Flower shop

kookmin (jikook) one shots

“Thank you, come again." Jimin waved at the girls before him who giggled as they walked out the small flower shop, the quiet ding of the door resonating through the room. 

“Wah, business is thriving today as usual I see.”

The small man looked up from the flower arrangement he was working on, a huge smile plastered on his face when he saw a woman and a small girl approaching the counter. 

“Ah, Mrs. Choi, it's been a while.”

“Chim chim!” 

His grin widened when the little girl exclaimed, running over to the counter and going on her tippy toes to get a better look at the man. 

“Sorry, I have an appointment nearby and Sunha insisted that I drop her off here, you know how much she loves it here.”

Jimin smiled sweetly, patting the little girl’s head.

“That's fine, you know I can use the extra company.” Sunha giggled, rounding the counter so the man could carry her. Mrs.Choi smiled apologetically as she watched her daughter cling unto the other man's apron. 

“I'll be quick I promise.”

Jimin chuckled. 

“It's okay, take your time.”

With that the older woman left the shop, sending them one final smile. 

“Can I go play in the backroom?” Sunha asked when her mother was gone. Jimin nodded, knowing just how much the little girl loved to play with the scrap flowers he kept in the room. She cheered as he dropped her, immediately running to the room. He smiled at her retreating figure, his attention pulled back by the sudden ding that signified another customer. 

“Ah, Wel-” Jimin's voice died in his throat as his gaze fell on the man that just walked in. 

The man had dark black hair that fell in messy strands over his eyes. His deep brown eyes were concentrated on something on the screen of his phone, and his head bobbed slightly to whatever music he was listening to through his earbuds. But that wasn't what caught Jimin's attention the most. If anything, Jimin was entranced by the intricate designs that ran up the other man's sleeveless arms. They fitted nicely against the perfect curves of the said man's muscles, the tips of the designs disappearing farther into his shirt. 

Jimin felt his face heat up as he unknowingly counted three piercings on the other man's left ear and two on his right. 

 

The man was attractive. 

 

Like ridiculously attractive. 

 

“-come.” He finished lamely, stiffening as the man looked up at him, piercing eyes landing directly on him. The said man nodded at him. 

“Hi.” He said, the low voice making Jimin's face flush a bright pink. 

“Mind if I look around?” The man continued and he quickly shook his head. 

“N-no, by all means go ahead” 

Jimin watched as the other man walked around the store, trying to be discreet about his eye stalking. He felt his brows furrow in slight confusion as the man would take random pictures of some of his flower arrangements on his phone. After a few minutes of intense internal debating within himself, he finally found the courage to go talk to the said customer. 

“Is there something in particular you're looking for?” He asked, immediately regretting his decision once the man turned to face him, eyes scanning over him once. 

“Not really.” He mumbled, shoving his phone into his pocket. Upon noticing the confused look on Jimin's face he sighed, outstretching a hand. 

“I'm Jungkook.”

Jimin blinked, mouth falling slightly agape as he realised that this hunk of a man just introduced himself. 

“I work at the newly established tattoo parlor two blocks down and I just needed some inspiration for some new tattoo designs.”

Oh. Well that explained all the tattoos… and the picture taking. 

“Oh. That's cool. Um I'm Jimin.”

Jungkook nodded. 

“I know.”

Upon noticing the smaller man’s look of surprise, he chuckled, the low sound sending a pleasant shiver up the other man's spine. 

“Name tag.” Jungkook clarified, pointing at the tag on Jimin’s apron. 

“O-oh right.” The flower shop owner stuttered cutely. 

“Well were my flowers any help? For your designs I mean?” He continued, nervously fiddling with the sides of his apron. Jungkook nodded, eyes still glued on the smaller man. 

“Yes actually. The flowers are really pretty. Actually everything in this store is quite beautiful” He claimed, a small smile tugging at his lips as he added

“In fact I may have to start coming here more often.”

Jimin blinked. Was he…….flirting? He didn't think he could blush any harder at this point. 

“Oh t-that's-”

“Chim chim!”

Both men turned to face the petite girl running up to them, a flower crown adorning her head. 

“Look look! I made a crown!”

Jimin cooed at the little girl, complimenting her on her artistic talent. 

“I made one for you too!” Sunha chirped, holding up another crown of flowers. 

“Wah, it's so pretty!” He exclaimed and she giggled. 

“Let me put it on you!” She demanded and Jimin crouched, dipping his head so the little girl could put the crown on his head. 

“Woah, Chim chim looks so pretty” She giggled out once she was done. 

“Doesn't he?” She added, looking up at Jungkook whose presence had almost been forgotten. The said man held up his hand, giving them both the ‘perfect’ sign. 

“Gorgeous” He said, smiling at the embarrassed look on the smaller man's face. 

“I'll go make more” Sunha chirped once again running into the back room. 

“She's a friend's daughter. I'm looking after her while her mom's at an appointment.” He clarified, fixing the flower crown on his head. He didn't notice the fond smile that brightened the taller’s face at the gesture. 

“She seems sweet.”

Jimin nodded. 

“She is.”

Neither of them said anything at first, till the smaller broke the silence. 

“So, are you going to get anything or…”

Jungkook chuckled and Jimin's eyes widened as he walked closer, plucking a flower off from the crown. 

“I think I'll get this one. How much is it?”

Jimin flushed once more, looking away

“That's fine you can keep it.”

Jungkook smiled, bringing the flower to his lips. 

“Sweet.”

“How often do you work here?” He suddenly asked and Jimin tilted his head slightly to the side. 

“All weekdays.”

Jungkook nodded in understanding. 

“Great. I guess that means I'll be seeing you tomorrow then.” He said, effectively making the shorter man even more flustered. 

“Well I'll be on my way then.”

Jimin nodded, watching as the other turned to leave. He couldn't help the giggle that escaped his lips when the taller man tucked the flower behind his ear. 

What a sight it was, a darkly dressed tattoo covered hottie with a purple flower tucked behind his ear. 

Jimin smiled, already looking forward to tomorrow 

 

 

A/N

Midterms are over, I'm allowed to not be productive again! 

Sorry this is a tad bit short, but don't worry, the valentine fic that I'm working on right now should make up for tha- I mean wut? What valentine fic? *sweats* I didn't say anything. 

PS: Hope you all checked out the fic from my Shameless advertising.