Four

Is this even possible?

“5, 6, 7 and 8 Pose! Okay, very nice everybody! from the beginning!” Sarah was shouting to cover the music which was playing.

“Is she trying to kill us? “I said to Kai.

 Yeah Kai was there, and Bobby and May J Lee everybody was curious about Sarah dance skills and the way she is on the dance floor. I’m telling you, she is a pro for sure. This is so different from Kai dance class. I know this is an advanced class, but still, she is really exaggerating. But what do I know any way. I am just going to Fake it until I make it!”.

“Well is not that bad.” Kai said. He was all sweating but it wasn’t that bad?! What’s wrong with him?

“Are you kidding me?”

“Ma Ri! Can you pay attention, please!” I heard Sarah.

“Sorry” I said embarrassed (WTF everyone is looking at me now.)

“Okay let’s continue, and 5, 6, 7, 8  That’s the last one if it will be a good one.”

“Oh, really that’s to much even for me.” I heard Bobby whispering.

After we finished dancing Sarah had a pleased smile on her face.

“I think we finished our work for today. “I said to Bobby with a big smile.

He looked at me and smirked.

 “It was great, I really liked this one! It was perfect! Do you guys really did it, or it was just luck?” Sarah asked. She was still smiling.

“It wasn’t just luck. I’m sure of that, we all worked hard.” May J Lee answered the question.

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah Sara, we did it!”

“Then you can do it one more time, you have to convince me that, that wasn’t luck. Once again! Last time! Now for real, last time everybody!”

“I can’t believe she is doing this to me!!

Bobby looked at me and smirked again. What’s with the smirking anyway.

She stared the music again and started to count and there it was my longest minute of my life, I was feeling like dying. I was so exhausted I just wanted to go home and take a shower and go to bed.

“Good job everyone let’s go home see you next time!”

Everybody started to clap and screaming in joy we were so happy this was the end of the class. To be honest now that I finished with it wasn’t so bad. I am really proud of me. I did it. I can’t believe how experienced and well trained teacher is she. No wonder they wanted her in their team. The way back home was quiet cause we didn’t have enough energy to speak with each other so we just stared on the window of the cab.

Once we were back at the hotel we took a shower and we were supposed to get ready for the event. I really didn’t want to come but it seems that Sara spoke with Kai and he made her promise that she will come. I don’t know why she did this, she doesn’t seems to get along with him anyway. I mean she’s not answering his calls and when we are together I’m the one who is speaking with him more… I don’t know, maybe is I my perception wrong.

Today was so hectic and everything happened so fast. It was almost time for us to go to the event hall. Kai came and picked us up cause he wanted to be sure that we will come at the event. The event was hold at The Plaza Seoul, the place was huge, I didn’t thought that 1Million had so much money.

Imagini pentru The Plaza Seoul

Once we were there Bobby and May J Lee welcomed us, there was just the choreographers and some people I didn’t know ( a lot of them actually) but Sarah new most of them, she told me that some of them are idols, some of them are models, some of them are rappers, actors, photographers and so one. I was amazed that she knew so much about Korean public figures.

Bobby, Kai and May J Lee took us to take a look around. They introduced us to almost everybody (Sarah was so excited, I was too but I didn’t  know who were the idols, rappers e.t.c., but I can say there were a lot of hot guys (and when I’m thinking that I almost missed this). After all the introductions, we were hanging out with Sarah coworkers. Here are a lot of people who are talking English so it was pretty easy for us to socialize. After a while more people were coming in, we were introduced to them too. It was already to much to remember for me. I mean if they had normal names, but no, they all were Korean I remember some of them like Lee Jong Suk he is an actor,  Jessy, she is a really y America-Korean Rapper, PSY, I knew him before this, let’s be real, everyone knows him. I can’t believe I meet him, Hyuna or something like that, she was pretty cute, some Winner guys they were idols for sure, they were really hot, anyway that is all I can remember so far, I really have to work harder with the names. We had small talks with them we stared to feel comfortable and loosen up a bit, we crack jokes every now and then. My phone stared to rang I looked at the hour it was 10 p.m.

“Who is it at this hour?” Sarah asked.

“ my parents, I really have to take this I totally forgot about my daily call, I promised them.”

“Okay go and talk with them, don’t worry I’m fine.” Sarah said to me and then she took a quick look to Kai.

Back home it was 1 p.m. ( 9 hours difference) so it was lunch time I’m always calling during the lunch cause we can speak how much we want. My parents are in their lunch break and I am in bed or whatever I am usually home so yeah we can take our time but not today. After about 10 minutes I went out and I was about to join the others, when I felt like I need something to drink.

While I was standing in like to order my drink I was looking around.” What the… I can’t digest the fact that most people are there to try to look their best instead of dancing?! Isn’t this a place we were supposed to have fun?”

“Yes it is, but you know people are here to do business, get drunk and after that maybe they will start to dance and have fun.”

I heard the guy next to me saying. Oh I spoke my mind again. Why am I doing this all the time?

jay park and aomg image

“Excuse me, but you are?”

“Oh you don’t know me?

“Well… did May J Lee introduced us already? Cause I really don’t remember. I’m sorry but it is really hard for me everything and everyone is new and I am really bad with names.”

“No she didn’t”

“Oh…then how am I supposed to know you? Have we met before?” I am confused, who is him, should I know him? Is he someone important?

“No we haven’t meet before.”

“Well I’m Ma Ri” I said

“Hi there, I’m Jay!” He came to me and we shake hands. He was really hot, he was tall and he has tattoos on his hands and on the neck. And his smile was killing me.

“A Long Island please!”I told to the bartender.

“Here you go!”

“Thanks!”

“So, Ma Ri!”

“Yeah!”

“Do you want to go somewhere, were we can talk?”

My brain is telling me to go to Sarah and where others are but my mouth is not listening.

“Yes, sure.”

I can’t breathe, LITERALLY!! What have I done? If he is a freak?  Where is he taking me? Maybe is not a good idea. OK, I will try not to overthink it’s a party anyway.

 We went out on the balcony, the view was impressive.

“Oh wow is wonderful!” I said. I inhaled the cold air and watched the city lights. I love night time, is so beautiful and mysterious.

It is just us up here and he is just few inches away from me. His back is facing me. He is looking so damn good. I’m beyond nervous I took out my phone and I texted Sarah where I am and with who, just in case you know. Why can’t I do something? I want to go closer to him, to see his face, but it seems my body won’t even move. What’s happening with me? Maybe is because of the environment.

“So what are you doing here?” he asked me and break the silence.

“I was invited, like you.”

“No, here in Korea I mean?”

“Well I am learning how to dance?” I said and went closer to him.

“Why dancing? Why in Korea?”

“It is a lot to say about that I don’t think we have enough time for this story.”

“I have time.” He said while he sat dawn on the chair. ”Take a seat.”

“Are you sure you want to hear all of it?”

“Yeah I’m curious. Or, okay tell me about dancing”

“Well I made Ballroom Dance for 8 years, I was national Champion and then I gave it up cause I had to study and after 3 years, I’m in Korea learning how to dance Hip Hop, B-boing and Choreo. Long story short.”

“Why did you wanted to take dance classes from the start?”

“Are you seriously asking me this?”

“ Yup!”

What is wrong with this guy? Is he a dancer as well? He is a weirdo.

“Well… Dancing it was a whole new world, full of glamor and ritual where men can be men and women can be ladies, where everyone just wants to enjoy themselves and everyone has something in common. Plus when I dance I relieve stress, I love the world of dance, dancers are in the thick of fun, no matter the scenario, at the dance class the focus is on me. I am going there to make me a better person and happier one, every second I’m in a dance studio I feel alive, like I can do anything. It is really beautiful. Is the think I love the most in this world.”

After that, our conversation died, I didn’t know what to ask him and he stopped asking me things. I stared to ask myself if I said something wrong. After a moment of silence I heard a voice.

“Ma Ri, here you are!”

“Sarah?!”

“Yeah! where have you been? You are missing all the fun and we both know that you are not that kind of person, let’s go!”

“Wait what people are starting to actually dance inside?”

“Duh…everyone had several drinks already and is good music, come on!”

“Okay! I’m on!”

“Excuse us but we have to go” Sarah said and smiled politely at the guy.

Inside, the huge dance floor was already full, the plaice now is nosy and full of drunk people, the music is great (at this moment is playing Rudimental - Rumour Mill feat. Anne-Marie & Will Heard) and crowds is awesome they are really dancing. Just that their dance is very “kpopish” and pretty funny for me. At some point there were a lot of Korean songs who I didn’t know but I loved their rhythm and overall I had a good time. I tried to not getting drunk and Sarah tried that as well, but she is terribly resistant so she drank quite a lot, I just tried my best to resist temptation. The evening passed without many events, we just had a lot of fun, we danced a lot and when the slow songs came out I danced with whoever wanted me to dance with him, but Sarah danced with Kai all night. I’m telling you it is something happening with those two.

 

 

*****************************************************************************

Hey everyone I hope you like my story until now, I know that things are a bit slow m=with Ma Ri and Jay but stay tuned, they will have a great future together, I can’t believe that they already met each other ^^.  If you have any advices please comment below. 

XOXO  Kitty32!