Chapter Ten

Our First Christmas - vixx raken

December 24, 2016.

 

 

 

“Ah , I’m late!” Jaehwan exclaims as he hurriedly walks out of his apartment to take the bus to go to Wonshik’s apartment. He walks towards the bus stop and waits for the bus. He mentally wishes he had bought a car but he hasn’t gotten his driver’s license yet. You can go anywhere by just taking the bus or subway but as of now, he really wants a car. He looks at his watch and sees he is thirty minutes late and the bus won’t come for another ten minutes. It normally takes him five minutes to get to Wonshik’s apartment but it is Christmas Eve, streets are packed meaning he will get there very late.

He mentally argues with himself. He over slept and didn’t hear his alarm go off. He just wishes Wonshik isn’t mad at him. He can’t stand to see Wonshik mad, though it did turn him on a bit, he doesn’t want to trouble him. He taps his foot repeatedly as he looks over to his left to try and see if the bus is coming or no. No luck. He flops on the bus stop bench and sighs.

He is the only one in the bus stop right now and he is dying; it is so cold that not even his thick coat helps to get him warm. He rubs his hands that are cover with gloves to try and bring some warmth into his body. The warmth just last a bit, only when he blows air onto his hands as he keeps rubbing them together.

He sees the bus afar and he stands up. A smile appears on his face and he looks at his watch. Only five minutes earlier than what he had expected. The bus makes a stop and opens its door. Jaehwan waits until a few people get off the bus to get inside. What he didn’t expect is for Wonshik to be there, with Coffee on his arms.

“Hey babe, you were taking your time huh?” Wonshik says as he walks closer to Jaehwan, giving him a peck on his lips. “Why are you here? We were supposed to meet at your place,” Jaehwan says in disbelief, looking at both Wonshik and Hakyeon’s and Taekwoon’s cat. “You took too long so I thought I would surprise you and here I am!” He exclaims with a bright smile on his face.

“You are a dork sometimes, you know,” Jaehwan says, avoiding Wonshik’s gaze and pets Coffee’s little head. “But you still love me,” Wonshik says and Jaehwan laughs because it is true. He does love Wonshik and he doesn’t know what he did to deserve him. At the same time, he just can’t see himself without Wonshik at his side. Only being a year together and yet he feels like they have been together a lot longer than a year.

“What are we going to do? You change the plans since the park is by your apartment,” Jaehwan say and chuckles at Wonshik’s expression. He clearly didn’t think about it, he just wanted to be with Jaehwan. “Sorry, forgot about that,” Wonshik say scratching the back of his neck with his free hand. Jaehwan laughs and takes Coffee from Wonshik’s arms. “Let’s, at least, get inside. It is freezing here,” Jaehwan say as he walks back towards his apartment building, Wonshik following closely behind him.

Now they must think of something to do, not that either of them minded. They could just stay at Jaehwan’s place and just cuddle like they normally do. Probably what they are going to do anyway. Every place is close for today and the only places open are the big food chains, since people do get lazy at time to even cook their own Christmas dinner.

But that is not a problem at Jaehwan’s, he had bought a lot of food last day so they can cook dinner together or at least try. Neither of them can cook practically well so it is better than nothing. They also have Hakyeon’s and Taekwoon’s cat, Coffee, to keep them company. Wonshik didn’t want to leave the poor cat alone at his apartment so he brought her over. Not that Jaehwan minded, he loves the little fluffy thing; he even wishes he could own one but the apartment building he lives at doesn’t really accept pets at the apartment. So right now, they must keep quiet that Coffee is here.

It is going to be a good Christmas eve, Jaehwan thinks as he sees his boyfriend on his couch playing with the little ball of fur. He smiles; yes, indeed it is going to be a good one.