The box

kookmin (jikook) one shots

If there was one thing Jungkook didn't like about his boyfriend (which was saying a lot considering that he absolutely adored the other man in more ways than one) it was his curiosity.

“Jungkook? What's this?”

Jungkook didn't think it'd be anything serious when he'd turned around, but upon doing so, he'd felt his heart practically leap out of his chest. In seconds alone, he was on his feet, snatching away the black box in the other man’s petite hands.

“Holy Jimin, where did you find this?” He exclaimed, ignoring the sceptical look Jimin sent his way.

“What's in it?” The shorter man asked, eyes narrowing suspiciously. Jungkook gripped the box protectively.

“Nothing.” He answered defensively.

“You saw nothing.”

Jimin’s eyes narrowed even more.

“Jungkook.” He threatened. Jungkook didn't wait to hear what he had to say before making a run for it.

“Ya!” He heard Jimin call out, but didn't stop, instead running up the stairs to their shared room. Jimin scoffed, rolling his eyes as he followed the other.

“Ya!” He repeated again, this time knocking loudly on the locked bedroom door.

“You better not have broken something of mine and be hiding it in that box.” He hissed, placing his ear against the door to hear the shuffling on the other side better.

“Jungkook! What are you doing in there? Hey! Open up!”

“Kookie!”

“Jungk-”

Jimin’s statement was cut off by the bedroom door finally opening. He glared at this boyfriend who now stood in front of him.

“What was that all about? What's in the box?”

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck, shrugging nonchalantly.

“Nothing you need to see.” He answered, the shorter obviously not appreciating the answer. Jimin tried to sidestep him into the room, but Jungkook was much faster, blocking the doorway with his larger frame. Jimin scoffed.

“This is ridiculous, that's also my room you know” He hissed and Jungkook shrugged.

“Come on, forget about it. I'm hungry.” He answered, grabbing the other's hand and pulling him along away from the room. Jimin tried to struggle against his grip but the action proved useless as Jungkook was much too strong for him. He gave up eventually, deciding that he'd just go find the box later when the other wasn't there.

……..

 

Okay, so Jungkook wasn't an idiot, Jimin didn't know what he'd been expecting. The other had stayed with him the whole day and had made sure that he wasn't ever in the room by himself. When he was in the room, he'd try to glance around to see if he could spot the black box, however, he couldn't seem to find any possible places where the other might have hidden it. 

This ridiculous game of search and defend continued for a few days, and once in awhile Jimin would bring up the box to the other.

“Is it ?” He'd asked one day and Jungkook had looked up from his phone with a confused expression.

“Is what ?”

Jimin rolled his eyes. 

“In the box. Is it ?” He'd asked again. Jungkook blinked, letting the words register before sighing.

“Forget about it Jimin.” He'd simply answered.

“Plus why would I need when I have you?”

Jimin ignored the comment, instead choosing to think of more possibilities.

“Your diary?” He'd asked once again that day, but Jungkook had merely shrugged. 

For a few more days the questioning continued, till on that final day, Jimin decided he couldn't stand it anymore.

“That's it!” He'd randomly exclaimed one afternoon while Jungkook lounged on the couch. The taller had merely raised a brow, not taking the outburst seriously. A few seconds seemed to pass between them before Jimin was darting up the stairs, Jungkook immediately leaping off the couch with a curse.

“Jimin!” He exclaimed, cursing once more as he saw the bedroom door locked already. He huffed, eyes searching around frantically till they came to rest on a small pin at a nearby table. He grabbed the object, thanking the heavens for all the time he'd locked himself out of his room in college and had had to pick his way in.

He just hoped Jimin didn't find the box.

……………..

 

Jimin looked around the room frantically, wondering where the hell Jungkook could have hidden the box.

“Think, where would Jungkook hide something from you?” He mumbled to himself, freezing when a thought popped into his mind. He turned slowly, scanning the room for the tallest thing he could find. His eyes came to rest on the shelf, eyes trailing to it's top.

“That little .” He mumbled, pulling over the desk’s chair. He stood on it, scanning the top of the desk and immediately finding what he was looking for. He let out a satisfied hum as he reached for the box, freezing almost immediately as the bedroom door was slammed open.

“Step away from the box Jimin.” Jungkook commanded. Jimin rose a threatening brow, hands clasping around the box. He should have expected it, knowing just how fast his dumb athlete of a boyfriend was.

“.” was all he'd been able to mumble before having to make a run for it. But of course Jungkook was faster. Before he had even fully dismounted the chair, firm hands were wrapping around his waist, immobilizing him.

“Ya, let go of me Jungkook!” Jimin exclaimed, writhing in the other’s grasp.

“Let go of the box then!” Jungkook answered stubbornly.

“What's in it anyways? I thought we promised not to keep secrets from each other.” Jimin didn't back down, tightening his grip around the box.

“Jimin seriously give it back.” Jungkook all but whined, attempting-to no avail-to wrench the object out of his boyfriend's hands.

“No. Not unti-ah!” A high pitched laugh cut off Jimin’s demand as Jungkook brought his finger up to tickle his side.

“Kookie! Stop.” He exclaimed between loud giggles, his hands still wrapped around the box.

“Drop the box.” Jungkook ordered, to which the other responded with a loud “No!”, elbowing the taller before scurrying off. Jungkook groaned, but chased after him anyways.

“Jimin!” He exclaimed, running down the steps after the other man.

Their chase continued into the kitchen, and soon enough they found themselves at either end of the dinner table.

“Jimin. Give it.” Jungkook urged and Jimin shook his head, lips pulled up into a grin that showed he was enjoying this way too much.

“Jimin.” Jungkook warned. Neither moved at first, until suddenly the taller launched himself across the table. Jimin shrieked, but moved out of the way just in time. 

“Look at what you did!” Jimin exclaimed, pointing to the overturned vase of flower arrangements that had been on the table. Jungkook grunted, narrowing his eyes at the other man who still hadn't let go of the box. At this point Jimin was more interested in their childish chase than in the contents of the box, in fact he'd almost forgotten why the chase had begun in the first place.

“Jimin.” Jungkook all but growled, although Jimin knew there was no real threat behind it. He giggled, sticking his tongue out before attempting to run once again. But Jungkook had just about had it at this point. As they reached the living room, he decided that the chase had gone for long enough, and with a final burst of desperation, practically vaulted over the couch to tackle Jimin, making sure to break both their landings with his hands. Jimin let out a surprise cry as he landed on the floor, a pout forming on his face once the box was yanked out of his hands.

“You’re a little brat you know that?” Jungkook tsked, flicking his boyfriend's forehead before attempting to dismount him, Jimin rolled his eyes, pulling the other man back down before he could fully leave.

“Woah!” Jungkook exclaimed, dropping the box in order to break his fall with both hands, caging his boyfriend between them in the process. Their faces were inches apart now, and a wicked smirk now adorned Jimin’s face.

“Brat or not, I've got you where I want you.” Jimin purred, wrapping his arms around the tallers neck. Jungkook chuckled, letting Jimin pull him closer.

“You're really something.” He muttered, just as their lips were brought together. 

If there was one thing Jungkook loved about his boyfriend, it was kissing him. No matter how many times they did it, whether it was just a peck, or a hot make out session, he never got tired of it. Jimin’s lips were soft, and Jungkook loved how well they fitted against his. 

“Kookie..” Jimin mumbled against his lips and Jungkook shivered, already prepared to deepen the kiss, when he was violently shoved off the other.

“” he hissed as he landed on his back, watching the other scurry off towards the dreaded box. He moved faster however, and was able to yank the shorter’s foot back. Jimin yelped, fingers just barely grazing the box.

“Wow you're really persistent.” He hissed.

“Now I've gotta know what's in that box.” 

Jungkook sighed.

“Forget it. You can’t.” He hissed, keeping his grip on the others foot. Jimin pursed his lips, halting his kicking to narrow his eyes at the other.

“Is it nudes of me?” He asked and Jungkook furrowed his brows.

“Really? Did you just ask that? I have tapes of us Jimin.” He answered. Jimin huffed 

“Then what's in the box?” He whined and Jungkook looked away, cheeks tinting slightly.

“Forget it.” He mumbled, scratching the back of his head and unknowingly letting go of the others legs. Jimin didn't make a run for it this time however, but instead stared skeptically at him.

“Fine. Don't tell me.” Jimin answered with a pout, aware that since it was Jungkook it wouldn't be anything too serious. It was probably something childish anyways.

Jungkook let out a relieved sigh, pleased that the other had decided to get off his case. He could still feel Jimin’s eyes on him as he picked up the box and he narrowed his eyes at him, unsure of what trick he might try to pull this time. Jimin merely shrugged, still watching innocently as his boyfriend slowly inched back.

Jungkook continued to inch back, getting even more suspicious as Jimin raised an eyebrow. The reason for the others amusement finally clicked when the back of his knees made contact with the nearby couch. His knees buckled, and in attempt to stabilize himself, he dropped the box. Due to the severe manhandling that the object had gone through during the chase, it's lid was askew, and this time, its contact with the ground was enough to have its contents tumbling out.

Jimin’s eyes widened, sitting up immediately to get a better view of the object that had rolled out. Jungkook darted for the object immediately, shoving it back into the box. But he was too late. Jimin already saw.

“Was that..?” Jimin’s voice trailed off, eyes wide in shock. Jungkook flushed a bright pink, cursing himself for his clumsiness. Now all his hard work protecting the dumb box had gone to waste.

“No it wasn't.” He quickly answered, but Jimin didn't buy it, hands already covering his lips as his cheeks began to turn rosy as well.

“Jungkook what was that?” Jimin repeated, voice much softer this time. Jungkook slowly closed his eyes, knowing that denying anything at this point was no use.

He chucked the box over, watching with defeated resignation as his boyfriend slowly took it, removing the object from inside. Jungkook gulped as Jimin held up the even smaller posh looking box.

Jimin’s lips fell open even before he took the cap off. Jungkook pursed his lips as he watched the reaction, flushing even more when the other let out a squeal.

“Oh my god Jungkook!” He exclaimed, eyes watering at the sight of the gem embedded into the little band tucked inside the ring case. Jungkook exhaled loudly.

“It was supposed to be a surprise.” He mumbled 

“I was gonna ask on our anniversary but you just had to go and ruin it.” He added as an afterthought. Jimin didn't look like he was listening, as he brought a hand up to his lips, eyes watering. Jungkook coughed, looking away as he gestured awkwardly at the box.

“So uh...yeah.. Do you want to?” He mumbled. Through his tears, Jimin rolled his eyes.

“Get on your knee and ask properly you asshat.” He chastised, voice laced with tenderness despite his words. Jungkook flushed, snatching the box before hesitantly getting on one knee.

“Jimin.” He began and Jimin looked both a mixture of ecstatic and on the verge of bursting into tears.

“Will you marry m-”

Jungkook didn't even get to finish before the other was tackling him with a hug, the words “yes” tumbling out of his lips in little sobs. Jungkook flushed, finding everything to be so incredibly cheesy. He grinned nonetheless, heart filling with something warm, something he was used to feeling when the other was around.

After Jimin finally calmed down, wiping away at a stray tear, Jungkook chuckled. Jimin glared at him.

“What's so funny?” He mumbled, smacking him weakly on the chest. Jungkook shrugged.

“I'm kinda glad I didn't propose in public like I planned on doing. Your ugly crying is kind of intense.” He teased, earning a very hard smack from the other.

“I take it back. I don't want to get married to you.” Jimin hissed, glaring pointedly at his newly turned fiancé. Jungkook scoffed.

“Ya right.” He answered, bringing their lips together.

Jimin didn't complain, really glad he'd decided to steal that dumb box.

 

 

 

A/N

Guess who isn't dead!!!!!