remember me

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C.05

 

“Ji…” Dami sighed, “tell her the complete truth.”

Jiyong gone immobile.

“T-that’s not all?” Chaerin asked.

Everyone is busy looking at each other.

“Oppa…? That’s n-not all?”

“If you can’t tell her, I will!”

Dami grab her hand and drag her away. Chaerin could feel her heart beating so fast.

“Nuna!!” Jiyong is about to raise when his father hold him back.

“Your sister might able to explain that better.” Mr. Kwon said.

 

“U-unnie…” her wrist might sore from Dami’s tight grip.

Dami release her grip when they arrived at the house backyard. Chaerin more surprise when she saw Dami’s eyes is full of tears.

“I really hate my family for this!” Dami said.

“Unnie, what happened? You okay??”

“I hate them for agreeing when Jiyong told us he’s in love with a girl and want to date her. I was the only one who oppose this because I know you’re gonna hurt in the end.”

Chaerin feels the tense in her heart, “b-but he said he’s not gonna… die…”

“Chae… for your own good… please forget about my brother.”

 

Chaerin couldn’t really say anything, she’s so confuse and surprise at the same time. “But he said…”

“I know, I know that the surgery will have big chance of success, but that’s not it.”

“What can be worse than that?”

“He.. he will…” she took a deep breath. “He’ll loss some memories during the treatment.” She said.

“W-what?”

“It’s the side-effect of a long term usage of anesthesia and the heart-lung machine. The treatment with all tools later will lowering oxygen levels to the heart and brain, especially during surgery. The cardiologist also said he’ll suffer memory loss. It already happened sometimes, he often forget people’s name and many other things.”

Chaerin stunned, she remembers Jiyong asked her about her birthday again and seems to really forget he had ask her about it before. She also remember he wrote down many things on her cellphone notes.

“He’ll forget everything…?”

Dami took a deep breath, “that’s the matter, Chae… the doctor said he’ll most likely forget about the newest memory, the one which hasn’t stay too long in his brain.”

Chaerin knew this is a very bad news for her. She’s very new to his life.

“Chae… I am so sorry… I’ve been confronting him from dating you before, because I know this would happen… but he’s just too into you, he can’t help himself for spending time with you…”

All the memories of them spending time together is now replaying in her head.

“He won’t remember who I am?”

Dami slowly shook his head.

“At all…?” Chaerin murmured.

“There’s no assurance about that… he might loss just a bit of his memories, or lots of it…”

Chaerin gulp, trying to swallow her sadness away.

“B-but later you can help me make him remember about me, right? Can you do that for me, unnie??”

Dami paused, “I thought about that too… I’ll try Chae… I promise you I’ll try.”

Chaerin soundlessly crying, just tears flowing down.

Dami hugs her, she could feel Chaerin’s body trembling, “I’m so sorry… please forgive my family and Jiyong too…”

She releases herself from Dami and wipe off her tears.

“Its nobody’s fault…” Chaerin said.

“Chaerin…”

“It’s not his fault, unni, I’m happy when he’s around too…”

Dami can’t help but crying to see how strong Chaerin is.

“I’ll be okay, right?”

Dami didn’t say anything.

“Right…?”

She knew Chaerin tried to convince herself, so she nodded, “You’ll be fine…”

 

Jiyong is still sitting on where he was with his parents when Chaerin walked back to the house. His heart crushed to see Chaerin full of tears but she wipe it everytime it falls.

“Babe…” Jiyong rose.

Chaerin took a deep breath and smiles, “hey.”

Jiyong heart broke even more to see her smiling to hide the sadness.

“Baby…”

“So… you’ll suffer a memory loss after the surgery?” she asked.

Jiyong didn’t answer.

Chaerin walks toward him and took his hands, Jiyong could feel her hands cold and trembling, “At least now I know why are you so perfect…” she said.

“Chae, no, I’m not doing that because I know our time is limited, no… I want to remember you, I wrote down everything about you, I will remember you.”

“Ssshh…” she touched his cheek, “I believe in you… you’ll remember me, I’m sure of it, oppa…”

The Chaerin turned to Jiyong’s parents.

“Mr and Mrs Kwon, can I ask you a favor?” she asked.

“Anything, Chae…” Mrs. Kwon said.

“Can I stay here tonight?”

“Sure…” she replied.

 

+

 

Jiyong lying on his bed with Chaerin on his arm, she’s busy reading all his notes about her on his phone.

“So you think my face is like a cat?” she asked.

“Hmm…” he replied while caressing he hair.

“You think my height is 158? Oppa… I’m 165cm.” she pouted.

“Really?”

“I should change this, you should wrote my virtues specifically so you won’t mistake me with other woman, you know.”

Jiyong chuckles, “I won’t, even if I really forget about you, I’ll know right away when I see you again… just like before, I’ll be in love with you again at the first sight.”

Chaerin rolled and face him, “You think so…?”

He nodded and pull her chin closer, “Yes, because I love you.”

He kissed her and she return it right away.

They’re parted and Chaerin slips herself between his arms, buried her face in his chest. Jiyong knew she’s crying.

He can’t help but cying too, “Chae, I’m sorry… I shouldn’t put you through this… I should’ve just watch you from a far. I was so selfish… now I understand why Dami and Youngbae, said that I’m a selfish and stubborn person… I was sick for a long time, and when I see you, I just want to be happy by being around you… never thought that I’ll put you in sorrow. Babe, I’m so sorry…”

“Oppa… I’m fine…”

“I didn’t know that seeing you hurt is hurting me too…”

“Oppa… I’m not hurt… whatever happens next… I’m just gratefull that you gave me the best days of my life.”

“Chae…”

“Seriously, oppa, since I met you… I had the best day of my life.”

Jiyong hold her tight, “promise me to continue having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter