Twelve

Is this even possible?

“!! ! ! !” 

“Merry Christmas too you too Ma Ri!” Amy said half sleeping-half talking.

“! Sarah, wake up! Sarah! Sarah! Wake up already!”

“What are you? Why don’t you let me sleep we still have time! The alarm didn’t ring yet!”

“LOL that’s strange I could swear that I saw on your phone that it’s 3:00 p.m.” I said super confused

“Just check your phone and shut up I want to sleep…”I heard Amy said with her sleepy voice.

“Dude my battery is dead! ! ! we are really late Sarah wake up my alarm didn’t rig cause I forgot to charge my phone!! Is dead! Shiiit we are ed!” I’m really panicking here and Sarah is so calm and lazy is she not going to wake up and going to get ready for the practice WTF is wrong with her?

“Just chill dude I’m coming!” I heard Sarah said. When I heard that I really relaxed.

“Okay then I’m going to get ready you better do same!” I said and went to the bathroom.

“Okay, okay!”

When I finished my morning routine I went back in my room to pick my outfit and I couldn’t believe my eyes what I saw. It was Amy and Sarah sleeping in my bed. What is that bead in this? Well Sarah should be almost ready for our practice we are really late and we will have a lot of trouble because of that. This is serious we have a show tonight and she is an instructor there she is paid for it and I will get paid for the show. We are so dead. Anyway I’m going I will not be waiting for her anymore.

“Sarah I’m going at the dance studio!” I said while I put on some black leggings, black basic T-shirt, my favorite Vans hoodie and a simple black snapback. Today I’m all black because is my funeral. I will be so dead when I will have to face everybody and tell them that I was late cause I was partying all night maybe I will not them what happened. Okay I will tell them just about the phone and about the charger. “Get your together and move your to the bathroom, get ready and come at the studio when are you ready!” I continued shouting at her. I was pissed off.

“Oh sorry I felt asleep, I really wanted to get ready, stop shouting at me!”

“I’m leaving! Do whatever you want, see you at practice or not!” I said and slammed the door.

The traffic wasn’t that bad so the things didn’t get worst. It was pretty complicated already. So here I am in front of the door. I am going back and forth being so undecided about how I will explain myself. I’m making my speech over and over in my head. I’m really trying to get a good one but nothing is coming to my mind. I’m hopeless and shameless.

“Are you going to go in or what? You are really late already! Why the hell are you wasting your time!”

“Wtf?! Kai for how long have you been here?”

“Not too long but I can tell that you are here from a while ago.”

“Yeah well I’m late and I don’t know what to say. I can’t even show my face now.” I said ashamed by myself.

“If it makes you feel better I’m late too so let’s go together inside.” He said and I think he is trying to calm me down…but it doesn’t work, anyway I appreciate his intention.”Ah right!” He continued.”Where is Sarah?”

“She is home. She was sleeping.”

“Is she ill or something?”

“Nope she just slept too much and now she will come later I guess.” I said with my I’m-so-not-going-to-care-this-time-about-what-happens-to-her tone.”I mean I tried to wake her up but she just slept. But why are you asking about her? Aren’t you mad at her or something?”

“I am really mad at her I thought that we have something I mean we are always texting each other and she called me when she was drunk and told me to come and we danced and we stayed all night together and then he went with that guy in the bedroom. I’m so pissed off but that doesn’t mean that I don’t care about her.” He said and he made a puppy sad face that broke my heart.

“Let’s go we are already late and about last night I’m not going to say anything to you sorry she is my best friend you should speak with her about it that’s the best thing you can do.” And that been said we went inside. “Let the games begin” I said to myself.

“Oh look who is here.” May Jee Lee interrupted the practice when she saw us.

“We are ed!” I said to Kai.

He smiled at me and took a step forward.”We are sorry but we stayed with Sarah she is ill and we had to take care of her.” I looked at Kai and I couldn’t believe what I heard. Why is he lying? Sarah will come later, but is kind of cute cause he is defending me, and Sarah in the same time and nobody will ask questions about her. It’s a win, win, win situation here.

“You should call at least.” She said. I can’t believe that she believed that who does that. Is that easy to lie in Korea or she is just naïve or maybe they have too much trust in each other. Anyway that’s odd.

“Ma Ri what the hell are you think about?!” I heard Kai.

“Oh  sorry!” I said and went to do my warm up.

The training the choreography wasn’t that difficult and everything was going good and at some point Sarah came in. But everything changed. The mood changed, at least Kais mood changed he became distant and cold. He was like another person. I was surprised to see him like this he is really hurt I guess.

“Hey Ma Ri what’s up?” She said and gave me a hug. I can tell that someone slept well and is ready for action with 3 hours late at our training but who is counting right?

“Nothing ah just tell everyone that you were ill and that’s the reason you are late anyway you came earlier than I thought.”

“Okay you are the best and yeah JB gave me a drive.” She said and went to do her warm up.

”But Kai…”And I felt a hand on my mouth. I looked at the person and I saw Kai.  When he let me go I asked. ”What the…Kai?! Why are you like this?”

“Just don’t tell her that I helped okay?”

“Umm…Okay but why?” I asked with my dude-what-is-your-problem tone.

“I just don’t want her to know.”

“Okay.”

“Ma Ri! Kai! What are you doing?! Speak less and train more!” I hear May Jee Lee said.

“Sorry!” We said ant turned back to practice. I can tell May Jee Lee trained us like hell it was like a training camp or something I’m just glad we finished and we are alive.

From the practice we had to go straight to the event because me, Kai and Sarah had to train some extra hours and extra hard. We didn’t had time to think about the hangover or eat. Anyway now we are here at the big event, this thing is huge we have to do rehearsals on the stage with the artists I think it was BTS or something I don’t know all of them yet but I will learn in time I suppose. They were great dancers and great singers. I liked working with them. I think the concert will be really fun. The stage was a lot bigger than the studio, it was good to feel the stage it was all so new for me. Another difference from the class it was that here are no mirrors!! We rehearsed twice. When doors opened to the public, we all headed upstairs to the dressing room. It got pretty chaotic with all the different groups up there performing to different parts of the show. There was a section backstage where a couple groups could stand and wait their turn and a bit of room outside the dressing rooms to go over a few last minute routines. Once we arrived backstage I had a wonderful surprise, Amy was here waiting for us with JB, BamBam, Mark, Yugyeom and Youngjae.

“Hey guys! What are you do you doing here?” Well we have to take you to dinner tonight and Amy come with this brilliant idea to come and see you guys and then to celebrate your debut as dancers in Korea.” BamBam said super excited about the whole thing.

“Woooww if you are saying it like this is a big deal.” Sarah said.

“BamBam I didn’t think that you could ever think about something like that” I said really surprised.

“I’m not fooling around all the time.” He said and winked while he was looking at Amy.

“Okay we have to go and do our makeup and change, see you around.” Sarah said and we went thru the dressing room.

“If you need any help just call us.” Amy said.

“Okay! Thanks!” Sarah said and waved at them.

“It’s time to go on the stage!!! Get ready everybody! It’s show time!” One of the staff members shouted. We all went thru the stage, everyone seemed to be relaxed, but not me. I had mixed feelings about this. I was really nervous and excited and I was nostalgic at the same time. This whole thing remind me about old days when I was a Ballroom dancer and about the championships and emotions I felt back then. This remind  me about  how  much I love to do this, how much I love to dance and go to the dance floor and see the audience cheering for me. The thing that is surprising me is the fact that I can remember everything I felt when I was in a Ballroom competition and the feeling is completely different now. I am more hipped up about it and I am not competitive with my colleges now we are a team and we are doing something special together. It is a nice feeling when your teammate is not your rival because this is not a competition. This is a show and we will do what we love the most and we will have a lot of fun together. This is a really great thing and the best part is that one of my best friend will be by my side on the stage dancing and the other one will cheer for us with our new friends. I can’t wait.”Let’s do this!” I shouted and everybody looked at me with a smirk.

“Hey Ma Ri, I know you are excited but control yourself and don’t over react okay?” Kai said. I think he is trying to make me aware to be more careful with my reactions when are so many people around. He is a good guy I hope that Sarah will make things right with him.

Once we were on the stage the lights turned off and everybody started to scream and I can feel the vibrant anticipation coming from the spectators.

army, concert, and fam image

This feeling is great, is making me nervous as hell but in a good way. The screen from the background and a short introduction video started. When the introduction was done the lights turned off again. The music started and some blue lights and the public started cheering so hard I couldn’t believe myself what I was hearing. It is so beautiful. And that is the moment when we started to perform. While I was performing I saw Amy and Got7 boys in the VIP area cheering for us. I thing that she is the only one who is looking at us and not at BTS, but it was great to see that someone is looking at you and came for you not for the idols. After I find out where Amy was I was often looking in that direction while I was performing.

I’m looking at her now and I see her talking with Jay Park.” What?! Jay Park is here? What the actual ? I stared to panic. “Why is he here?” I started to think about him and last night and I’m not paying attention at my performance anymore. I started to miss some steps. But I’m going to fake it until I make it I really have to get my together and do my best especially at this very moment. Is ing Jay here. I never thought that I will see him so soon. Somehow I managed to get back at the routine and everything went smoothly from there till the end of the show. I’m still surprised by how quickly time goes by when you’re up there on stage. The time just flies by.

“So how it was? Did you like it?” Sarah asked me while we were waiting for others to get ready to leave. We were at that section backstage where the groups could stand and wait their turn but we just waited others to get ready.

“Yeah it was good but at some point I saw Jay Park speaking with Amy and I lost control, my mind went blank and I missed some steps.”  I deeply regret that happened I hope nobody is disappointed in me.

“It’s okay don’t worry I’m sure that the audience didn’t notice and that’s all matters.” Kai said joining our conversation.

“Thanks for the kind word’s Kai that in making me feel better.”

“Umm Sarah can we talk? I think we should talk a bit can you came outside for a minute?”

“Sure but this conversation better will not last too much cause we have to take dinner with JB, BamBam, Mark, Amy and the rest of Got7 boys.” Sarah said and followed him outside.