Seeing His Soul

My Heaven

The next morning when Inola woke up she looked over to her nightstand to find the note that Tabi had passed her, set next to her phone and smiled. He had given her his KakaoTalk ID and told her to message him when she woke up. She had barely been able to contain her fangirling when she read it and could hardly sleep. He really was going to spend time with her and just her! It was practically a date! Inola got up and got herself ready for the day before sending her message to Tabi letting him know she was awake.

FoxFoot: Tabi Oppa I'm ready whenever you are!

Tttop: Alright I'll be there in a bit to pick you up.

Inola teapot squealed and fell backwards onto her bed. She really couldn't believe this was happening. She had to be the absolute luckiest person in the entire world. After a few fangirl moments, she got up and headed out into the living room with the intention of waking Angie up so that she could tell her the awesome news. Though when she got into the living room everything was strangely quiet. She opened Angie's door only to find that the girl was already gone and that there was a note on her nightstand.

Foxy,

I'm going to be hanging out with Chanhyuk today. I'm sorry that I won't be here but I couldn't possibly turn him down! Please don't be mad! I'll see you later today! Love you!

Angie

Inola simply rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone to send a message to the younger girl.

FoxFoot: Yah! I can't believe you didn't tell me before you left! In any case be safe and don't do anything stupid!

Angeliqua: I'm hanging out with Chanhyuk! How am I supposed to even be able to do anything stupid?

FoxFoot: Knowing you? There's a high probability of you doing something stupid or getting yourself hurt! Tell him I said to return you in one piece or I'm going to kick his !

Angeliqua: Whatever you say Unnie! Love you! I'll see you when I get back!

FoxFoot: Okay if I'm not here when you get back then I'm still with Tabi Oppa.

Angeliqua: WHERE IS THE TEAPOT EMOJI WHEN I NEED ONE?????? Omo!!!!! Are you really going to hang out with him today?

FoxFoot: Yeah he gave me his Kakao ID last night and he's coming to pick me up now... Oh wait I think he's knocking on the door...

Angeliqua: Unnie! Hwaiting!

FoxFoot: Thanks little weirdo!

Inola rolled her eyes and headed over to the door to let Tabi in but froze for a moment with her hand on the door knob. She was really nervous. What if she did something stupid and he didn't like her? What if she fell for him and this was all just pretend? Inola shook her head and cleared her mind. There was no use thinking like that. It didn't matter, she was leaving soon anyways. Why not enjoy it while she could? She opened the door to find Tabi leaning his forearm against the door frame and giving her one of the iest looks she had ever seen. Inola could have melted into a puddle from the smolder in his eyes.

“Annyeong Little Fox. How are you today?” The smirk playing on his lips did nothing but make Inola's heart race even faster. Maybe this really was a bad idea. She couldn't even think straight let alone make a sentence in Korean.

Hi Tabi Oppa I'm... I'm good what about you?” Tabi's smirk faded as his brow creased in confusion. Sure he could speak a bit of English but he really didn't use it very often. When Inola realized what she did she covered with a hand and tried again. “Mianhe, Oppa. I'm a bit nervous. I think I forgot how to speak Korean for a second there.”

“Ah, arrasseo. Don't be nervous, it's just me after all,” Tabi's laugh was deep and rumbling and made Inola had some very inappropriate thoughts if she was being perfectly honest. Hey, who could blame her though?

“Arrasseo. Um... Do you want to come in?” Inola moved to the side to let Tabi come past her into the living room and she closed the door.

“Jiyong-ah said that you were fascinated by a picture in your room. Do you mind if I take a look at it? I am kind of an art enthusiast,” Tabi stuck his hands in his pockets while turning on his heels to look at her and Inola grinned at the child like gesture.

“Ne, Oppa. It's in here,” Inola took him into her room and pointed to the print hanging above her bed as she stared at it again. No matter how many times she looked at it it would always captivate her. Tabi came to stand beside her at the foot of the bed and looked at her while she took in the print. She was mesmerized by the print in the same way that he was mesmerized by her. He looked her over for a while trying to memorize all of her features before he turned to look at the print.

Tabi was impressed if he was perfectly honest. Inola seemed to have very good taste in art. This wasn't really his usual style, he usually liked more modern art rather than photography, but it still captured him. There was something in the way that the photo caught the light and all the crevices of the rock wall that was almost, dare he say it, magical. The colors that were captured were almost otherworldly and it seemed to resonate in his soul. He could have stood there for hours trying to see all the different points of the photo and never once have been bored.

“I love his work. Peter Lik seems to be able to capture what little magic is left in the world. My grandmother used to say that if people could only go back to nature and embrace it we could bring back the old magicks. I never understood what she meant by that until I saw his work. Most people seem to have forgotten that no matter how advanced we get as a society, if we lose touch with nature and our planet then we will never be able to fully live our lives. This world gives us so much, it gives us water, food, light, and even shelter, but we simply take advantage of it and never really take the time to truly appreciate its magnificence. There's nothing quite as amazing as being reminded of the splendor that this world holds,” Tabi had turned to look at her as she spoke but she simply continued to look at the picture with loving eyes. While the picture was striking he found the look on her face to be far more magical.

“You must really love nature. I even have to admit that most times I forget to appreciate the world around me,” Inola turned to look at him and gave his a small smile.

“I'm Native American, Cherokee to be exact. Nature is just something we're taught to respect. We're taught from a young age that Mother Earth gives us everything we need but that human greed is slowly destroying everything that Mother Earth gives us. If we could all take just a few moments to see the beauty that is Mother Earth I think everything might be different,” Inola smiled more widely as Tabi turned to fully face her.

“You are definitely much different than most people that I meet. You've got a pretty smart head on your shoulders,” Tabi chuckled and tapped two of his fingers into Inola's temple lightly before leaning down to eye level with her and ruffling her hair. “I know exactly what we're going to do today now. Kaja.”

Inola giggled a bit and fixed her hair as Tabi grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room, barely giving her time to grab her purse. He continued to hold her hand as they entered the elevator and all the way through the lobby to his car. He only let go to open the door for Inola before heading around to the drivers seat.

“Tabi Oppa, where are we going?” Inola blinked at him, her round blue eyes really were captivating to him and he found himself stumbling over his response.

“Uh... We're... uh... We're going to a place of mine... Well not mine but it's special to me... Uh... You'll see when we get there,” Tabi scratched the back of his neck and Inola chuckled. “What is it Little Fox?”

“I don't know. Yesterday, and even when we were in my room, you've been so serious and sophisticated. It wasn't like how I expected you to act at all. But just now it seemed like you were close to being the weirdo I was hoping you'd be. That sounds weird doesn't it?” Inola scratched her head and smiled at him nervously. She liked him being weird? Really?

“Well if you want me to be weird I can be weird. I just figured you might find the serious Tabi more appealing,” Tabi waggled his eyebrows at her making her laugh a bit more. She really did have a pretty laugh, and if him being weird like normal made her laugh, he'd do it.

“Well serious Tabi is y definitely but I think Bingu T.O.P is more my style.... Omo... Mianhe, you don't like that nickname do you? Aish... Mianhe,” Inola began to cover her face with her hands and Tabi just chuckled a bit starting the car.

“I think I can forgive you this time. Besides it sounds much less derogatory when it's coming from your mouth,” Tabi smirked and caught Inola's cheeks flushing. He was really going to enjoy playing with her.

The car ride was fairly silent. Tabi was trying to make sure not to get lost, he didn't drive that often, and Inola was trying to focus on keeping her breathing normal. It was really hard for her to be in such close proximity to Tabi if she was being perfectly honest. If you had asked her a month ago what she would have done in this situation then she would have told you that she would die. Now, sitting in his car with his hand only a few inches away from hers, she was fighting with herself to not cross lines. No she wasn't necessarily that forward but who wouldn't want to take the opportunity to hold their biases hand again in an intimate situation like this?

“If you stare any longer I think you'll burn a hole through my hand,” Tabi's voice broke Inola's thoughts and she looked to him wide eyed with a blush on her face before looking out her window. Tabi smiled and grabbed her hand lacing their fingers. “We're almost there so just bear with me for a few more minutes.”

Inola nodded a couple times quickly, not trusting her voice. It would be really bad if she squealed right now. She didn't want Tabi to think that she was just a scary fangirl. She looked down at their interlocked hands and bit her lip trying to contain her smile. His hand was big and warm and enveloped her hand almost completely. She thought that his hand felt like it was meant for hers but anyone would think that wouldn't they? Inola kept trying to push her hopes down but she just couldn't manage to do it. Everything he did seemed to give her hope that he saw her as more than just a fan.

“We're here,” Tabi said as he let go of her hand and turned off the engine before getting out of the car to come open the door for her. When she got out she marveled at the view in front of her.

They were parked on the top of a mid sized hill that faced the city. It was fairly wooded here but you could still see the city skyline. The sun danced on the glass of the tall buildings and the water of the river below them making everything look crystalline. The trees and bushes were all so green but some were still spotted with a bit of white from the snow that hadn't quite melted. All in all it was beautiful. An almost perfect example of nature and humans living in harmony.

“Wah... Daebak... This is beautiful Tabi Oppa,” Tabi watched with a small smile on his face as Inola's sparkling eyes traced over the view in front of her.

“I come here a lot when I still need inspiration or just some peace and quiet. I actually bought this plot of land just so I could keep it like this. It's one of my secrets. Do you think you can keep it for me?” Tabi came up behind Inola and wrapped his arms around her in a light back hug, resting his chin on her head. Inola nodded with a blush permanently painted on her cheeks.

“Ne, Oppa. Why did you bring me here though? I mean if this is your secret space shouldn't it be kind of sacred to you?” Inola was trying her damnedest to keep her mind off the skin ship that he was providing, otherwise she was sure she would faint.

“Ne, it is sacred. I thought you'd be able to understand it though. The guys are the only other ones that know about this place but even they don't really get it. I mean, they understand that it helps me to unwind but they don't see the spirit of it. I figured you'd be able to do that,” Tabi pulled Inola a bit further into his chest. “I always wanted to meet someone who could understand what this place is to me.”

Inola didn't respond. She knew that she didn't need to say anything, he already knew that she understood. She simply looked out at the view and let it calm her still tense nerves. Inola took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She wanted to center herself as much as she could. She wanted to, as cliché as it sounds, become one with the nature around her. After a few more deep breaths it was almost as if she could hear everything. She heard the birds chirping away, the river flowing, the breeze passing her ear, she felt the air wrap around her, and the solid earth beneath her feet. She hadn't ever felt so grounded in her life and it was amazing. She opened her eyes and a brilliant smile crossed her face as she turned around and hugged Tabi. She knew it was forward but she couldn't help it, she was touched. He stiffened for a second before he returned the hug gently, pressing his cheek into her hair.

“Kamsamnida Oppa. Jinja. This place is amazing,” Tabi smiled and her hair a bit.

“I'm glad that you can see it,” Inola knew what he meant and simply nodded into his chest. She could see how this place expressed his soul. He may not have said it or even meant it that way but Inola was sure that's what she saw here and, boy, was it beautiful. Inola couldn't have ever asked for more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So sorry if this flowed a bit weird I just liked the way this went. Let me know what you think about it in the comments! As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!