Chapter Seven

Christmas Vacation - vixx neo

December 21, 2016.

It is a beautiful day on the sea, Hakyeon and Taekwoon are eating breakfast on the buffet area. And like normally, Hakyeon needs to wait for Taekwoon to finish his third plate of food. The cruise doesn't have Korean food as an option but that just gives them an excuse to try other type of food.

As of now, there are just having a normal American food, you can call it that. Hakyeon's plate consisted of some waffles, bacon, hash browns and a latte for drink. In which he didn't had a chance to drink it because Taekwoon already did. As for Taekwoon, it just too much food to mention. Let's just say he brought the entire selection that was in the buffet.

"Babe, hurry the up! I want to explore the island before it gets too crowded," Hakyeon says while he sighs. Taekwoon didn't pay attention to him, nothing new really. Once Taekwoon starts eating he will block his surroundings and just focus on his food.

He really wants to go down to the island. The island that they are visiting today is called St. Thomas. He has seen photos on the internet when he was back in Seoul about to book the trip. It is a beautiful island, though you really couldn't do a lot there.

The island is most famous for their huge zip lining but Hakyeon knowing himself. He would not dare to go there. He prefers to just stay walking through the tourists area and shops.

Taekwoon finally stands up, indicating two things: either he finished or is going to look for a new plate to fill up. Hakyeon prays is the first option. Well apparently, it is Hakyeon's lucky day because Taekwoon motions him to follow him, clearly indicating that they are finally going to leave.

Hakyeon gets up from his seat and tries to catch up with his boyfriend. Though Taekwoon is taller than Hakyeon by a few inches, that boy has longer legs than Hakyeon so it is difficult to keep up with him at times. Hakyeon will have difficult time at the island today if he had to try and keep up with Taekwoon today.

They go to the very last floor of the cruise, that you can access at, to walk out into the island. They show their cruise ID that they got yesterday when they boarded and walk out towards the entrance of the island.

They walk around the tourists area for about half an hour. They take photos of literally everything. Well, that is mostly Hakyeon, Taekwoon is just looking at the birds, cats and dogs that will past by them.

Now, they are currently standing in front of a tall building. Hakyeon is now holding Taekwoon's hand like he depends on it. Right now, they are standing in front of the zip lining building and Hakyeon is not looking forward to this. In fact, he wants to run away from this place and go back inside of the cruise, where he will just stay locked up inside their cabin.

"Let's go," Taekwoon says and for a second Hakyeon believed that they were going back to the cruise but no. Taekwoon is dragging his scary up the stairs into the place that will be the starting point of their zip lining journey.

"Are you guys ready for this?" One of the employee that are helping them put on he gear asks them. Taekwoon just nod when Hakyeon just says, "No, no, I'm scared!" Clearly in English since they don't understand nor speak Korean. He just gets a laugh in return and it doesn't make Hakyeon any less calm.

Taekwoon goes first, obviously. They told Taekwoon to hold on tight and if he wasn't able to reach the end, there will be a rope on the other end and the employee there will pull him. Once they secured everything, they counted up to three and let Taekwoon go.

Hakyeon feels his knees go weak. Taekwoon does looks like he is having a lot of fun but then in a few seconds, he was out of their sight. The zip line is so long that they couldn't see the end from where they are standing.

Hakyeon is scared to of heights and Taekwoon comes and does this. He deserves not having until Saint Valentine's Day for making Hakyeon do this.

They motion him to step closer so they could hook him up securely. They tell him exactly what they told Taekwoon just some moments ago. He helds on the rope for his life. When the employee gets a call telling them that is okay to let the other one go; the color of Hakyeon's face drains up completely.

On the count of three, they let him go and a second hasn't pass and he is already screaming his lungs out. His hands are shaking still holding the rope like he was instructed to do but he tries to keep his eyes open. Taekwoon told him that it looks amazing and it feels like you are a bird, flying.

At first, he really did not want to believe Taekwoon but a few more seconds pass and he just thinks, to hell with it, and opens his eyes. He looks down and he gasps; his heart accelerates and he feels likes his breath was just taken away.

Yes, it is still scary looking for Hakyeon to be over 75 feet up from the ground. He really doesn't feel scared when he flies on a airplane but this is different. This actually feels like you are literally flying. You can hardly feel the harness and ropes that are tied on your body.

You feel free, like a bird.

And Hakyeon likes that. The cool breeze on his face feels relaxing. He keeps looking at his surroundings, taking every single details and imprint it in his memories. Too bad they didn't pay extra to get a GoPro to record this. Hakyeon didn't think that was going to be necessary but boy, he was wrong.

After what it felt like hours but really where just 3 minutes. He arrives where Taekwoon is, he needs to pull himself with the rope like they had told them before and he is standing in front of Taekwoon. His body is shaking, especially his knees so when he is told to stand up he nearly fell face towards the ground.

Luckily, Taekwoon was there to catch him. "Are you okay babe?" Taekwoon asks, Hakyeon just nods. To shaken up to form words with his mouth. They had taken the gear off him but yet Hakyeon is still on Taekwoon's embrace.

"Sorry babe, it was revenge for making wait this ing long," Taekwoon says and Hakyeon chuckles. That little , he thinks. He lazily neck chops Taekwoon's neck and says, "Shut up," chuckling. The chuckles then turn into full on laughter. They didn't care that the people are looking at them. Right now, they are both happy and that won't be changed by something or someone.