confrontation

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C.11

 

 

“Ex boyfriend who gave her necklace…?” Dara mumbled.

She and Youngbae exchange gaze.

“You knew him, right?” Jiyong asked.

“Y-yes, but why should I tell you about him?”

“Jiyong, what’s happening?” Youngbae asked.

“I just wanna know who’s this guy and why they broke up.”

“Why is it so important to you?” Youngbae asked again.

“Because…” he paused, “Chaerin seems to not able to forget him.”

Dara and Youngbae getting more nervous.

“But…” Dara speaks, “She’s with you now… I’m sure you’re the one who fills her mind now…”

Jiyong sighed, “No, Dara-ssi… its true that she’s the one who approach me first til we finally together, but… I feel like she’s not fully mine, she got her gaze empty sometimes and more I think about it, more I’m sure that she was so in rush to be with me just to forget him… in other words, I’m a rebound boy.”

“Oh my God, You can’t say that about my friend!” Dara raised her voice, “She’s not that typical girl! You have no idea what you’re talking about! She’s so faithful!” the fact that Dara was there when Chaerin patiently waiting for Jiyong made her understand how loyal she was and hearing Jiyong talking like this about Chaerin get Dara to her nerves.

“That’s how I feel, Dara-ssi, I’m sorry for talking this way, but I just speaking my mind… and I’m being like this because I like her… maybe more than like… maybe…”

“You’re insecure, Ji.” Youngbae said.

“I am, that’s because I care. I can’t ignore the fact she probably still thinking about her ex… it hurts my heart.”

“She’s not, she’s only have you in her mind, Jiyong-ssi, that’s all I can say.” Dara collects her belongings, “I have to go.”

 

+

 

Even after talking to Dara, Jiyong still feel something burdening his heart, he still feel like Chaerin got some unfinished business with her ex.

“I probably overthinking about it, but… my feeling says that I’m right.” He mumbles while walking towards the bus station.

“Oppa…” he knew its Chaerin who called him.

He keeps walking.

“Oppaaa…” she tapped his back, she obviously running to catch him.

“oh hey…”

“Where’s your phone?” she asked.

“Phone? Oh.” He took his cellphone from his pocket and saw some messages and missed calls.

“I called you and texts you…” she said.

“I’m sorry, I put it on silent mode.”

“Oppa, where are you going after this?”

“Hmm… I have some research to do, what about you?”

“Nothing, you want me to accompany you?” she asked.

“I uh... this is a group project so I will be with my group, so…”

“Oh okay, its okay, I’ll go see Bommie at her part time place.”

“I’ll call you later, Chae.”

“No worries, oppa, good luck for the research.” She smiles then left Jiyong in guilt.

He wants to be with her, he wants to hear her laughing more but everytime he saw her, he just feel that sting in his chest over and over again.

 

+

 

Its been more than two weeks Jiyong being like that, trying to lessen the frequency to be with Chaerin, and even he still call her and still texting her, Chaerin couldn’t ignore the fact that she knew Jiyong changed. Last time he disappear was when Chaerin finds out he’s gonna get that surgery.

The trauma is still there.

She knew he’s fine right now, moreover she could always asked Dami or Youngbae about him, but she knew Jiyong avoiding her for someother reason.

Jiyong is disappointed about something.

 

Chaerin look at his phone, she didn’t bring her car today and she’s planning to take bus with Jiyong, but Jiyong got another group meeting so he can’t go see her again today. So she walked down the street near her campus to get bus. She walks passes the dessert shop.

“Strawberry cake sound like a good cure for my sad heart right now…” she murmured.

Shortly after, she found herself pushing the glass door of the dessert shop. Chaerin lightly walked towards the cake display counter when she saw Jiyong. Sitting alone in the corner with his laptop on.

He was backs on Chaerin so he didn’t see her.

Chaerin took her cellphone and call him.

She saw him took his phone but then put it down again on the table.

“What the heck….” The she text him.

 

Chaerin

Opp, where are you?”

 

Jiyong

I told you I’m in a group meeting, can’t take phonecall. I’ll cal you back later, okay?

 

Chaerin tapped his back, Jiyong’s face pale like he just seeing ghost.

“Why must lying?” she asked.

“Are you following me?” 

She shook her head, “Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter