Puppy Eyes

The Rebels are Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'How'd you even get home? You went there by buss and it's ten kilometers,' Floyd suddenly realizes.
'Well, that's another funny story.'

, the market is probably throwing up officers everywhere. Maybe the army is even coming to take control over the situation. I can't run back home. People will notice a girl running so fast for so long. With a big sigh I give in to my faith and start walking next to the freeway. Ten kilometers to get home. Why didn't I just go on my motorcycle? That would've been much easier.
Time passes very slowly and I seem to move even slower. Every step I take doesn't seem to make a difference. Dammit. I just want to go home. Every once in a while, a car goes by. I've been putting my thumb up when they do, but no one stops. After about ten minutes, I give up and just keep walking.
And of course that is the moment someone slows down and drives next to me.
'Do you need a ride?' I look to my side to see the sweetest puppy eyes look at me.
'Are you going to the sea?' I ask. He nods.
'Yeah, I'm going to see a friend there,' he says. 'You're from Busan right?' he asks. I am a bit surprised, since I tend to suppress my Busan accent very well. Does he know me? Do I know him?
'Yes, why?' I ask a bit suspicious.
'Maybe you can help me too. Come on, get in.' He drives an old cabriolet, so I just jump over the door and into the car, sitting next to him. I decide to not ask too many questions and just go with the flow for this once. I just want to get home.
'Thank you,' I say in advance.

The sea looks beautiful around this hour. I could stare at it forever and never get bored. Never in a million years. The car stops on the first free parking spot we see.
'Here you go,' the gentleman says with a friendly smile.
'Thank you so much,' I say, copying his smile.
'Tell me, what were you doing so far from the city?' he asks.
'Well, I had gotten lost. No idea how I ended up there,' I say, lying my off. He seems to notice it, though he shouldn't. I am the master of lying by now. Something about him? Does  he know me? Do I know him?
'Okay, so could you help me now? I am looking for a bar called Tyler's,' he says. I raise an eyebrow. That's the bar we've been going to, where Chanyeol is and Sehun was. If Chanyeol is also one of us and this guy isn't, that could mean trouble.
'I'll tell you if you tell me your reason,' I say playfully. He seems amused, almost as if he knows what I am trying to do.
'Okay, that's only fair since I asked you why you were so far from home. I am meeting a friend.'
'What's your friend's name?'
'Does it matter?'
'Yes, maybe I know him.' He rolls his eyes, already noticing that I won't let this slip.
'There are a few actually and I'm not giving away all their names, but one of them has been going there for quite a while now. His name is Kai.' The surprised look on my face isn't even worth hiding. I couldn't anyway. The guy inspects my face. 'You know him, don't you?' I nod. There is no way of hiding it now, so lying won't work.
'Is he okay?' I ask the man in a reflex, suddenly realizing that I might be one of little people who knows he was hurt since he was in my house. 'Last time I saw him, he looked pretty messed up.' He looks surprised that I know all this and seems to be putting the dots together. Maybe Kai told him about us. That could be bad.
'You know what, why don't you join me?' he asks. His face has lightened. The puppy smile is back on and I am wondering if he knows about me.
'How do I know if I can trust you?'
'You can't, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter