Two

Is this even possible?

1st day in Seoul

It’s my first day here in Seoul. I can’t believe  I’m already here, I mean I really did it? WTF?!  I am a crazy person for sure.

The moment our plane landed, I become so nervous all of a sudden, my nerves almost kicked  the hell out of me. Saying goodbye to my life in London was so hard, my Mum and Dad insisted to send me off. They were kinda  disappionted of my decision and we probably will be in a “war” for a while because of this, but …hey you can’t please everyone all the time right?. They made me promise to call them every day and tell them everything about my day.

We arrived at the Inchenon airport  at 12. A.m. we looked around and we were so amazed by it. (it was so big, and there were a lot of people, like seriously, there were so much people that you can’t even go out, it was insane,  it was really crowded , later I find out that was because of a kpop group who arrived from Japan at the same hour with us, it was really odd and painful to go out of the airport  among  all those  people.) When we finally arrived at the place we were supposed to meet with 1Milion Studio representative to fetch us we had some time for us to calm dawn a bit. After 5 minutes or so of waiting May J Lee and Kim Jong In came after us I didn’t expected that…It was really great, it was like meeting a celebrity or so. I loved them even before  all the leaving in Korea thing.

“Hi! Are you the new choreographer for 1Million Studious?” the guy asked.

We look at each other for a while cause to our surprise he’s English was good enough.

“Ah…yes…Hello there!” Sarah extended her arm out to him and they shake hands. After that she continued “she is my friend Ma Ri, she is the one I told you on the phone.”

“Oh..I see…hi! I’m Kim Jong In but you can call me Kai and she is May J Lee!”  

 

exo and kai image

beautiful, girl, and 1million dance studio image

They welcomed us and helped with our luggage. We took a cab and went to our place.

On the cab the driver was quiet and it was so nice, I loved the silent moment cause I enjoyed looking on the window.  While he drove us along the highway for 45 mins on the way to the inner city of Seoul, we were lucky to see all the trees and scrubs covered with a new layer of red and golden shades, it was really beautiful. When we were inside the city, most of the placeses were neat and clean.

Once arrived at the hotel I was surprised cause we thought that we will stay at an apartment or so, anyway we got out of the cab and although was 27 November the briskly cool air reminded me about the early autumn in England, it was cold and wet but nice.

The hotel was called Banyan Tree and it seems it is situated right of the Namsan Park in the center of the city, it has 2 buildings blocks for hotel and club rooms. May J Lee told us that we have to stay at the club building with easy access to the ground floor spa. They couldn’t came with us because they have a workshop in Busan tomorow and they will have to go straight in Busan after the welcomeing proces at the airport. So we had to take a cab and when we will arrive we have  to call Kai and he will tell us what to do.  And that's what we did.

After the check in, we went in our apartment. The apartment was massively spacious, luxurious, all the details were perfect (from the, the rain shower, to the individual coffee machine and down to the most minimal details). The place is quite big and the view from the room is quite nice. The bed is king size large and comfortable in both of the bedrooms, but the pillows are too soft for me. Lighting, electricity and so on is controlled by an electric panel near by the bed. We were a bit surprised cause Sarahs room has quite a spacious Jacuzzi - almost size of hot tub in public Sauna in the center of the room. Maybe is the signature layout of this hotel.

The views and the pool itself were definitely a highlight of the apartment. It was big and cozy.

We were so tiered from the trip all we wanted to do is to finish unpacking and go to bed. Both of us went to her room without a word.  I unpacked my things and tried my hardest to finish all of it and to put everything in place. I had a lot of clothes with me I brought all my closet and I will not even bother to say about cosmetics and other stuffs. It was a challenge to finish it, like for real,  5 hours passed, it was already 7 a.m., I finished unpacking and went straight to bed I was feeling tiered as .

A to the B
Dance to the big big beat
Dance to the big big beat with a like
Dance to the big big beat
Dance to the big big beat

Awakened by my phone, I dragged myself out of bed trying to reach for it.

“Hello?!”

“Good morning girls! How was your flight? Did you sleep well?” (I totally have no clue who was at the phone)

“Good morning…well everything is fine I suppose.”

“Oh let me guess, you have no idea with who you are talking to, right?! “

“Well yeah…not really, could you tell me who are you, please?”

“OK I will give you 20 seconds to think about it. Who do you think I am?” (Well that’s not the answer I was searching for, but I will try to guess.)

“You have 5 seconds “(When I heard that voice again I knew it.)

“Kai?! Is that you?”

“Yes, m’am yes is it me. “

“What’s up?”

“Well I have 3 things to discuss with you.”

“Tell me what it is.” I said really curios.

“1- Why Sarah is not answering her phone?

   2- Do you know your program? If not I can help you with that.

   3- I forgot what was the 3rd thing….when I will remember I will tell you about it.”

I heard a small laugh from the other side of the phone and his dumbness made me smile a bit.

“Well Sarah is sleeping and I was sleeping as well, but you waked me up ….thanks for that ( I said while I rolling my eyes) so she probably didn’t heard her phone and 2, No, we don’t know the program yet but you can send us an e-mail with details cause now I really want to get some sleep. I slept 3 hours, so yeah it was nice speaking with you, bye!” I said and turned off the phone.

“That was rude!”

I heard someone said to me, I looked at my bedrooms door it was Sarah in her PJ staring at me.

“You are awake? Why didn’t you answered the phone?”

“I waked up cause I heard you talking. What was that about?”

“It was Kai, he said that will send us an e-mail with our schedule”

“That’s wonderful”

“Wonderful, fantastic!” I said

“So what we will be doing today? Ma Ri what’s in your mind?”

“I just want to get more sleep for now what about you?”

“Well I’m going to unpack my things and after that  I will go to eat something”

“You didn’t unpack at all?”

“Nope I went straight to bed. What's the big deal about it? You know I have this thing with sleeping at the right time”

“Yeah but still. Anyway I finished unpacking at 7 so now I have to sleep, can you wake me up when you finish? We can go to eat together if you want to of course.”

“Sure! That can work, I will wake you up.”

“Thanks! Love you!"

“I know you do, everybody does.”

“LOL Sarah get out I wanna sleep!”

“Okay, okay sleep tight!”

************************************************************************************************************************

 

Awakened by the sun lights, I looked at the phone 1:13 p.m.  hmmm Sarah didn’t finish unpacking for sure I talked to myself and went to the bedroom. I let the cold water wake my sleepy body. I was taking a shower while I heard someone enter my room and a knock at the bathroom door. It was Sarah she told me that Kai called again to tell that he send us the e-mail and we will have o go at the 1Milion studious later. We were not in hurry so I took my time in choosing an outfit I wanted to feel good, so I chose high waist black pants, white cashmere crewneck, black professional pumps heels and an oversized watch. Today I was full Armani. After a quick check  in the mirror I went to Sarah and told her to do my makeup cause she is really good at it she really loves it. Not sure what she loves more to be honest, dancing or makeup.  It was already 3.00 p.m.and Sarah just finished my makeup and hair It was really beautiful done.

“So what should we do now?” I asked

“We were supposed to go to eat but we don’t have enough time.” She said in disappointment.

“Ah really, why?”

“We have to leave now to be on time at dance studio, in e-mail Kai told us to be there at 4 p.m.”

“Okay let’s call a cab then” I said while I took my coat

“Can you call? I have to take my coat too.” Sarah said.

“Sure!”

We didn't eat but at least we arrived in time and we were welcomed by 1Milion secretary, yes they have one, cool I know. She led us in the office there were a lot of choreographs who I know from their YouTube channel. I knew that Kai and May J Lee will not be here (thew were at the workshop and they will be back tomorow) but I felt really strange cause I didn’t know anyone beside Sarah of course.

“Hi! “

“Hi!”

“So you are the new choreographer?”

“Actually no, I will be a “student”, I’m here to take classes here, she will be the choreographer.”

“Hello everyone! We heard the 1Milion secretary speaking. “They are Ma Ri and Sarah they came from London and Sarah is the new choreographer here at 1Milion.” After that she left us with them.

“I’m Bobby” a good looking guy greet us and after him everyone did. I was relieved to see how open about new people they were.

bobby and Ikon image

“So are you ready for the tour?” Bobby asked us.

“Tour?!” I asked

“Yeah this whole building is ours so I’m going to give you a tour, Kai and May J Lee told me to do so.” He said with a smile. (And I died a little bit inside me because of that smile)

“We’re excided …actually…We’re curious about what the whole buildings looks like." Sarah said with her excided tone.

“That’s good! In a few minutes we will start touring and tomorrow  Kai or maybe I will introduce you to your co-workers and to the artists as well.”

“Artists? What artists?"I asked. I knew they were a big deal in Korea but I didn’t know that they work with artists as well.

“Yeah well we have clients like CJ E&M, JYP entertainment, KIA Motors, Samsung, CNN, Smentertainment, YG entertainment and many more!”

“Wow to be honest I don’t know what are they I mean… I know about Samsung and KIA but that’s all.” I said a lil bit awkward.

“They are the best entertainment companies in Korea, You should know at least this little thing.” Sarah told me.

Bobby personally toured us around the building, from the different department offices to the dancing studios. It was awesome! He also told us that we are free to roam around if we feel like. He showed us which studio Sarah will use during her classes. It is big and spacious (LOVE IT!) and I’m so happy can’t wait to learn how to dance. I will start to dance again I’m really happy when I’m thinking about it. I’m really looking forward to it. After the tour Bobby told us that we have free time till tomorrow.

We told him that we would like to wander around the city for a while. He agreed and told us that we can call him anytime if something happens.

“So…Where will go now?” Sarah asked me.

“I’m hungry…let’s go to eat first shall we?”

“What do you feel like eating?” I hear Bobby asked.

“Pizza?” Sarah asked.

“Okay call!”

Bobby drove us back at the hotel and took some pizza from Domino’s on the way. The moment we arrived the first thing we did it was to eat that pizza like it was the last thing we will eat in our life.

After that we really wanted to wander around the city for a while like we told Bobby we will do, but it was already late (it was 10 p.m.) and we were tiered, so we decided to go for a SPA session instead.