the new message, you read it; I’ll enjoy it. Thanks Teia.

You grinned widely, “Who would’ve thought he’s like this?” you thought out loud. Then made a face when you also remember something else, “Right…I’m temporary member for Got7…” you groaned as you leaned back on the chair. ‘Will my life get better or worse?’