Karaoke Bar

My Heaven

Dinner was absolutely hilarious but the karaoke bar after words was ten times better. Inola hadn't even imagined that it would be so fun. They had gone to one that the guys said they visited fairly often when they had time off and the owner definitely seemed to know them, giving them their largest room in the back. They had ordered drinks and even some snack foods and were living it up. All the boys had performed a couple songs before finally telling the girls to go.

“It'd be embarrassing to sing for you guys though! We're not professionals like you!” Inola protested but Angie had already gotten herself up on stage and entered in her song. She chose Work by Rhianna. Inola already knew where this was going and simply face palmed.

Angie sang the first verse and wasn't doing poorly but when the chorus came on she seemed to forget that she was singing and just started twerking. The guys all laughed and Inola buried her head more into her hands. Second hand embarrassment is a thing and she definitely can't deal with it. After a little longer in the chorus Seungri got up and took the mic from Angie and started singing while she continued to twerk. The guys all seemed to enjoy it and when it was finished Angie looked over to see Inola with her face hidden behind her hand.

“Hey Oppa. Why don't you sing Single Ladies? I can guarantee you that I can get Foxy to dance to that one,” Angie whispered and Seungri just nodded furiously. He really wanted to see Inola have a bit more fun. When he went to enter the song Angie went over and grabbed Inola's hand and pulled her to the stage. “Come on Foxy! Let's dance!”

Inola was protesting but Angie wouldn't let her go back to her seat. When Seungri started singing Angie started doing the choreography and Inola just stood there for a minute with apprehension. By the time the chorus played though Inola couldn't help it and started dancing along with Angie while Seungri sang in front of them. The guys stopped laughing and watched the girls dancing. They were pretty damn good to be honest. It also didn't take long for the smile to spread across Inola's face making it that much more enjoyable to watch. When the song ended all of the guys, including Seungri, applauded the girls and apparently that was all the confidence boost that Inola needed as she went over and entered in a song. She could at least have fun with this right? When the first chords rang through the speakers Inola started dancing around like no one was watching, swinging her hair back and forth and just having fun.

In the car, I just can't wait! To pick you up on our very first date! Is it cool if I hold your hand? Is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance? Do you like my stupid hair? Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear? I'm just scared of what you think! You make me nervous so I really can't eat! Let's go! Don't wait! This night's almost over! Honest! Let's make! This night last forever! And ever! And ever! Let's make this last forever!” Inola had always loved this Blink 182 song and it was just so much fun! As she sang she danced around and made eyes and faces at all the boys, except for Chanhyuk since Angie might attack her, just fully playing up the song. It was just fun. When the song ended the guys stood and applauded her and she laughed almost to the point of hysterics.

Angie took the mic next and set up for a song that she knew she was actually good at. When Duffy started playing through the speakers, Inola suppressed a groan. It was a good song but she had heard it way too much when she had worked in retail. She tried to keep herself focused though, knowing that Angie must be really trying to sing if she chose this song.

I love you but I gotta stay true. My moral's got me on my knees. I'm begging please. Stop playing games. I don't know what this is but you got me good. Just like you knew you would. I don't know what you do but you do it well. I'm under your spell. You got me begging you for mercy. Why won't you release me? You got me begging you for mercy. Why won't you release me? I said release me,” Angie was doing amazingly. Her voice was steady and had an almost jazzy gravel to it much like the original version. Needless to say everyone was actually impressed. It was a damn good song. Everyone applauded as she finished and Inola went up one more time to enter a song. She figured if Angie was really going to try then she might as well too.

Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you. Drank too much and that's an issue but I'm okay,” Inola saw Tabi's eyes widen. Guess he hadn't been prepared for her to have a low range. “Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them and I hope I never see them again. I know it breaks your heart! Moving to the city in a broke down car but four years, no calls. Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar and I, I, I, I, I can't stop. No, I, I, I, I, I can't stop.”

It seemed like all of Inola's small audience had stopped what they were doing, just like how they had when Angie sang, but GD, Tabi, and Seungri couldn't take their eyes off of her. Angie was almost giddy with how happy she was seeing Inola actually try. They had always talked about how they had loved singing but Inola had some pretty bad performance anxiety so it was a rare chance to really get to watch her sing with her heart like this.

So, baby, pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover, that I know you can't afford. Bite that tattoo on your shoulder. Pull the sheets right off the corner of the mattress that you stole from your roommate back in Boulder. We ain't ever getting older,” Inola had her eyes closed and a grin on her lips as she swayed to the music, head down and bobbing along. She sang to her hearts content as if there was no one listening. She loved this song and she didn't know why. It was over played and definitely not her general style when it came to music but it was just an awesome song. She belted out the last line and there was silence for a while. She opened her eyes when Angie and Chanhyuk started applauding to see that the other guys were still staring at her. There was something in the way they were looking at her though that she couldn't quite place what it was. Inola blushed and looked down. “Sorry if that was bad.”

That was amazing! What do you mean bad? How could that have ever been bad? Your voice is awesome! And the way you moved! It was so y!” Seungri shouted standing up only to be pulled back down by Tabi when he made his last comment.

I wasn't expecting that. You were awesome,” GD gave her a gummy smile and a double thumbs up, making her blush even more if that was possible. She quickly put down the mic and made her way to the open seat beside Tabi. When she sat down and Angie went up to pick another song, he leaned in to whisper in her ear.

You really are talented little Fox, both of you girls are,” Tabi pushed her hair behind her ear with the hand that had been stretched out on the couch behind her. “But you're my favorite.”

Inola turned to look at him and found that his face was very close to hers. Like almost uncomfortably close. Was she even breathing now? He winked at her as he sat up straight in his seat and Inola felt the heat pool into her cheeks. Honestly, after that, Inola couldn't have told you what Angie had sang. She was so focused on how close Tabi had been to her and the way he had looked at her. It made her heart skip a few beats.

Can you two do a song together? Have you ever tried it?” GD asked breaking Inola out of her thoughts.

We have a couple songs that we sing together but it's mainly just for fun. We haven't ever really tried to be serious about it,” Inola answered with a look that clearly stated she was thinking hard about it.

Ooo! Foxy! Let's do that one song! The one we always sing in the car on the way to the food bank!” Angie looked like a kid on Christmas morning and, try as she might, Inola couldn't say no. She nodded and got up from her seat, grabbing the extra mic, and stood on the stage as Angie keyed in the song. They had sang this song so often that they had it down to a science, given it wasn't exactly a difficult song to begin with. The beat came on and soon Inola started singing.

I knew you were, you were gonna come to me. And here you are but you better choose carefully. Cause I'm capable of anything, of anything, and everything,” Inola pulled the mic down as Angie came in.

Make me your Aphrodite, make me your one and only. But don't make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy,” The girls joined together and sang then.

So you wanna play with magic? Boy, you should know what you're falling for. Baby do you dare to do this? Cause I'm coming at you like a dark horse. Are you ready for, ready for, a perfect storm, a perfect storm? Cause once your mine, once your mine!” Angie took the next verse and sang it flawlessly before the two joined together again for the chorus. The guys were swaying a bit and bobbing their heads to the song. Then Inola stepped to the center of the stage.

She's a beast, I call her karma. She'll eat your heart out like Jeffrey Dahmer. Be careful, try not to lead her on. Shawty's heart is steroids, cuz her love is so strong. You may fall in love when you meet her. If you get the chance you better keep her. She's sweet as fire but if you break her heart she'll turn cold as a freezer. That fairy tale ending want a knight in shining armor. She can be my sleeping beauty I'm gon' put her in a coma. And I think I love her. Shorty so bad, I'm sprug and I don't care. She ride me like a roller coaster, turned her bedroom into a fair. Her love is like a drug I was tryna hit and quit it but lil' mama's so dope I messed around and got addicted,” The final chorus Inola sang the main chorus while Angie did the ad libbing above it. When the song ended all the guys clapped and shouted for them. The girls just laughed and went back to their seats.

This was definitely an experience to say the least. The guys got up and did a couple more songs and then had the girls go again. Honestly, Inola was a bit surprised that they were singing as much as they were. I mean, didn't the guys say that they loved karaoke? Either way, Inola went up and entered in a song that she figured would get a few laughs if nothing else. She smirked as she saw the guys faces as the familiar strains of 'Bae Bae' came through the speakers.

I'm in love nune kongkkaji sseuieosseo Bae Bae. Haui Siljonge hoen waisyeocheu Bae Bae. Saramiya cheonsaya Oh Jesus Bae Bae. Nunbusyeo Bae Bae. Sunglass Bae Bae. Jeongsini mangsiniya hollyeosseo nege. Piga hanjjogeuro tto ssullyeosseo nege. Wiheomhae You're so dangerous Bae Bae. Sallyeojwo Bae Bae. Gyeongchal bulleo Bae Bae,” GD seemed to stare at her like he was taking notes of how she did on his part. It almost made her laugh and lose her focus but when she made it through he nodded with a satisfied look on his face. She made it through Taeyang's part and when she got to Tabi's she noticed him lean his elbows onto his knees and quirk an eyebrow at her, like he was saying 'Impress me'.

saseumgachi yeppeun nun naui princess. Nareul bogo biutneun ge neomu chic hae. Michin geo anilkka jayeon miin teugihae teugihae. Naege wanbyeokhan geudaeyeo naui muse hae. Uri duri pyeonhae wanjeon saljjine. Neowa momi wanjeon chakchak gamgine. Yeongwonhi neon seumuldaseosiya naege. Byeonchi anha Bae Bae ogopagio Bae Bae,” Tabi smirked at her then winked. She took that to mean it was at least acceptable and smiled again. When she got to Seungri's part he simply looked like an excited puppy in his seat. He almost bounced up and down with a huge smile on his face. It almost made Inola laugh but somehow or another she kept her cool and continued.

Nan yeppeun kkocheul deun namja. Modeun iga saranghal neoran kkocheul deun namja. Geudae hyanggie chwihae nan tto mongronghaejigo. Kkeokkiji marajuo jebal neomaneul,” Inola finished out the song and the guys all chuckled and applauded.

You were pretty good. I have to admit it's pretty gutsy to sing that song in front of us,” Seungri said and GD rolled his eyes but smiled none the less.

Your pronunciations could use a bit of work in some parts but I'd definitely say that I'm impressed,” GD said and Seungri looked over at him wide eyed.

Wow. Daebak. You didn't even say you were impressed with me when we recorded it,” GD rolled his eyes at Seungri yet again.

You had to record it like eighteen times to get it right,” Seungri sent him a hurt look but GD simply ignored him.

Is my part actually that y or was it just because she rapped it?” Tabi asked the other two.

It's ier when she raps it,” GD responded.

Definitely ier when it's her,” Seungri confirmed.

I think it's ier when you rap it Tabi Oppa, it's probably one of my top five favorites,” Inola said as she put down the mic and started to gather her things. She had gotten the last song before everyone agreed it was time to go back. Tabi came over and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and leaned in to whisper in her ear again.

Well then what are you doing tomorrow? I could give you a private show,” Tabi winked at her one more time when he let her go and started walking to the door. Inola knew that her cheeks were probably bright red but she couldn't help but wish that he meant that.

On the way back to the hotel Tabi slipped her a piece of paper and told her to open it when she got to her room. Inola's curiosity was through the roof but she obeyed, simply sticking the piece of paper in her pocket. The rest of the ride was filled with laughs and jokes just like the rest of the night had been, and Inola couldn't have asked for more. She was content.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sorry this took so long to update! I started a new job and have no wifi there so I've been writing just not able to update! I'll try to have more up soon! As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!