Busan in Danger

The Rebels are Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Mila,' a sweet voice calls my name. It sounds raspy, as if it just woke up. I start to get aware of skin to skin contact, partly muted by clothing, and my craving for it. I hum in response to the voice. 'Are you hungry?'
'Starving.'
'Do you want to get some food?' the voice asks. I nod and finally open my eyes. I am in Lay's arms. 'You're cute when you sleep.' A smile spreads on my face.
'Were you watching me sleep? That's kind of creepy,' I say and move a bit so I can see him better.
'I was having an internal discussion about waking you up or not.'
'You feel so familiar,' I suddenly say, not really noticing it until his face gets a bit less light.
'So you feel it too,' he says.
'I guess.' For some reason we both know what we're talking about. It feels like a connection. Like we were meant to meet.
'Lets keep it from the others until we figure out what this is. We can't have more worries right now,' he suggest. I agree, nodding at him. 'Okay,  now let's get breakfast.'
We head downstairs and have breakfast in silence. I checked the clock and realized it's awfully early, but because of my strange sleeping schedule I don't feel tired. We went to sleep around four pm, so waking up around four am is still twelve hours of sleep. It's this early, but we hear footsteps come down the stairs. It's Chanyeol, holding a helmet.
'Ah, you're finally out of your room. Good. Get ready, I have to show you something as fast as possible,' he says and walks outside. Lay doesn't seem confused, at least not as much as me.
'You should go with him. I think I know what's wrong,' he tells me and urges me to get dressed. Outside, Chanyeol is waiting for me, leaning on a motorcycle that I don't recognize. Is it his? Probably.
'Hop on,' he tells me. I shake my head and grab my own motorcycle. We move faster that way.
'Lead the way.' It's five am by now, but it's awfully dark. I don't like the feeling it's giving me. The streets are empty, obviously, the whole city is dead. We get close to the edge of Busan and Chanyeol stops and points. At the end of the road is the army. They're setting up a barricade.
'They're making a fence around Busan.'
Realization about the situation is starting to get through me. If they close off Busan, the biggest group of people who have the 7th sense in Korea will be trapped, meaning that they can easily kill everyone. No one has to know why. They could say it's quarantine for some ugly disease and exterminate all of us.
'Busan is in danger,' I blur out.
'Do you see the guy all the way on the right?' Chanyol asks and points at the right of the barricade. There's a guy floating over the ground, but he appears to be walking normally. Why is he using his powers so recklessly? 'That's Kris. He used to be with us, but he betrayed us and joined the army.'
'Are you sure about that? Isn't he just brainwashed or something?' Chanyeol shakes his head.
'No, he was always skeptical about a group of people like us. Kind of like you, but worse.'
'What do you mean?'
'Well, you said that us being together like this is suicide.'
'I still think that, because it is suicide.' He frowns.
'So why do you let us stay in your house?'
'Because you have nowhere to go and being out there as a group is much more dangerous than sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter