Lunch and Jealousy

My Heaven

“What's the plan from here? It's still pretty early,” Inola questioned as she got into the car.

“Ah, that, Little Fox, is a surprise,” Tabi answered and started the car. Inola puffed out her cheeks in a pout. Tabi chuckled at her before driving away from the overlook.

The drive to their next destination wasn't very long and when Inola checked the time it was only about 10:30 in the morning. They had pulled up in front of a large building. It was modern architecture and had large banners advertising different exhibits. One of the banners said 'Curated by T.O.P' so Inola could only guess that this was an art museum.

“I thought your exhibit ended after the auction?” Inola asked as Tabi came to open her door.

“You really do keep up with us don't you?” Tabi laughed before smiling widely at her and wrapping her arm around his leading her into the museum. “We reopened it because I'm doing a new collaboration now. GD mentioned you might like it and I was really hoping you would.”

Inola smiled and walked with Tabi. Her eyes went wide when they came to his exhibits. They may not have been Inola's style but they were definitely amazing. All sorts of different art with all sorts of colors and concepts greeted her. Though one caught her eye from across the hall. It was an intricate set of different colored dots with black square outlines. It seemed as though there was a lot of time and patience put into it. Inola could appreciate the intricacy and skill that went into it but what really did make her jaw drop at it was really and truly the level of patience. Inola could practically see the hours spent in front of the canvas covering the canvas with those dots and setting them ever so particularly and outlining them with care. Inola would have lost her mind but she could almost feel the relief that the artist must have felt with the seemingly tedious actions, how the repetitiveness would help to recover from the fast paced and unknown aspects of the world that life offered. It captured her entirely.

“That's by Kim Whanki. It's interesting isn't it?” Tabi said from her side, startling Inola from her thoughts. “I loved the way he seemed to reflect a sort of relief from the tedious nature of his art. It's like he sought refuge from the unknown in the world.”

Inola turned to face Tabi with a shocked look on her face. How had he drawn the same conclusions that she had from this painting? Wasn't he much more knowledgeable than her? She couldn't imagine that she had the same thought process that he did, after all he was a connoisseur when it came to art and she was just barely interested.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” Tabi immediately began running his hands over his face with wide eyes. It was a very funny sight to be perfectly honest and Inola couldn't help but laugh. She brought a hand to cover and tried to hold back her laughter.

“Aniyo. You're perfect. I just didn't think we'd think the same thing about a piece of art,” Inola turned to face the art again with a light blush on her cheeks and a bright smile on her face. Tabi simply brought his arms back down to his sides and grinned.

“Have you still not realized we're the only ones here? You don't need to keep your voice down,” Inola's eyes widened and she whipped her head back and forth looking to see if what Tabi had just said was true. He laughed loudly and it resounded through the halls of the museum. Inola had really just looked like a little fox the way she was checking her surroundings so suspiciously. “Come on, I have a surprise for you.”

“Another one? Jinja? I just got the surprise of coming to this museum that you say we're the only ones in and now you have another one? I hate surprises,” Inola pouted a bit and crossed her arms making Tabi chuckle a bit more.

“This is the last one I swear. And you really hate surprises?” Inola sighed and shook her head.

“It's not that I really hate them I guess. I'm just much more interested in being the one surprising someone. For most of my life the surprises others have planned for me have ended up going disastrously wrong,” Tabi stopped walked and turned to look at her with a question mark clearly etched on his perfect face.

“What do you mean by that?” Inola stopped walking and tilted her head towards the opposite direction of him, never actually turning towards him.

“When I was eighteen my parents had planned a surprise birthday party for me. They had everything set up and then when it came time to lure me to the party we got the call that my E-li-si had collapsed and been taken to the hospital. She ended up having to live in the hospital for the next four years before she passed. My ex had decided to try to surprise me for our one year anniversary but instead of us ending up having a romantic evening he had accidentally told his other girlfriend to meet him at the restaurant so that was how I found out he was cheating on me for four months. My E-lo-gi had tried to surprise me with a simple home made dinner to celebrate my college graduation when she fell down the stairs breaking her hip. Basically, surprises mean that I should be prepared for something bad to happen to me or the people I care about,” Inola turned to Tabi with a small sad smile on her face.

“I won't let that happen this time, I promise,” Tabi returned her small smile and placed his hand on the small of her back, pressing her to move forward. Inola followed his lead and soon found herself in a hall not that far from the one they had been in. It was completely dark and Inola couldn't even see Tabi beside her. There were no windows or doors besides the one they had come through to get there. Inola almost yelped when Tabi let go of her with a quick 'stay here a sec'. Before she knew it the lights were on and when her eyes had once again adjusted to the brightness, they widened. She was standing in a hall devoted to Peter Lik's photography. She couldn't even believe it. When did he set up an exhibit in Korea? It didn't really matter though, all that mattered was that she wanted to take it all in. She looked from picture to picture before her eyes landed on a table in the center of the hall set for two with a beautiful burnt orange table cloth and pristine white china and crystal glassware. It was beautiful.

“I think we might be in the clear of a mishap now. So tell me, was the surprise worth it?” Tabi said with a wide smile on his face. Inola turned to face him and he stopped smiling immediately. Her eyes were wide and there were tears threatening to spill over the edge of her lashes any second and the way her face was scrunched up, he couldn't tell if she was sad or just overjoyed. “Hey, don't cry! I didn't mean to upset you. I just thought you'd like this. GD told me about the picture in your hotel room and I did some research and he happened to be doing a showing here and I thought you'd like to see it. Mianhe! Jinja mianhe!”

“No! Don't apologize! It's perfect! I love it! No one's ever done anything like this for me before. I'm just so happy,” Inola ended her statement covering her face with her hands. She couldn't stop the tears from falling and she didn't want Tabi to see her like this, she hated people seeing her weak.

Tabi froze for a second with his eyes darting around the room, unsure of how to react. Slowly he came to his senses and thought about what to do. Eventually he came to the conclusion that it would be best for him to comfort her. He took the two steps that put him within arms reach and extended his arm to rub a gentle circle on Inola's back.

“I'm glad you like it. I wanted you to have a really good memory of your time here. And a good memory with me. I hope it's not too much,” Tabi said with a small smile as Inola looked up at him with a bright smile on her face a traces of tears on her cheeks. He reached up and gently wiped her cheeks, earning a small blush from Inola.

“I'll always treasure this. Jinja. Komawo Tabi Oppa,” Shortly after the small exchange the two sat down and had their lunch. It was a simple affair with some delicious food and some awesome wine. Afterwards Tabi called for a driver and when the driver arrived they went back to Inola's hotel and bid their farewells. This was definitely a day that Inola would never forget.


*********************************************************************************************************************

Tabi headed back to YG and quickly made his way to the studio to find all of the guys there. They seemed to be talking about a new song or something but as soon as Tabi came in all conversation stopped.

“Hyung! How was your date?” Daesung said with his bright eye smile.

“It wasn't a date Daesungie,” Tabi said plopping himself rather ungracefully into a computer chair.

“What do you mean? Don't you like her? Pretty sure she likes you too. You don't classify two people who like each other spending time together alone as a date?” Taeyang said giving off a smug smirk.

“I do like her but I can't be with her. She's a fan. I can't do that, I can't. I just don't know what to do now,” Tabi leaned forward with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. He was at his wits end. What was he supposed to do? This was the deepest connection he had felt with a woman in months, maybe even years, but she was a fan and he had always promised himself he wouldn't date a fan because he didn't want to ruin their love of the band if something went wrong. It was almost guaranteed to go wrong too, if his track record was any indication.

“Just tell her how you feel. You never know it might not matter to her that you're a celebrity,” Seungri added in from beside Daesung with a somewhat sour look on his face. Was he jealous?

“Yah! Don't you get it? It's not because I think she'd mind! I don't want her to stop being a fan if something goes wrong! I don't want to do that! The fans mean so much to me,” Tabi groaned into his hands rubbing his eyes trying to ward off the headache that was trying to form.

“Then stop playing with her,” GD's statement was flat but so sharp that Tabi quickly lifted his head to look at him.

“I'm not playing with her! I really do like her I just don't know what to do about it. I haven't felt this way about someone in a long time. Maybe even ever. She's special, she's so smart, and pretty, and she smokes, did you know that? She smokes so my smoking doesn't bother her and she loves wine! I've never met anyone like her! She understood the overlook! I didn't even have to say anything and she understood why I like it there so much. She makes me nervous! I haven't met a yeoja that could do that in years! I never know what to say because I'm afraid of getting tongue tied around her! I don't know what to do,” Tabi groaned yet again before slumping into the chair and resting his head against the back of it.

“Well you only have two options here. You either tell her how you feel and try to start something with her or you stop seeing her and look back on this and remember how great it was,” Daesung said with a serious expression. The room fell silent for a while as Tabi continued to look up at the ceiling completely entranced. He really couldn't figure out what to do. If he just let her go now he would always wonder 'What if?' but if he told her and they got together and something happened and she stopped being a fan it would be his fault. What should he do? Was she really worth the risk of breaking the one promise he had managed to keep since he debuted? Before he could get too caught up in his thoughts though GD cleared his throat and spoke up.

“You have a third option now though. You can wait a bit longer,” GD stood up and left the studio without looking back. He closed the door a little harder than he should have but Tabi didn't really notice it.

“What do you think he meant by that?” Tabi asked looking at the other guys. Taeyang shrugged before getting up and following GD out of the studio. Something wasn't right and he needed to make sure that GD was okay.

“Maybe she wasn't really a fan? Maybe she just entered the contest to come here?” Seungri said with a dumb look on his face.

“She's a fan. She knew that my exhibit at the museum had ended after the auction and was surprised when we went to see it before lunch,” Tabi shook his head.

“Is she taking an audition for something? Maybe she'll be in a movie or something. I heard that a couple dramas were looking for foreigners for some small parts. Maybe that?” Daesung shrugged at Tabi and looked at Seungri who shrugged back.

“I don't know. She didn't really seem like she'd be an actress. I mean I think she's perfect for the screen but she just didn't seem the type. I guess we'll find out soon though, I don't know why GD won't tell us though,” Tabi sighed standing up and stretching. He was starting to feel the exhaustion from the lack of sleep trying to prepare for today catching up to him. He really needed to stop staying out so late when he was planning for early mornings. He sent a wave to the two guys left in the studio before saying he was going home for a nap and heading out of the studio himself.


*********************************************************************************************************************

GD had stormed out of the studio knowing full well that his actions were questionable. He knew that the guys would be confused and that he'd have to think up an excuse for this but he couldn't help it. What right did he have to get jealous now though? Wasn't he the one who had suggested that Tabi take her to the museum? Wasn't he the one who told him about her love of Peter Lik? This was his own damn fault. He should have just taken her himself, he shouldn't have let Tabi in on this one. He had only done it because he felt bad for his hyung. It had been years since Tabi had had a legitimate girlfriend and the last one had definitely been subpar. He really did want to see his hyung happy but he had been sure that after today that they wouldn't have hit it off. Of course Tabi was love struck though and he couldn't see the things that normally turned him off of girls in Inola. She cursed, she was brash and unapologetic at times, she was not extremely ladylike, nor did she like being made to feel any less equal to a man. Her feminism had been one of the biggest draws for GD and all of her 'flaws' made her perfect. She was the woman he had been waiting for his entire life but he had given Tabi the suggestions for their date. What was wrong with him?

“Hey man, what was that back there?” Of course Taeyang had noticed. He wasn't GD's best friend for nothing after all.

“Nothing. I'm just tired from working on the song. It's still not quite right,” GD said shrugging one shoulder to his friend.

“Oh okay. So you like her. I get it. But why did you bother to give hyung that advice? Why not just take her yourself?” GD gave Taeyang a light glare before sighing. Of course he knew, it wasn't like he had tried to hide his obvious interest and now he had just stormed off after listening to Tabi sing praises of the woman he liked. Of course.

“I don't know man. I feel bad for hyung, ya know? He hasn't even been interested in a woman in a long time and now he is. I felt bad not helping. He deserves to be happy,” GD's shoulders slumped as he leaned against the wall.

“You know that you deserve to be happy too though, right? You can't just let everyone else have everything you want. You have to be happy too,” Taeyang leaned against the wall next to GD and put his hands in the pocket of his jeans. “What was that about waiting anyways? Doesn't she leave in a few days?”

“I can't really explain that yet. There's nothing set in stone but I promise I'll tell you first when I'm able to,” GD said as he stood from the wall taking a deep breath. “Come on lets go get some lunch. I'm starving.”

“Me too. Should we let Daesung and Seungri know?” GD just shrugged and Taeyang took out his phone shooting the younger two a quick message before heading to the cafeteria with GD. This was going to be a really difficult situation to overcome but the boys would figure it out eventually.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So..... Yeah I had it set in my mind for quite a few chapters that this was going to end up being a GD fic because of how I was writing T.O.P., this horrible dream I had **shudder**, and a fanfic that I had read that made me feel really bad for him but now I'm not sure anymore lololol... I will definitely have a pairing decided soon though like next couple of chapters though I'm not sure if you'll find out that fast! Lol... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!