fifthteen

Is this even possible?

When I was thinking about going on a yacht, I always thought that, when I will board on one, I will be going in places with white beaches and turquoise waters, sunshine and champagne. That, I could easily wear my brand new Jimmy Choo stilettos on my sailing summer holiday. I always pictured myself on a larger yacht in a white crocheted bikini, a soft hat on a sun deck, reading fashion magazines, and drinking cocktails. I had completely bought into the idea! But here I am in December, Seoul, in the night, with Jay Park sailing a yacht for my first time. Actually not even sailing, but fooling around that we are sailing. This is not what I pictured but to be honest is much better. I must be crazy, but I’m really enjoying this.

“Aren’t you going to call out some commands while are you behind the steering wheel captain?” He whispered at my ear while he hugged me from the back. I’m feeling chills on my body and is not because is a bit cold outside.

“Hmm okay, let’s see, start the engine!” I shouted on a playful tone.

“Ay, ay captain!” He said and the engine actually started.

“What The Jay?!” I asked. I couldn’t believe what is really happening here. Am I dreaming?

“Surprise!” He whispered, hugging me tighter. This is the most beautiful thing that a guy did for me so far! I can’t believe it.

“Don’t touch anything, we are really leaving the doc now.” He orders me, staying in the same position, but his hands moved now on the steering wheel. I can feel his smell, clean, fresh, divine. He looked at me and smiled. I'm holding my breath while I’m trying to behave myself and trying really hard not to turn at him and start to kiss him or do anything like that.

“You are safe, don’t worry.” He whispered. “Breathe…” He adds softly. He takes one of his hands off the wheel and with a caress far more gentle than any silk, he touched my cheek going dawn to my chin, which he catches between the thumb and the index finger. He leans forward and gives me a short kiss.

“Do you know what do you have to do?” I asked him.

“I have my license for 4 years now, you are safe with me.” He's throwing me a smirk.

 Wow! It is dark and the sparkling lights of the city are so beautiful. From here we can see how far the urban sprawl goes. The night scene is so mesmerising and breathtaking. It’s astonishing how large and vibrant the city really is.

“What do you think?” I heard Jays voice in my ear.

“It’s breathtaking. But how do you know where to go?”

“Look.” He points his finger toward an electronic compass. ”This thing is the best one for night rides. We will not be going too far anyway, it’s a bit windy and I don’t want to be responsible if you will catch a cold.” He said and smirked.

“It’s windy but is not too cold.” I said. The cold is not bothering me at all I’m way too amazed by the view. It’s astonishing how large and vibrant the city really is. “So tell me about the city, about the river, come on, be a good guide!” I joked.

“Well is not much to say, I mean, I don’t know about it either.”

“Oh come on Jay, you have to tell me something about it. Anything it will be okay.” I giggled.

“Let’s see...River passes across the city from east to west and it is almost 1 km wide and permanently navigable. “

“That’s it?” I said and laughed.

“Yes pretty much…If you are so interested about it, search it on web ok?!”

“Okay, okay I’m sorry Mr.-the-worse-guide-ever, I will not ask you to tell me about your city ever again.” I looked at him, I think he’s smiling, but is hard to say, I can’t see it clear on the dark. We traveled in the dark night for a while, in silence. The yacht started to go slower and slower until Jay stopped the engine, now it is just floating around. We are in a complete silence and Jay is leaving from my back.

“What are you doing why did we stop?” I asked. Now I can feel the cold wind.

“I want to enjoy Seoul’s night time view too. Why can’t I do that?” He asked me while setting the anchor.

It feels kind of funny, kind of weird, kind of creepy…Why? Because is middle of the night, and middle of the river, nobody is here, nobody can hear me, nobody can’t reach at me if something will happened. You know Dexter, the murderer, who worked for police, he was throwing his victims bodies, in pieces in the ocean… (BTW Dexter is a really good TV Series).Okay Ma  Ri you are really watching way too may TV series. I told myself and snapped back.

“Let’s go.” He said and took my hand.

“Where?” I asked confused, it’s not like you can go anywhere else right?

“I want to sit dawn and enjoy each other company.” He said and we went dawn at the open lounge deck. Once I sat dawn he ordered me. “Wait here for a minute.” And he left inside of the yacht, in cabin. In short time he came back with a blanket. “Here you go!” He put the blanket around our shoulders.

“It’s so obvious that you are enjoying this so much.” I whispered.

“What?” He looked at me in the weak light with a questioning expression.

“To sail.” I made it clear for him. “Are you always trying to impress the ladies like this?” I asked him sincerely interested.

“I have never broth a lady on my yacht before.” He has a serious tone. I didn’t expected that answer.

“Well Mr. Park I’m impressed.” I said and kissed him on the cheek. ”But why did you do it?” I’m a curious person.

“Well you said you never been before on a yacht so I decided to do something nice, I don’t know, I just felt to do it. It looks good isn’t it?” And he showed me to look thru the city. And just like that he changed the subject.

Imagini pentru seoul river at night

I nodded enthusiastically. “Seems to be unreal- it’s like another world, so different from London.”

“You know what I like it here?” he asked on a soft tone.

“No, obviously I don’t, what?” I asked and looked at him.

“The silence. The fact that I can be myself and no one will be here to judge me for my actions. ”

“You can be yourself anytime you want.” I said sincerely.

“No, you can do that, I can’t, because I have to do what I have to do, not what I want to do.”

“You can do whatever you want, your fans will support you no matter what, because they know you and they trust you.”

“How much do you think they know about me?” He asked and looked at me with a curious face.

“Well I don’t know you are a public figure so they must know a lot about you…”

“They know me only trough Tv. They don’t listen to my music, they don’t look at my Instagram they don’t want to know me, they are just following the trend, just because I’m an artist they love me and I have to look cool and make whatever they expected me to do, I can’t show myself to the world the way I want. I am an entertainer, making money from fans. ”

“And what are the things that you really want to show to the fans, how do you want people to look at you?” I looked him in the eyes.

“I want people to take me as an example.” He sounded serious.

“Why would you? What made you to be an example for others?” He hugged me tighter under the blanket and his face come closer to mine.

“That, I will tell you when we will become closer.” He whispered at my ear.

“Oh come on! Why are you like this?” He just started to open up, what just happened? Have I asked something wrong?

“Just because…” He said and kissed my cheek.

“That’s not an answer.” I said and looked at the city.

“Your turn, tell me about you.” He said and smirked.

I looked at him with my I-know-that-you-are-trying-to-change-the-subject-and-I’m-not-falling-for-it-but-I’m-going-to-let-it-pass face and I answered. “Well is not much to know, I already told you a lot of things about me, you know where I came from and what I’m doing here, what is it to know more about me and you don’t know?”

“I found you interesting, I can’t anticipate what you will say or do, you are very blunt and you are not hiding things ant yet I feel like I need to know more about you.”

“Well you can ask me anything and I will answer.” I said and to be honest that’s how I feel, I don’t have anything to hide.

“Don’t do that!” He said.

“Do what?” I asked confused.

“Don’t say that I can ask you anything because if you are so open is not fun at all.” He said and laughed. “Okay, I will ask you something.” He said and after few seconds he spoke again. “Are you cold?”

“Not really it is really warm here, in your arms, under the blanket.”

“Is it?” He asked and smirked. “Then I will leave for now.” He said and went in cabin.

“What the…Ya, why are you doing this?!” I shouted at him while he was going inside.

“I needed you to be cold, that’s the reason I left.” He said while he was coming back with something in his hands.

“What are those?”

He lifted his right hand “Hot Tea,” and he gave me to drink some and then he drank too, after few seconds he lifted his right hand, “and this, Marry Christmas!” He said and handed me something that looked like a Christmas present.

“Are you kidding me? But how? When did you buy this? Oh my God!” I looked at the gift and couldn’t believe. “I don’t have a Christmas present for you.” I said with my apologetic look.

“I will forgive you just this time.” He said and laughed. ”I’m kidding, I thought about the fact you are alone on Christmas, I wanted to make a happy day for you, cause in Korea is not much about it but I know in Europe Christmas is really a big thing and it’s all about family and… uhm… yeah, that’s why …”

I just jumped in his arms and hugged him really tight. “Thank you! You are full of surprises aren’t you?” I said and he smirked, his eyes were falling closed as he leaned in and caught my lips with his, while I clumsily stood to make it easier for him to kiss me, and for his pleasantly big hands to go from cupping my face to snaking around my waist. His mouth tasted sweet and tangy like the tea. His lips broke away from mine and he pulled away, he looked at me and smiled.

“Come on, open it, I want to know if you like it.” He said.