My First Day of School! Part One

Me vs Kingkas: Wae Me?!

“TE-TE!!!!” you screamed in fright when you suddenly felt the hard crashed onto you. You fell off the bed without thinking, “Owwie…” you comedically waterfall tears while rubbing your painful back. You open your right eye to see who’s the culprit that nearly kill you. You twitched, “Kim, Young-Mi!” you snapped at your annoying next door neighbor and childhood friend.

Young-Mi pouted at you, “Why did you snap at me?” she whined.

You glared at her, “HOW many times do I HAVE to tell you?! STOP JUMPED ON ME EVERY MORNING!” you screamed at her irritated as you raise your shaking fist at her.

Young-Mi hummed then she smiles, “Are you excited for your new first day of high school?!” she ignored your foul attitude toward her. You deadpanned at her, “Sometimes I wonder how we are friends…” you grumbled as you stood up.

You walked to your night table to pick up your glasses and put it on. “Te-Te~” Young-Mi whined as she tucked your white with duck T-Shirt. You glanced at her in suspicion, “What do you want?” you grumbled still feel irritated that she is the reason for your sore back in the morning once again.

“You didn’t answer my question! Are you excited to go to JYP High School?!” Young-Mi squealed happily for you. You blinked and looked at your calendar, “Omo…that is today.” You smile softly.

Young-Mi tilted her head, “When does your school start?” she asked innocently.

You hummed, “Seven-thirty.” You replied in confuse why your friend wants to know. Young-Mi pointed at the digital clock on your night-table. 6:54 A.M.

You stare at the clock then your eyes wide in horror, “CRAP! I’M GOING TO BE LATE!!!” you squealed in fear as you quickly run straight to your bathroom.

Young-Mi sigh, “You are so lucky Te-Te! You got accepted to JYP school while I stuck to go YG school.” She pouted while crossed her arms sulking.

“YG is not bad school.” You walk fast out of the bathroom while toothbrush hanging in your mouth as you grabbed your socks from the drawer, “I heard there’s a group that are brilliant dancers and rappers.” You said as you slipped your socks on.

Your friend sighed aloud dramatically, “Still…JYP is one of the best school. The one that can offer you to have any college to get in. Lucky you Te-Te.” She flops her back on your bed.

“Stop pouting kiddo.” You half grin at your friend, “You’ll be fine at YG. Who knows, you might found something in that school.” You said after you put away your toothbrush and stand front of the mirror. You smooth your uniform nicely and nod your head in satisfied.

“Te-Te…” you glanced at your friend, “…please don’t forget me. We both go to different school now but don’t forget me.” Young-Mi pleaded you softly. You raise your eyebrows at her odd request, “Young-Mi…” you walked to her and pat her head with a soft smile on your face.

“I would never forget you. You are such a silly girl if you think that I would forget my own childhood friend.”

Young-Mi smiles at you in relief, “Thanks.”

“Plus…” you slowly look away in depression, “…I can’t never seem to get rid of you for the past ten years…” you sigh sadly. Young-Mi glare at you and you grinned at her jokily.

You grabbed your blue back-pack, “Let’s go! I do not want to be late!” you ran out of your bedroom with Young-Mi follows you by walking.

Just as you were about to leave, “Teia.” You halted and glanced over your shoulder. You saw your step-mother drinking her tea while reading the newspaper on the table. “Good morning Kate.” You greeted her awkwardly. Your step-mother is half French and half Korean that married your father couple years ago. Your relationship with her is…eh.

Kate glanced up at you, “It’s not very lady-like to run in the house.” She narrowed her eyes as she observed you, “…fix that tie properly and your hair needs to comb.” She said in monotone.

You mentally twitched but grinned at her, “Ah, th-“

“Don’t grin. It’s not lady-like.” Kate interrupted you as she sipped her tea gently.

You nearly twitch but smile in sort of creepy way, “A-ah…thanks.”

Young-Mi arrived in the room and paused when she felt the awkward tense atmosphere between you and your step-mother.

“Come on, Te-Te… you’ll be late if you don’t hurry.” She whispered to you when she’s near you.

You bowed your step-mother, “I’m leaving now.” You politely said and your step-mother just wave her hand while reading the newspaper.

You and Young-Mi left the house and you scowl right away once you are out of your house’s sight. “Lady-like my !” you grumbled.

Young-Mi giggled, “Well, it can’t be helped that your step-mother was raise to be sophisticated and mannerly since she’s from big wealth family.” She said.

“Still…” you twitched as you crossed your arms in annoyed. You and Young-Mi arrived at the bus stop bench, Young-Mi hugs you, “Have fun.” She sang softly.

You grin at her, “Thanks kiddo.” You jokily used the nickname.

“Bye Te-Te! See you later!” Young-Mi waved at you as she backward and then turned around to walk.

You adjust your backpack comfortably on your back while waiting for the bus to arrive. You glanced at your purple cheap wristwatch. ‘Seven-thirteen. When the bus gets here, it would be less than twenty-minutes to get JYP. Hopefully.’ You thought as you glanced around to any familiar bus to arrive.

You bite your lip worried as you glanced your watch once again, ‘I only have ten minutes left! Where’s the bus?!’ you panicked.

“Oh screw this!” you shifted your backpack around front of you and wiggled your ankles. “Here I go…” you started to run.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The gate greeted your eyes that you nearly cry of joy when you saw the gate are still open. ‘I can make it! I know I can!’ you took quick glance at your watch, ‘One minute!’ you pump up your legs to run faster that you thank the heavens above that you have fast legs.

You finally jumped over through the open gate in huge relief and panted while placed your hands on your knees. “Safe!” you wheezed.

“YAH!” you snapped out of it and turn around in froze when you saw a boy riding on his bicycle in rapid speed. Your legs refuse to budge that you just stare at in deer large eyes. You quickly snap your eyes shut in brace the pain. ‘Oh my goodness!’ you scream mentally in fear.

CRASH!

You cringed at the loud sounds but none pain so you open your eyes in confuse. Your jaw dropped when you saw a boy who rode the bicycle had forced to move toward the gate. You ran toward him in concerned, “Omo! Are you okay?!” you asked the boy in shocked.

The boy flinched in pain and glance up at you. Your eyes wide at his appearance, ‘P-pretty.’ You thought with soft blush on your face.

“Aish…” the boy hissed in pain that you snapped out of your daze.

“Omo! I’m so sorry!” you apologized to him that you realized he hurt himself instead hurting you both.

The boy glared at you, “Watch where you standing pabo!” he snapped. You twitched at his rude attitude, “I’m…sorry.” You mumbled feeling small irritated at his rude tone.

He clicked his tongue in annoyed and kicked his bicycle away from him. You attempt to help him but he waved your hands away from him. “I don’t need your help.” He grumbled.

You silently glare at him, ‘So freaky rude!’ you thought with your teeth gritted.

He stood up after he dust the dirt off his uniform, he grabbed his bicycle and glare at you. “Next time, pay attention pabo.” He snapped and walked away from you.

Your jaw dropped at him then crossed your arms in huffed, “That jerk!” you grumbled then you heard the bell. “Oh no!” you freak out and start to run toward the school.

When you arrived your class, you went straight walk to your desk and plop on the chair. You sighed in relief as you placed your head on the desk. Your tears fall in comedy-style, “Made it.” You cheered weakly.

The last bell rang and the teacher walked in. “Hello class.” The teacher greeted the students, “I’m Lee, Jung. I’ll be your homeroom teacher for the rest of this year.” Mr. Lee said.

“Today, we’re going to be getting to know each other-“ the door slide open that interrupted Mr. Lee’s lecture. He looks up at the student that your eyes wide. ‘Omo! What is HE doing here?!’ you thought with a pale.

The boy bowed politely, “Sorry I’m late.” He walked in and handed the note to the teacher, “I was at the nurse.” He simply explained. Mr. Lee nodded his head and looked up, “The seat is empty over that. You can take those.” He dismissed the student.

The boy walked calmly toward to your direction and he glanced at your fear eyes but ignored and sits behind you. You flinched, ‘Great, not only he’s my classmate but also sits behind me. Wonderful.’ You thought sarcastically.

Mr. Lee cleared his throat, “As I was saying, you all should get to know each other since you will be classmates rest of this year. However, there’s odd numbers of students here so… there will be two partner while the rest are group of three.” He explained, “Now, ready to pick your partners?” you can see the students are looking at each other and some are smiles and others are wink at each other.

“Then begin.”

You stood up awkwardly since you don’t know anyone. You glanced around to see if you can find any partners to be part of the group. You walked around to search any available but couldn’t find anything so you walked to Mr. Lee.

“Excuse me, Mr. Lee… I don’t think I found my partner yet.” You said.

Mr. Lee hummed while glanced around his class to find any available student until his eyes landed on one, “Ah, there’s one.” He pointed at the student where your eyes follow his direction.

You twitched, ‘HIM?!’ you mentally cursed your fate.

“Go ahead. It’s part of the grade to be participant.” Mr. Lee said with a smile with hint of devious in it. You shivered and walked to your desk.

You sat down in your seat and turn your body so you are half facing him. You frown, “Yah, we’re the only one who don’ have partner.” You said. The boy glanced at you then looked away uninterested.

You gritted your teeth in anger, “Since we’re the only one who are available. We can be…partners.” You forced out the last word.

You wait for his reply but none so you glared at him. “Will you please answer?” you grumbled.

“Pabo.” He answered.

If this were anime, your veins would pop out right there since he is starting to get on your nerves. Badly.

“Alright, it seems everyone got their partners. From now on, it’s your partner for the rest of the year.” He said. Your eyes snap at your teacher in disbelieved as the boy behind you scoffed.

Mr. Lee clapped his hands, “Now, get to know your partners and in twenty minutes. You will come up here and tell us what you learn about your partner. Begin.” He said and the other students chatted each other except you and your unfortunately collaborate.

You turn back to you with an annoyed frown as the boy just stare at the view through the window. You huffed, “My name is Song, Teia.” You introduced yourself to him. You wait for the reaction but none from him. So you glared at him, “What’s your name?” you hissed at him calmly.

His respond was rolled his eyes. You twitched, “You know that you are an , right?” you hissed at him once again.

“And you know that you are annoying little pabo.” The boy blunted uninterested.

You lift your shaking fist at him, “You…. Aish!” you surrendered your arms and turned your back on him. ‘Stupid pretty-face.’ You mentally grumbled. You thought about how your rest of first high school is that you are stuck with him. ‘Arg…’

When the twenty minutes are over, each group came up and introduced each other that you nearly panic. ‘I don’t even know his name!’ you thought nervously.

Mr. Lee nodded his head, “Okay. Next…” he looked around and pointed at you, “Your group.” You flinched but slowly stood up and you heard the chair squeaked behind you. ‘At least he’s coming with me.’ You thought.

You stand front of the class with the boy next to you in emotionless. You grimaced, “This is…” you paused as you stare at him and noticed he’s taller than you. ‘Giant.’ You thought.

The boy sighed aloud, “Her name is stupid annoying pabo girl.” He blunted and looked away with bored face.

You twitched, “This is Mr. .” You smile tightly while fluttered your eyelashes at the boy and the students broke out in whispers.

Mr. Lee frowned in disapproved. “Not acceptable. Again.” He crossed his arms with warning eyes.

You crossed your arms, “Song, Teia is my name. I don’t know his.” You jerk your chin at him. All eyes on the boy until he dropped his shoulders and stare at the class in boredom.

“Yugyeom.” He simple said his name.

Mr. Lee frown deepen, “Keep in mind that you both are partners for the rest of this year. Learn to get along.” He drag the last word as if he warns you and him.  

Yugyeom glared at you in irritated and you gladly glared back at him. ‘I can’t believe this is the worst start of the first day. Arg!’