C-07

Silent Love

Yoomi threw herself on her bed.

“Bad guy. Nam Woohyun you are such a jerk!” she sobbed.

She reached out for a handkerchief on the table to wipe away her tears. Her phone vibrated. She had received an incoming message from Woohyun.

 

From Hyun Bae ♡: Yoomi… I am sorry. I didn’t mean to make you sad. Please forgive me sweetheart TT

 

Yoomi read the messages, and had chosen to ignore it. She didn’t bother to reply to it.

Minutes later, she received another message from the latter.

 

From Hyun Bae ♡: I knew you already read my message. I understand that you were mad with me. I am really sorry Yoomi. Forgive me please?

 

Her phone rang signalling there’s incoming call. It was from Woohyun.

Yoomi decided to ignore the phone call, and turned off her phone. She picked up her teddy bear, a birthday gift from Woohyun and hugged it tightly.

“Woohyun lied. He promised me to be my tree to shield me from the sun and storms in my heart…”

“But he never realised that all this time, he was the storm” Yoomi whispered to herself.

“Mister teddy… what should I do now?”

*****************************************************************

It was 15 years ago.

Little Yoomi was a 7 years old cute, little child. She sat at her seat, with her eyes bawled out from crying too much.

 

“Lee ssaem is bad!” Yoomi sobbed.

 

Being the youngest of the family, Yoomi was a clingy kid. She never separated from her parents and her elder brother, Dongwoo.

It was her first day at school and teachers won’t allow parents to accompany their kids. A little boy made his way to little Yoomi.

 

“Hey… why are you crying? Are you okay?” the little boy asked.

 

Yoomi wiped out her tears with the sleeves of her school uniform.

 

“Lee ssaem wouldn’t allow my parents to accompany me” little Yoomi answered.

"They can't accompany you? Don't worry! You have me!" the boy squealed.

"Y... you?" Yoomi stuttered.

"Yes! Me! I am Woohyun. Nam Woohyun, but people call me tree because if you say my name really quick, it will be Namu. I can be your tree to shield you from the sun and storms in your heart~" little Woohyun replied.

 

And little Yoomi laughed, for the first time of that day.

 

"You... just laughed" little Woohyun was amazed.

"You are funny! How did you managed to say such cheesy words at such young age?" Yoomi questioned.

"I don't know. I just want to make you stop crying and start smiling. My mum said a good man would try to do anything to make a crying girl to smile" Woohyun smiled sheepishly.

"Thank you for making me laugh" little Yoomi thanked Woohyun.

"Most welcomed!" Woohyun beamed excitedly.

"You already know my name but let me introduce myself formally. I am Nam Woohyun" little Woohyun introduced himself.

"Yoomi. Jang Yoomi"

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating for quite some time. Uploaded 2 chapters for beloved readers of Silent Love ♡