C-06

Silent Love

“You knew you were bad at lying, don’t you buddy?”

“What?” Yoomi asked, confusedly.

“Earlier, when I asked you why you were crying, and you said that your eyes were teary because there’s a cat and you sneezed. It was a lie, right?” Woohyun said.

Yoomi was silenced.

“Yoomi… I knew you since we were 7. You never allergic to cats. Mind to tell me what’s bothering you?” Woohyun continued.

“Nothing… just…”

“Shocked?” Woohyun guessed.

“Yeah… kind of” Yoomi admitted.

“Honestly Yoomi, do you like me?” Woohyun asked.

“Obviously I do. You are my best friend” Yoomi said.

“I mean do you like me more than as best friend?” Woohyun said.

“What were you talking about? Me? Liking you more than best friends? Hell no! I wouldn’t want a cheese as my boyfriend” Yoomi replied.

“Jang Yoomi…”

Yoomi knew that Woohyun was dead serious when he called her by her full name.

“I am being serious too now, mister Nam” Yoomi said.

Woohyun sighed.

“Nothing. We’ve arrived” Woohyun replied.

“Thank you” Yoomi was about to get out from Woohyun’s car when he suddenly grabbed her wrist and abruptly crashed his lips on hers.

Shocked, Yoomi froze for a while. But, a moment later, she responded to the kiss.

And realization hit her.

She slapped Woohyun’s cheeks.

“What do you think you were doing?” Yoomi shrieked.

“Was it that hard to admit?” Woohyun asked.

“What?”

“That you like me” Woohyun stated.

Yoomi let out a fake laugh.

“Yes I do! I like you, and I have been keeping the feelings for years since I was 15. Happy?” Yoomi shot.

“Then why did you never tell me?” Woohyun replied.

“Only to be rejected and getting myself embarrassed? No thanks! I would rather keep the pain of hiding my feelings by myself rather than risking our friendship”

“And tonight, I just knew that you already got yourself a girlfriend”

“That was the reason you cried earlier, don’t you?” Woohyun guessed.

“I am not that desperate Woohyun. I wouldn’t want to hurt anyone. I never want to be a third wheel to your relationship” Yoomi directly faced Woohyun.

A pool of tears already formed on her eyes, waiting for them to drop endlessly.

“Yoomi…

“Leave, Woohyun. Just leave me alone. Good luck on proposing your girlfriend. Goodnight” Yoomi excused herself and entered her apartment, leaving Woohyun dumbfounded.

“Argh!” Woohyun ruffled his hair, frustrated.