Proposal Under The Stars

My Beloved Person

"until when.. you want to keep the hatred..?"

Jun So who stood near the window in his office shook his head, Ha Jin's words kept repeating in his mind. It didn't want to go away, no matter how many times he tried to shake it off his head.

"I don't want to be with you if you still keeping that rage and hatred inside you.."

"I've had enough of that in the past.."

"All I want is for us to be together.."

That was what he wanted as well..
But..
Could he really let this hatred go..?
Those people who hurt both of them in the past..
They lived their life as if they didn't carry the heavy sin they had done..

Jun So let out a heavy sigh and a voice spoke from behind him. "That is the third time you did it"

Jun So quickly turned and jumped slightly when he saw Mr. Park's face was so close to his face.

"Aish! Mr. Park!" Jun So said loudly, clearly what Mr. Park did had surprised Jun So so much to make him reacted that way.

"What makes you jump like that?" Mr. Park asked innocently, he didn't realize the result of his action at all.

"Because you suddenly appeared behind me!" Jun So said in annoyance, "Oh God.. This is bad for my heart.." Jun So muttered while lightly rubbing his chest.

"I have been standing behind you since you let out your first sigh" Mr. Park said casually, didn't feel guilty at all for surprising Jun So.

"Then speak! call me out or something! don't just stand there like- wait.. you should have knocked first!" Jun So retorted.

"Ah right, please wait.." Mr. Park turned around and walked to the door as he disappeared behind it. Soon, a knocking sound was heard and Mr. Park entered the office again.

"There, I have knocked" He said with a grin.

Jun So scoffed in disbelief, he would have never thought that the used to be General of the royal army could be this annoying in this life time. "You.. really.."

"What?"

"Forget it.." Jun So said tiredly as he slumped to his chair. "What brings you here?" he asked with a scowl on his face.

"Nothing" Mr. Park said,

Jun So frowned "Nothing? You surprised the hell out of me without any reason at all?"

"I didn't mean to surprise you, All I did is standing behind you and watch how you so dramatically sighed for three times-"

"You don't have to count it!" Cut Jun So

"-and I deduce that you have a problem, a heart problem" Mr. Park continued his words, ignoring the fact Jun So cut it halfway. "did you have a fight with Miss Cinderella~?" asked Mr. Park curiously.

"since when you have an interest in my love life?" Jun So frowned even more.

"Since you have a love life of course~" Mr. Park grinned like a old man, "She is quite a beauty ~ not to mention she looks adorable as well~"

Jun So cursed inwardly, this was the reason why he was overly possessive toward Ha Jin.
Even in the past, Many princes fell to her charm and it drove him crazy as hell.
He wanted to lock her in a place where other men couldn't see her. She was His and only His..

"Oi.. did you hear me?" Mr. Park asked again, pulling Jun So back to the present.

"Out.." Jun So said, "I won't give any comment"

"Aigo, don't be like that" Mr. Park said, "I really want to know the woman who can make you sigh dramatically for three times~"

"stop with the counting already!" Jun So said as he stood up from his seat and moved to where Mr. Park sat as he lifted his arm so he stood up on his feet. However, something fell on floor. It was a brochure that Mr. Park was holding in his hand.

Jun So picked it up and saw the content. His eyes widened in surprised when he read the tittle.

'GORYEO ERA HISTORY EXHIBITION'

"This is.." Jun So spoke

"Oh I got it from a friend" Mr. Park said, "He is the one who manages the exhibition"

"Why? Are you interested?"

"Yes, I better go now" Jun So said as he walked to the door and left his office.

"To where?!" Mr. Park shouted but Jun So already disappeared beyond the door.


After driving a while, Jun So arrived at the exhibition. There was only few people inside, maybe because it rather late already and Jun So felt a sense of rush the moment he entered the room where his painting as Gwangjong was hanged on the wall.

He could remember everything as if it all happened yesterday. The night of exorcism rite, The rain calling ritual, The match between princes, The 10th prince birthday, Everything..

He read the writings, saying that Gwangjong was known as a good and wise king. He smiled softly knowing that it was because of Hae Soo that people acknowledged him as good and wise king.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" A voice spoke and soon a man who looked like Ji Mong stood next to Jun So.

"Ah.. yes.." Jun So smiled awkwardly, tried to hide his surprised reaction for meeting the man who looked like the palace astronomer in Goryeo era.

"These paintings.. are good.." Jun So said, "Gwangjong is known as a good and wise king, huh?"

"Yes, he must have a good mother or a good wife by his side" The man said.

"eh?"

The man smiled, "There is a quote saying that 'Behind every good King.. there is always a good woman.. be it a good mother or a good wife'.. So I guess, Gwangjong have a good mother or a good wife by his side.."

"I think instead of a good mother or a good wife.. He had a good woman.." Jun So muttered softly. "..The woman he loves so much.."

The man stared at Jun So for a while before smiling softly, "The woman must be lucky to be loved so much by a king.."

Jun So snorted softly, "..Rather than feeling lucky.. She just wants to be free.. The King must be wondering.. how can he make her stay, how can he make her to look at only him not others.. He wants her so bad that he want to lock her up so no men can see her.. "

"I think that's why she wants to be free" The man said casually.

"Huh?" Jun So turned his head to look at the man.

Giving a gentle smile to Jun So, the man started explaining. "Loving someone is not the same like owning.." said the man "It needs trust from both sides.. She wants to be free because she feels not like a person but a pet or a doll to be kept.."

"When you love someone, you have to give the person a personal space, it shows that you respect her as a human.. not a thing.."

"Then how about hatred?" Jun So asked.

"Excuse me?" The man looked confused.

"The King has hatred for the people who tries to break him and the woman apart, The woman is so forgiving that he can't stand it.. Those people should be punished for their sins right?"

"If the king punishes them.. will he feel better..?" asked the man in return.

"..well.."

"I will bet my life that The King won't feel better.. It destroys his humanity instead.." The man said. "..And I feel bad for the woman as well.."

"The woman? Why? He tries to protect her!" defended Jun So

"Rage and hatred not only destroy you but the people around you" the man replied "The King's rage and hatred.. destroy his humanity and the woman's heart is breaking because it pains her to see the man she loves destroyed himself.."

"What good it would do to anyone..?" The man asked

Jun So was stunned as a realization came to him. It as if he was sprayed by cold water. The man smiled and continued

"There is nothing you can get from drowning yourself in the rage and hatred of the past" The man said as he lifted his hand and pointed one finger to the sky. "Look toward the future instead ~"

Jun So chuckled softly, "Indeed.." He agreed as he smiled to the man "Thank You, Mr.."

"Ji Mong" The man said, "Choi Ji Mong, Pleasure to meet you" he offered his hand.

Jun So let out a soft laughter as he shook Ji Mong's hand. "Jun So, Tae Jun So.. Pleasure to meet you as well, Mr Choi"

Now that he knew the answer, he wouldn't hesitate to go to where Ha Jin was anymore. She was right, It's time for them to be together. No need to look at the past anymore.

"Ah it's late already" Jun So said as he looked at his watch, "I have to go"

"Well see you later" Ji Mong said.

Jun So quickly left the building, didn't realize the smile Ji Mong had on his face as he stared at Jun So's back.


The sky was dark already and Ha Jin just stood at the park, near the lake where she got drowned. This place was the beginning of her journey to the past, it held a special memory in her heart.

The past few days, Ha Jin didn't get any news from Jun So. Probably because of the fight they had at the hospital and Ha Jin started losing hope once again. This helplessness she felt just like she felt back then and she didn't like it at all.

A heavy sigh came out of her lips as she looked up to the sky, stars could be seen above. It wasn't as much as that time in Goryeo.

"That square thing over there.." A voice could be heard from behind her.

Ha Jin froze and for a short moment, she stopped breathing.

"is called pegasus right?" said the person who was none other than Jun So

Soon, two arms wrapped her body from behind as Jun So hugged her tight. "..I missed you.." he said.

Ha Jin started breathing again. Jun So smiled softly, "..Please forgive me.."

"You.. Terrible Jerk.." Ha Jin said as tears rolled down her face.

"I know.." Jun So replied, his soft smile turned to a sad one.

"Horrible man.." Ha Jin continued, a sob escaped her lips.

"I know.." Jun So kept replying

"I hate you so much.." She said between her cries.

There was no reply coming from Jun So, Instead.. He let his arms go and turned Ha Jin around to face him. His eyes gently stared at Ha Jin

"Do you really hate me so much?" asked Jun So

Ha Jin shook her head, "If only I can.. But I can't.."

Jun So wiped her tears, "..I am sorry.. you are right.. about everything.." He said, "The past is the past.. It's the future I should think about..."

"And I want that future with you.." He said in a soft loving tone.

"Marry me, Ha Jin.. Stay by my side.."

Ha Jin smiled as more tears rolled down her face. "Yes.." She answered in husky tone while nodding. Ha Jin knew she could never forget this proposal for the rest of her life. The sweetest proposal with only stars as their witness...

Hearing her answer, A happy smile appeared on Jun So's face as he leaned closer and gave her the most loving and tender kiss he could ever give.

This time for sure.. He won't ever let her go..
This time for sure.. He will be happy with her..

This Time For Sure... They Will Have A Future Together...

~ TO BE CONTINUED ~


Author's note :

Well ~ Finally we reach the end of the story ~ XD

wait..! Don't throw knifes at me! it's a joke! QAQ

Ahem! The last chapter's title is 'The Wedding and The After Ending ~'

Nyahahahaha ~ Curious ~?

Well stay tune dear friends ~ ! (^o^)/ ~~

Thank you for loving my story and I will try my best to prepare the best ending for all of you~ :D

PS : For the sweet proposal under the stars, I use 'Lee Hi - My Love' as BGM ~ (^o^)v