Be mine

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C.09

 

“Hey Chaerin let me ask you one thing.”

“What’s that?”

“How do you know my sister?”

Chaerin paused, she didn’t really have answer. Whatever answer she has will only lead to another question and as much as she wants him to find out about their past, she couldn’t put him in such risk.

“Me and Dami unnie… we…”

Suddenly a taxi stop near her, it surely saves her.

A girl jump off the taxi, Dami came.

“Nuna?” Jiyong surprised.

“Oh Jiyong? Chaerin? What a coincidence.” She waved at them.

Chaerin bowed.

“What are you guys doing here?” Dami asked.

“I just bought a bicycle, Chaerin helped me choosing.”

“Great!” Dami winked at Chaerin.

“What are you doing here in such hour Nuna?” Jiyongasked.

“Oh, I’m going to meet my friends in that bar.” She pointed at a bar.

“Speaking of friends…” Jiyong turned to Chaerin, “You haven’t answer my question.”

Chaerin gulped.

“What question??” Dami curious.

“W-well, he asked me how we know each other.” Chaerin immediately told Dami, hoping she will help her.

“Oh, that…” Dami replied.

Chaerin gave her the look.

“We just happen to know each other through Chaerin’s boyfriend.” Dami shrugged.

Chaerin dropped her jaw.

“Oh.” Jiyong shortly nodded.

Chaerin couldn’t believe Dami is gonna say that, she feels like any effort she made will disappear into ashes.

“I should go, my friends are waiting.” Dami left Jiyong and the speechless Chaerin.

“Through your boyfriend… hmm… okay.” He mumbled.

Chaerin have no idea where’s her voice going, she couldn’t even find any words.

“So, your boyfriend is Dami nuna’s friend?” he asked.

Chaerin walked toward the taxi, “we’ll talk again later, okay? I’ll get going before its getting harder to find taxi. Bye!”

 

+

 

“He’s jealous, you fool!” Dara scold Chaerin when she told Dara and Bom about what happened yesterday.

“Jealous?” Chaerin asked while sipping her coffee, they are at the usual coffee shop not far from the campus.

“Yes, obviously! The way he’s curious about your boyfriend—who happened to be himself back then—proved that he’s jealous!” Dara continued.

“I agree!” Bom added.

“Unless, Chaerin-ssi exaggerate the story.” Suddenly someone joined them.

“What the heck he’s doing here?” Dara scoffed.

“What? Is this place yours?” Youngbae sat beside Bom.

“Why you always came here? You’re not even student in our campus.” Dara rolled her eyes.

“So?? only student of that campus is allow to come here? Oh I wonder how desperate is the owner during holiday season, since there won’t be any student…” Youngbae replied.

“Why you concern about the café owner’s feeling? Are you the owner?" Dara mock him.

“Yes, I am.” He shortly answer.

“What??”

“What??” Youngbae asked back.

“Really?” Bom awed.

Youngbae nodded.

“Show off.” Dara rolled her eyes.

“Yah! Let’s not care about this furious rabbit.” Youngbae looking at Dara.

“Ra—what?? Rabbit? Ya!!”

Youngbae turned to Chaerin, “You sure Jiyong said that?”

“Yes! I didn’t exaggerating anything.” Chaerin said.

“Hmm… then this is my part, he usually told me about girl he’s interested to, I’ll go interrogate him.” He took his cellphone.

Youngbae pressed Jiyong’s number, put it on speaker phone and waiting for him to pick up.

“Jiyongie…” he greets him. “Where are you?”

“I’m at the library, Bae, what’s up?”

“Sorry for not able to go with you to yesterday to buy bicycle.”

“Oh, that’s okay I went with a friend.” Jiyong said.

“A friend? Who?”

The other are listening carefully.

“Actually she’s Dami nuna’s friend.” Jiyong said.

“She? So, it’s a girl…”

“Yeah, apparently so.” Jiyong replied.

“Dami nuna’s friend, is she older?”

“No, she’s younger than me.”

“Why I never heard about her from you? Are you hiding something from me?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong laughing, “Are you jealous? What are you? My mom or my wife?”

“Yaa… Jiyong-ah, you usually tell me everything, but this time you’re going out with a girl and I idn’t know?”

“Because she’s just a friend I asked for help because she said she knew a lot about bike.”

“Then?”

“Turns out she’s on it. Hahaha…” Jiyong laughs.

All of them looking at Chaerin who’s now sulking.

Youngbae awkwardly laughing, “Is that so… ha..ha…”

“But she’s interesting, I don’t know why but she’s kind of cute.” Jiyong suddenly said.

Now the brightness come back into Chaerin’s face.

“Cute?” Youngbae asked.

“Yeah, I can’t really explain but everytime I see this girl, she reminds me of something I couldn’t remember.”

“Tell me more about it.” Youngbe afired up but Chaerin slowly shakes her head.

“You can turn off the speaker.” Chaerin whispers.

Youngbae confuse.

“Bae, I’ll talk to you later, my group mate is coming.”

Youngbae hung up the phonecall.

“Aren’t you curious? He seems interested in you.” He said.

“I know, I’m happy with it, but I want to know he’s feeling to me from him, not from eaves dropping your conversation with him.” Chaerin smiled.

 

+

 

Several days later, Chaerin get into the bus, today she didn’t bring her car because her boss, Teddy, said Coex mall has their anniversary celebration today and there will be a big event at the park behind the mall, people might gather there to see fireworks and performance, so it will be impossible to look for a parking spot.

Suddenly someone tapped her back. She turns and saw Jiyong.

“Hey.” She said.

“You don’t bring your car?” he asked.

“No, there will be a feast for Coex anniversary, I won’t get any parking lot.”

“Ah! The even where there will be fireworks?”

“Yes, you knew?”

“My house is not far from there, I heard about the event yesterday.”

“Uh… wanna see the fireworks together tonight?” she asked.

Jiyong paused, “hmm… what time I should go there?”

“It’ll starts at 7 I guess.”

“Ok.” He said.

 

+

 

There’s a lot of people at the park, because the wanted to see so many performances from many idol groups and other entertainments.

Chaerin met Jiyong at the entrance of the park, he looks casual but in Chaerin’s eyes, he always looks perfect.

“Do you know many Korean’s idol group?” Chaerin asked Jiyong.

“Not many…” he replied, “I never really lived in Seoul, so I just knew the big ones like Big Bang, 2ne1, Exo...”

“Oh…” she nodded, “2ne1 is disbanded.”

“What? Whoa… they’re g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter