C-01

Silent Love

Weekend.

For majority, it’s a day for people to have a rest, setting themselves free from works and chores and some had chosen to spend their quality times with beloved ones.

Not for Yoomi.

Upon hearing the sound of the alarm, the girl yawned and woke up from her sleep. She quickly tidied up her bed, snatched her towel and went to the bathroom to wash herself. Done with that, she went to the kitchen, grabbed her favourite mug and started to make a cup of coffee for herself. She went back to her room with the cup of coffee and a piece of bread which she had stuffed into . She reached out for her laptop, and continued to complete the never ending tasks.

Being a safety officer at a famous engineering company, Yoomi had to do numerous tasks. These included doing safety inspections, checking the material safety data sheets of chemicals, observing the process at the chemical plants and sending reports. Yoomi diligently typed in the reports which she needed to submit to her employer on that day. Her eyes were fixed onto the computer screen, fingers typed in the words really quick, she had done her job efficiently. Other employees would never being able to find any reason to argue the decision of the company to award her as the best employee for three straight years.

While she was busy completing her task, her phone rang, signalling that there’s incoming call. Yoomi glanced at her phone screen, only to make her eyes widened seeing the name that popped up on the screen. She snatched her phone and quickly answered to the phone call.

“Hello mister. On what occasion did you called me today?” Yoomi spoke.

“Why? Do I need to have any specific reasons to call you?” the guy on the other line replied.

“The last time you contacted me was months ago. So… Did you called me just to whine about your annoying juniors again?” Yoomi asked.

“No. I just missed you so much, buddy” the guy replied, making Yoomi blushed hearing his words.

“Believe me Woohyun, I am really busy right now” Yoomi said.

“Too busy for a meal with your best friend?” Woohyun asked.

“Yes” Yoomi replied.

“Oh come on! Just get out from your dungeon already! I am free from any schedules today. So… dinner? My treat” Woohyun offered.

“Well… how can I say no to free foods? Deal” Yoomi agreed.

“I will fetch you at your apartment later, sweetheart” Woohyun said.

“Can you stop calling me sweetheart? Save it for you girlfriend” Yoomi retorted.

“Girl… what’s wrong with me calling you sweetheart? I have been calling you that for years… since we were kids” Woohyun argued.

“Because whenever you did, my heart could jump out of excitement, nervousness, and so many things that I couldn’t even explain myself” Yoomi whispered to herself.

“What did you say? I couldn’t catch it. You were playing my songs way too loud! Oh my god girl, I knew you are my number one fans but surely you wouldn’t want to damage your ears from hearing me screaming just to talk with you” Woohyun said.

“Were you done nagging? I need to get back to my work Hyun. Bye”

“I will come… bye…” Yoomi had ended the phone call before he managed to finish his words.

“Aish this girl. Always busy with her job” Woohyun nagged.

Yoomi patted her chest. Having a long conversation with her best friend will do nothing good. The shorter, the better.

For Woohyun is not just a best friend of her, he is…

Her crush.