Chapter Ten

Christmas Vacation - vixx neo

December 24, 2016.

Today is Christmas Eve, a day before Christmas. A day that normally people whose didn't bought their love ones gifts will be in a rush. A day were people will go out with their significant other while other who doesn't will enjoy it with a friend or with the family.

Today Hakyeon and Taekwoon will be visiting the last island of their trip. They are sad it is ending so fast but they told themselves they would not think about it until the very last day. Today they will enjoy it to the fullest.

The island they are visiting is called Puerto Rico. It is the biggest island of the others they have visited the other days. Which mean it will have a lot of more things to do.

They decided not to pay for a tour this time again because everything is at walking distance. Even though, they enjoyed the last experience, Hakyeon said no. So they were walking and walking. Seeing all the historical places the capital has to offer. The cruise stop at the port in the capital called San Juan. The capital is really big but almost every historical thing was in walking distance of the port.

They saw El Morro, and old but well kept fort that the Spanish used when they invaded the island. The felt the strong winds when you walk towards it. Being close to the ocean, the winds grew a bit stronger. Also making the weather a bit colder that they have to wear a long-sleeve shirt.

They saw the museum that is close to the fort. They saw the history of Puerto Rico and of Latin America. Even though, they couldn't really understand most of it. Their English isn't that good but they can go by. Thankfully, people here speak English because the only things they know how to say in Spanish are: comida (food), amor (love), and baño (bathroom). Which really doesn't come very handing on surviving on those.

They decide to finally try some local food since in the other island they really didn't see anything. They decide to go to a place called Raíces, which means roots, and have lunch there. They are shown a table and they sit. The waitress, who is wearing what they think is traditional clothes, hands them the menu, thankfully is in English, and tells them their waiter will be here shortly to take their order.

They decide to try the Mofongo con carne frita, which really didn't had a translation for the name, only for the description of the plate. Their waiter arrives and asks them for their order. Hakyeon, not knowing how to pronunciate it so he just point it to the waiter. The waiter chuckles and writes it down, "And for you sir?" He asks Taekwoon but Hakyeon talks for him, "The same as me," the waiter nods and writes it down.

"What would you have for drinks?" The waiter asks him but they didn't really understand the drinks well. The waiter seeing their confuse faces and says, "Well since it is Christmas Eve, I recommend you to try our tradicional holiday drink it is called coquito. It is made with coconut milk and if you want it with alcohol, they will add rum to it," Hakyeon and Taekwoon look at each other and nod. Might as well try everything new to them.

In a few minutes, they receive their food and drinks. Luckily they didn't get to wait very long for it. If they had to, Taekwoon would have gone mad. They take the first bite of the food and it is amazing. The sweet taste and a bit of saltiness of it is just simply amazing. They decide to try the coquito next and you suddenly can feel a kick from the rum in it but the creaminess of the coconut milk and whatever else they put inside made it sweet and easy to drink.

They are enjoying themselves, eating new stuff and just enjoying the atmosphere of the restaurant. When suddenly a group of people walk inside playing instruments and singing. They expect that is Christmas carols but they are singing it in Spanish so they don't really understand. All they know is that they are having a wonderful time and would to visit again.
 

A/N:

They continuation of this will on next chapter because the part will be separate it from this chapter! But hope you enjoy it!

Sorry for postig on christmas eve nor christmas, i was busy and at the same time i didnt felt good (period cramps ><) but im all better now and you will get all the update today!

Anyways HAPPY LATE CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEARS (?)