Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

My Heaven

Inola pushed the hair out of her face to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Nope. That was definitely G Dragon's instagram and it was definitely a picture promoting a special drawing. She immediately went to the website he had given and read more details. If she won, she would fly to Korea where she would be in a four star hotel, G Dragon would pick her up in one of his gorgeous, awesome cars and take her to YG for a tour, and then take her out to dinner. It was real. Without a second thought Inola selected the twenty five dollar donation for 250 entries and pulled out her debit card. After she paid, Inola simply went back to the previous screen to see all the details again. She had missed the bit about bringing a friend. Inola went to her KakaoTalk app and texted her best friend Angie.

FoxFoot: Sooooo.... I just did a thing...

Angeliqua: What did you do?

FoxFoot: I just entered the (Red) drawing for a dinner date with G Dragon

Angeliqua: Wait... What?

FoxFoot: Uh... Yeah.... So if I win this contest me and a friend get flown to Seoul, stay in a super nice hotel, ride in one of GD's super awesome cars, get a tour of YG, and have dinner with him...

Angeliqua: OMFG! That's an epic contest!

FoxFoot: Yeah... So if I win you're coming with me right?

Angeliqua: Do you even really need to ask?

FoxFoot: Just trying to make sure damn girl... Didn't want to just command you... Douche canoe...

Angeliqua: I really hope you win now! Omg that would be so amazing! When's the winner getting chosen?

FoxFoot: In about a week I think?

Angeliqua: Can you imagine if you won? Like what would you do?

FoxFoot: ...Die...

Angeliqua: That's not right Unnie! You can't just disappoint GD like that! That's mean....

FoxFoot: I think I would really have a heart attack though... But also now that I'm thinking about it, isn't he supposed to be like shy irl? That'll be super awkward if he's shy...

Angeliqua: I think I'd like it better... It'd make me feel less awkward...

FoxFoot: I think I'd rather him be loud and rambunctious like I am so that I don't feel so weird being crazy like normal...

Angeliqua: You're special Unnie...

FoxFoot: Hey! That's mean! At least if he was loud I could relax and be myself... If he's shy and quiet I'm going to end up feeling awkward because I wouldn't want to scare the poor guy!

Angeliqua: Unnie I don't think it matters.. I think you'd scare him anyways...

FoxFoot: ...

Angeliqua: You know, I'm still too cute for you to murder...

FoxFoot: One day that excuse will run out and no longer be relevant...

Angeliqua: You know you love me!

FoxFoot: For some god forsaken reason...

Without really thinking about it anymore, Inola closed her phone and went on with her day as usual. It wasn't like she really thought that she could ever win to be perfectly honest. She had her name with probably a million or more other people and she only had 250 entries whereas she was certain someone probably had close to a couple thousand. There was just no way but she was allowed to dream right?

While she finished up with her work for the day she did daydream about the possibilities. She imagined getting to ride in G Dragon's Lamborghini then the Bentley. She thought about what YG would really be like and what they would eat. She imagined just walking around the streets of Seoul that she had been trying to visit for so long.

Inola had been saving money for years to be able to go on a trip to Korea but every time she would be a couple of dollars away from buying her ticket, something would happen. One year her grandmother passed away and being that she was the last full Cherokee matriarch in her family they did a full blown Cherokee Funeral. This unfortunately cost quite a bit of money as the closest Cherokee Shaman was five hours away and needed to be housed for the seven days of mourning. They also had to basically rent a venue for the funeral considering it isn't your everyday sort of funeral but a very nature based and spiritual event. Helping to pay for that was the least Inola could do though, her E-li-si had always helped her when she needed guidance and had taught Inola everything that she knew about her Native American heritage. To say she was the favorite was an understatement. Inola was also the only one to fully follow the traditions for the mourning period whereas most of her family were back to their happy and bubbly selves after a couple of days, gorging themselves on the food that was brought to them. Inola remained true to the traditions, she restricted her food and water intake, she was neither happy nor angry, she was meek, and she remained isolated from everyone but her family until the Shaman had taken them to the river to cleanse themselves.

After that unfortunate turn four years ago, Inola had saved up the money again but had been unable to go because her family didn't want her to leave. They weren't trying to hinder her from following her dreams and were very supportive but the majority of her family was now either gone to a different state or were getting on in age and simply didn't want to be without the company of their family. Of course being the good U-we-tsi a-ge-ya that she was she stayed and helped to care for them. Now though most of her family's elders were becoming sad to see that all Inola did was care for them and not for her own future. It had only been a couple of days ago when her E-lo-gi told her 'I'm sick of seeing my sweet U-da-tlo-ge-ya looking so sad. Go chase your dreams!' and now she was just trying to get everything settled so she could do just that.

Inola's week went by in a very similar fashion. She would wake up go to her E-lo-gi's house and help out with some chores, tell her E-lo-gi that she was trying to figure out a way to chase her dreams, and then head home to sleep. It wasn't much and it wasn't very distracting from the slight excitement of the drawing coming up but it was something to pass the time. Angie had been talking to her nonstop trying to figure out what was going on with the contest. Angie could be a bit annoying about it sometimes too, telling Inola that she should try to enter a few more times and asking if there were any updates on the contest. Of course there weren't going to be any until that Saturday when the winner would be chosen.

On Friday, when Inola woke up, she got dressed quickly and was getting ready to head out of the house to get some errands done when her phone rang. Since it was her HotShot 'Take A Shot' ringtone she knew that it was from a number that wasn't saved in her phone. Inola dug her phone out of her pocket and stared at the number for a bit. Her iPhone said that the call was coming from South Korea. After the ringtone went into it's second loop, Inola finally composed herself enough to answer it.

“Hello?” Inola couldn't help but sound a bit confused as she spoke to the person on the other line.

“Hello, may I speak with Inola Ray?” The person on the other line, while speaking with very fluent sounding English, had a very thick accent.

“This is Inola Ray. How can I help you?” Well, almost ten years in the retail business had definitely made her way of speaking special, that's for sure.

“This is Ji Eun with YG entertainment. We are calling to inform you that you have been selected for the Dinner Date with G Dragon (Red) promotion,” Inola almost dropped her phone from shock. She had won? Seriously? Inola reached up and pinched her arm just to be sure.

“Really? I won?” Inola was very surprised at exactly how calm her voice sounded considering how much she was screaming in her mind.

“Yes, you have won. We were calling to verify the address that was provided and to make sure that you knew that due to G Dragon's very busy schedule, should you not be able to make it for the dates provided we will unfortunately have to choose a different winner,” Ji Eun seemed to at least be very professional, if not just a little tired of her job but Inola couldn't have been any happier with what was being said.

“I will most definitely be available for those dates!” The conversation went very formally from there with Inola confirming her address and being told that the plane tickets would be sent to her for herself and Angie.

“We hope you enjoy the time you will be spending in Korea. We will see you soon,” Inola told Ji Eun to have a great day and hung up the phone before immediately calling Angie, who picked up on the third ring.

“Hey, what's up Foxy?” Angie sounded like she was running around. Honestly she was probably trying to make it on time to one of her classes but none of that mattered to Inola. She was way to excited.

“I WON!!!!” Inola couldn't stop screaming now that she was off the phone with the very professional representative.

“REALLY???” There was a bunch of noise from Angie's side of the line and Inola reflexively face palmed.

“Did you just fall?” Inola asked exasperatedly.

“Maybe,” Angie said defiantly once she had gotten herself back together.

“Well don't you dare hurt yourself before we get on the plane! I need you to be with me for that god awful flight!” Inola laughed and Angie huffed at her.

“Okay Unnie. I won't hurt myself,” Angie giggled a bit at herself and continued. “But, no, Unnie, I almost died! I almost rolled my ankle and fell down the stairs!”

“How? How even did you do that? You know what? Never mind! I don't want to know! You just need to be more careful dammit,” After a short conversation the two hung up and Inola went to finish her errands and some new ones now that she was going to be going to Korea. She still couldn't believe it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So just so you know E-li-si means grandmother in Cherokee, E-lo-gi means Aunt, U-we-tsi a-ge-ya means daughter, U-da-tlo-ge-ya means niece. If there are any other words in this chapter or any upcoming ones just comment and I'll translate as much as I can for you lol... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!