Chapter Eight

Christmas Vacation - vixx neo

December 22, 2016.

Again, another beautiful day for their next adventure. It all goes like yesterday, Hakyeon has to wait for Taekwoon to finish eating but luckily, Taekwoon only ate two plates today. Saying that since the island that they are visiting today is mostly known for their famous rum cakes. Knowing Taekwoon, he will buy all he can once they walk outside of the cruise.

Hakyeon is carrying a backpack today. Barbados has a lot of places for sight seeing but they didn't felt like having a tour. Only to be in a bus for hours looking at the glorious scenery and the only time they can actually step outside the bus is for taking pictures for some time limit.

So they decide to be lazy today. Not everyday you can just do basically nothing but just see your surroundings and relax. For the type of job that they have, they certainly don't get to relax much. Especially Taekwoon, being the CEO, composer and singer, pretty sure it ain't easy.

They walk hand in hand towards the islands. The wind here is really strong. Hakyeon feels a sudden relief that he didn't decide to wear his fedora hat today. That would have been a complete disaster.

They come across a big sign that reads, Welcome to Barbados. Both of them decide to take a picture by it. They first take a selca then someone offers to take their photos for them. Once they finished taking photos and thanking the person a million times, they walk inside of a little shopping district.

It is basically filled with bunch of little shops. Mostly there is jewelry shops and souvenirs shops. They enter a few and bought souvenirs for their friends and family. They are having a great time then suddenly Taekwoon stops walking. Hakyeon suddenly stops too since they are both holding hands and looks at Taekwoon, "Why did you stop?" He asks, not getting a response back.

Taekwoon just starts to walk towards a shop and Hakyeon looks at him with a puzzle look but still follows him. He didn't read the shop's name but he already what type of shop this one is. Just by the smell of sweet, he can already tell they are in the rum cake shop. The one Taekwoon was talking about all day.

The lady there greets them with politeness and with an English that is as good as theirs. They look around and sees the varieties of rum cakes on the shelves of the shop. There is vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coconut, their original flavor, and much more that it will be too long to list.

The lady, that is clearly the owner of the shop, asks them if they want to try some samples. Taekwoon eagerly nods his head and Hakyeon laughs. Taekwoon decides to try the chocolate one and the lady gives him two, clearly to give one to Hakyeon. In which he really didn't want to but he does anyways. They both taste it and once they creaminess of the cake hits the tongues, it just felt like paradise on their tongues. You really can't taste the rum in it, it is just tastes like sweet chocolate cake with a kick to it.

And apparently Taekwoon just couldn't resist the temptation and bought 20 boxes of the biggest size they have. Clearly the lady didn't mind since she is making money but Hakyeon looks at Taekwoon like he is crazy. Because in fact, he is crazy. Who the hell buys 20 boxes of chocolate rum cake? Who? Oh wait, that's Taekwoon. He keeps saying that part of those are for his family. "Yeah, like three and the rest you will eat on your own!" Hakyeon says to him.

He did enjoyed that sample that was giving to him but that didn't mean he was going to buy almost the entire shop. I guess it was too much for Taekwoon, he thinks. He just feels like they will be eating rum cake for dessert for weeks once they get back. Even though, it does taste good, he is not looking forward to 'help' Taekwoon eat those. But he knows for sure that is he gets to eat at least three of those rum cakes, he will be lucky.