Chapter Six

Our First Christmas - vixx raken

December 20, 2016.

Ken is currently in his parents' house. His parents were texting him, calling him and even emailing him to come and visit at least a day. He would have love to spend time with them on Christmas but he is going to spend it with his love.

His parents understand that because, as they say, when they were the same age as Jaehwan they were like that with each other. Jaehwan just laughs at the thought of his parents behind like him and Wonshik. He is just happy that at least his parents accepts him as who he is.

"Hey darling?" His mom suddenly calls for him. They are both in the kitchen, Jaehwan helping his mom with the cooking. He just hums a response so she knows he is paying attention on what she is going to say but he is still cutting the vegetables for their soup.

"Would you like to bring some food to Wonshik?" His mom asks him. He hands her the chopped vegetables and she lets them fall to the pot. "Yeah, Wonshik loves your cooking. So he will be glad if I bring him some," Jaehwan says while cleaning the knife and the cutting mat he was using. His mom nods and continues to cook. She motions Jaehwan out of the kitchen, telling him he has done what he could.

Jaehwan is not bad at cooking but he isn't the best either. So he understands why his mother told him to get out in the nicest way possible. He goes to the living room and sits next to his dad who is watching the news.

He looks at his dad, "I will be back after Christmas okay dad?" He says, hugging his father. His dad laughs and hugs him back, "Boy, you can come visit whenever you want, don't worry! Also, bring that boyfriend of yours. I have yet to meet him," his dad says.

It is true, his dad hasn't been able to meet Wonshik yet. When he brought Wonshik over to meet his parents, he could only meet his mother. His father was out doing his work and wasn't coming until very late at night. Sadly they couldn't stay late since both of them had work the next day. So he nods his head and promises his dad that he will meet Wonshik soon.

His mother soon calls them for dinner and they sit by the dining table. His mother soon brings out the food and serves them. He always enjoys his mom's home cooked meals. He remembers when she used to send him some of her cooking back when he was in university.

They eat peacefully with small conversations here and there. When they were finished, Jaehwan grabs their plates and goes to clean them. That is the least he can do for the amazing meal his mom cooked.

They later sat on the couch and watched movies. Spending every little moment with their little Jaehwanie. They talked about everything: about his work, about Wonshik, about his brothers, etc. Jaehwan is sad that he will have to bid them goodbye early tomorrow since he has to catch the subway and it will take an hour to arrive at his apartment.

Though he will miss spending time with his family, he knows he will be back soon. Also Wonshik will be expecting him in his apartment and for that, he couldn't wait to be in the warm embrace of Wonshik.