The First Meeting

No Fun. Really?

Rae’s POV

 

Like every morning, I felt so eager to wake up this morning to see my team at the office. Bonus of the day, I have a new thing to be worn!

I bought it last 2 weeks and today I decide to show it off for the whole day. Yes! The whole day cause I’ll have dinner with my team and the other company’s team.

 

“Hey, Rae! There’s a smell of something new here”

 

That’s my morning greeting from Jen, my treasured person who keeps assisting me when I’m in need.

 

“There’s nothing much to do today before the dinner tonight. So I guess you can protect your new shirt” Jen said teasing me.

“You finish my works then. I’ll need to invest my sleep by the way”

“Are you being bossy cause you got yourself a new piece?No way I’m gonna finish yours” she laughed and turned away to her place.

 

OK so now I need to work on my big plan of the day.

 

No one’s POV

 

A young man with cold vibe sits in his office room looking serious in front of his PC. Three workers outside his room are having a match of dare among themselves.

 

“I bet he will simply say NO”

“He’s new, so probably he’d say yes. Our big boss is his uncle and I dare to say that he has been told to come with us!”

 

“Well then, what if you two try to confirm by your own? Go ask him in the face so he will spill the answer.” said a female worker.

 

“Are you freaking crazy, lady?!” both of the males said in sync.

“I dare you!” she gave a smirk.

 

…..

 

*knocking the door*

“May we come in Mr. Zhang?”

 

The young man nodded.

 

“We would like to invite you to tonight’s dinner as we believe that your presence would be significance in our...”

“Just cut the crap. See you there.”

 

The young man left the two speechless, heading to the door, and…

 

“Oh yeah, at 7pm right?”

“Y-y-yeah” the two still not able to process the unexpected conversation quite well.

 

Yixing’s POV

 

I wonder what they want but just let them in since I’m going out very soon by the way.

 

Oh, ok…so this is about the dinner that I can’t decline because my uncle said so.

 

Oh God! They stutter. Did I just make them feel embarrassed? Not a good start for me here then.

 

Rae’s POV

 

Parked my car and now I’m making my way to the door of the restaurant and I can see the faces that are impatient to fill their stomach rather than to see my existence. I know those fun fellas too well so that behavior is absolutely normal. Ha! I’m also here for the food!

 

“Everyone is here. So let us all eat, can we?” I plead with my fake frown.

“We all want to but someone is still not here.” 

 

Seriously, they just made an excuse to delay me from eating. I hate them!

 

“Oh, you’re already here sir! Please take a seat and lets eat together”

 

I look at the direction the other company’s employee is talking to. An unfamiliar guy in white shirt standing at the end of the table.

 

Bet he’s a new employee.

But hey! I hate his smile! It looks so insincere.

 

The employee then snapped me from my thought “Miss Rae,..”

 

Snapped, “Oh! Yes?” smiling to him and waiting for him to proceed.

 

“This is our team leader and co-CEO of our company. He just joined us here.”

 

“Nice to meet you Mr…….”

 

“Zhang.” the white shirt guy replied.

 

“Oh, ok.” I gave my most awkward reply. Plus, I’m too overwhelmed with the food.

 

The dinner was so in an informal manner, just the way I want it to be(I believe the others too). The new guy seems quite.

 

“Hey Jen” I nudged her and whispering.

“What?”

“That new guy is really no fun. Don’t you think so? He doesn't say a word.”

“How dare you! He’s such an important man here.”

 

She looks at me with her serious face and now we are having a battle of who will blink her eyes first.

 

We ended giggle between each other.

Jen! She’s totally my best mate.

 

“.. I do have to agree with you Rae.”

 

Yixing’s POV

 

Why am I here? This is not even leading to serious business. Did uncle trick me just to have dinner with this bunch of people?

 

“Guys…are we now ready to hear Miss Rae’s decision? It decides whether we’ll work together or not.” 

 

I look at the direction the question coming from. Yes, finally at 10pm after hours spent stuffing ourselves, I am now able to hear the decision for the collaboration work and after that I’ll just excuse myself to go home.

 

“You see people, I won’t give the answer tonight. What’s the point right after we have had such a good meal?” that smiling lady said like it is nothing important.

 

Lady what do you think you just said?! And how can you smile over this matter?!!

 

I have to refrain myself from letting out what my mind is ranting to voice out.

That lady is really something that uncle has actually told me to work with her nicely.

But how can I? My time’s wasted. Urgh.