Seven

Is this even possible?

 

 

“Finally! I finised the choreo!!” I said in my I’m –the-happiest-person-in-the-world tone.

 I spent a lot of time thinking about this routine in special last night when I could sleep because of this. I was even keeping track of my thoughts and ideas in a journal.  As I begin choreographing, I made these early brainstorming sessions for inspiration and direction. I tried everything. I tried to get inspired by other performances and devote sometime to watching street performers, YouTube videos, and classical recitals. I watched old musicals and modern music videos (the song I chooseed is “Senile” by Young Money ft. Tyga, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne).

I was thinking about everything while I was doing the choreo. I rehearsed my choreo on the floor I will be performing. I recorded my practice. Decided how the dancers will enter and exit the stage. And after reviewing the footage from my rehearsal, I revised the choreography once again. 

Once I finished with it I went out to eat something. I only had 2 hours before the class start and I saw all of those who were selected yesterday practicing a lot, scrambling to finish and organize everything.

When I came back I saw that Kai, Bobby and May Jee Lee will be judging along with Sarah. I have a feeling that they will have different opinions in terms of deciding and picking the choreos.

“First choreo of the day!” May Jee Lee shouted as they prepared their serious faces.

“2nd choreo of the day!” She called again.

 “3rd choreo of the day!”

“4th choreo of the day!”

“5th choreo of the day!”

“6th choreo!”

“7th choreo!”

“We will take a 5 minutes break first!” Kai said. It’s been 50 minutes already. I was the 9th one, my time to perform was really close and it was nerve-raking it was my “independent project”, “my challenge” and now I have to show that I really worked hard. So they can see that I want to go at those events. I think this is my chance to make some money and to start a career in here. I can’t stay here without a job forever, so I really need this to work.

“The break is over we are starting again!”

“8th choreo!”

“9th choreo!”

 Here I go! I went on the stage to do my little choreo. I then counted in my head “ 1,2,3,4,5,6, pose,pose”(just so I stayed with the music). Once I started to dance I was feeling wonderful; I just wanted to have a great time.  After I finished I had a pretty good feeling about what will happen next.

“10th choreo!”

“11th choreo!”

“12th choreo!”

“13th choreo!”

“14th choreo! And the last one!” May J. said.

After everything was done, Bobby told us that they will give us the results on e-mail so we can go home and he will be seeing us at the dance class. I went home and Sarah stayed at the studio cause she has to decide and pick the best choreos together with Kai, Bobby and May J.

                                         *************************************

“I’m home!” I heard Sarah shouting from the door.

“Hey there! How was it?”

“Not bed actually!”

“You know the results?”

“Of course I do!”

“Then tell me!”

“No, you will find out when bobby will send you the e-mail.” She said with her I’m-not-telling-you-anything tone.

“Have you eat?” I asked.

“Yeah I went with Kai after we finished.”

“Aham…you went with Kai….I get it now.” I said with I-know-is-happening-something-between-you-two tone.

“Dude! Chill! Is nothing we are just friends you know I don’t like him and I don’t think he likes me ether.” She said and rolled my eyes at me.

“Let’s call Amy and tell her the bad news!” I said while I went to my room to bring the laptop.

“Actually there are good news too so yeah let’s call her!”

 

“What’s up girls?” Amy said.

“Hey nothing much.” I said

“Actually a lot of things! We have good news and bad news!” Sarah said

“Wait are we telling her now?” I asked Sarah.

“Yeah”

“No let’s have the basic conversation first, shall we?”

“Girls!” Amy was calling us.

“No let’s tel her now and after we will talk about nothing. Important things come first!”

“Girls you know I can hear you right?” Amy interrupted us.

“What’s with your face.” I asked her.

“I just wake up here is 8 a.m. you know…”

“Ah right, here is 5 p.m. already we forgot about the time difference sorry!”

“Don’t worry just tell me what you have to tell, what’s all this about?” She said and she began to brush their teeth.

“Well we can’t come in U.K. anymore.” I said.

“What? Noo ..Why? The ? I Really wanted to see you! I miss you so much!”

“But we have good news too!” Sarah said.

“Well you kinda ruined my day with this and I don’t really want to hear the “good news” cause I know it will not be enough good to make my day good again.”

“Plus, minus, you should listen what I have to say to you.” Sarah said with trust-me-you-want-to-know-this tone.

“Okay let’s hear it.” She did not seem too excited but at least she wanted to hear it.

“We made you an early Christmas present!” Sarah said in super cheering tone.

“We did?” I asked Sarah.

“Yeah Ma Ri! Just pretend you know about it!”

“Ooohh yeah….we diiid!”

“What’s that about?”

“You are coming in Korea!” Sarah said.

“Whaat?”

“Surpise!!”

“I thought, no actually to be honest Kai give me this idea if we can’t go to you , to bring you here at us.”

“Wow this kid is a genius!” Amy said. “Well this day is not that bad now. I can’t believe I will come in ing Korea! I can’t wait!”

“Well you don’t have to wait too much! You will be here on 24 in the morning, you will make 23 hrs on the plane and you ticket is booked at first class.”

“What the girls! First class?! Why? That’s a lot of money!”

“Well it was the only one who had like two seats or so, because is the holyday period and everyone is traveling this days. Plus we really wanted to be with you for Christmas.” Sarah said.

“So I’m leaving on 23 december?”

“Yeah that’s right!”

“Thank you girls! You are the best!”

“We have to thank Kai for his idea!” I said and looked at Sarah.

“Ma Ri what about Jay? You tell us nothing about him.”

“Who is Jay? WTF Amy?”

“Jay...the guy from that party?”

“Ahh LoL what about him?” I asked really confused. Who ask this kind of questions so random.

“Well you didn’t tell us so much about him, you know..”

“Girls is nothing to say about, you already know everything about it, I don’t know anything about him…He is gorgeous and that’s all. He didn’t even crossed my mind until now. Thanks Amy for remembering me about a super hot guy that I will never have. “

“Oh well at least I tried, I should get going now otherwise I will be late for work.”

“Okay, talk to you later!”

“Sure, see you soon!”

“Can’t wait! Bye!”

“Bye!”

Once we finished to talk with Amy I checked my e-mail, and there it was the one from Bobby at first I didn’t really wanted to see what is written in that, but  I have to do what I have to do. So I opened it. My pulse instantly increase and hear the blood beating in my ears.

From: Bobby_ Kim_Ji-won

Subject: The Resuts

Date: 21 December 2016

To: Ma_Ri32

 

 

Dear Miss Ma Ri,

After I examined carefully together with my coleagues, we want to anunce you that sadly your choreo wasn’t selected.

 

After the first sentence I was so sad that I didn’t even bother to read the whole e-mail.  I mean I nailed every bit of choreography at the studio, but the instructors did not like my style I guess. I mean I did everything perfect I know this for sure.  I danced my heart out, but I couldn’t make it.

“What’s with that face?” Sarah asked me.

“Well I get the e-mail from Bobby.”

“And?!”

“And my choreo wasn’t selected.”

“But is not that bad right? What did he said about your choreo?”

“Don’t know I only read the first sentence, I couldn’t….” And I couldn’t finish my sentence cause my tears started to fall.

“Dude why are you like that? You didn’t even read the e-mail till the end!”

“Stop it! I don’t want to know about it anymore!”

“Just listen to me, read it till the end and we will talk after ok?”

“Okay…” I said and stated to read again that stupid e-mail.

 

From: Bobby_ Kim_Ji-won

Subject: The Results

Date: 21 December 2016

To: Ma_Ri32

 

 

Dear Miss Ma Ri,

After I examined carefully together with my coleagues, we want to anunce you that sadly your choreo wasn’t selected. But congratulations! (“Congrats my what are they congratulating me for?” I asked myself while I was reading). You are well on your way to becoming a true performer.  Sure, it hurts to be told that your choreo in not right ( that’s not helping at all ) but you are good enough and we decided that you will be joining the cast of the shows. (WTF? AM I READING THIS RIGHT! ) We are truly sorry about the chore but these experiences are good for you Continue to work hard and improve your choreos, and it will pay off eventually.

Congratulations! See you tomorrow at 8 at the studio for the dance practice!

“Holy ! I just made it to my very first “challenge” I’m going to dance on the stage!! Look up in the sky people!!! Pigs are flying through the air!!” I was shouting out in the room

“See I told you that you have to read all of it” I heard Sarah. Seriously  I am in total shock.” I have never made it to a "challenge" before. This RULES!!”

“Oh, hopes...don't get up toooo high. It ain't over yet...In  fact, it hasn't really even begun...Plus they told you that you can come because Bobby is leaving in U. S. A. at his parents for  the holydays. ” She said.

“Hey don’t kill my enthusiasm ,please!” I can hardly believe it. I hugged the laptop and Sarah. I am way TOOO EXCIDED.

Our program for the next days is like this: at 8 we have to be on the dance floor we will be in the studio all day, and at 5 p.m we will go to eat. At 7 we will be back at the studio, a car will come to take us at the stage, the makeup artists and the stylists will give us the look for the show and we will perform together with the idols. On 24 we will have the day off cause the stage was canceled and it’s perfect because is the day that Amy will arrive.

*****************************************************************************

A to the B
Dance to the big big beat
Dance to the big big beat with a like
Dance to the big big beat
Dance to the big big beat

“Hello Amy where are you?”

“I just arrived, you will not guess what happened to me on this trip!” She was screaming in excitement at the phone.

“What happened?” Sarah asked. She was on speaker we were at the hotel waiting for her. (yeah I know we are such a good friends we didn’t even bother to go and pick her up from the airport)

“I will tell you everything about it when I will see you!”