Welcome back

kookmin (jikook) one shots

Jimin fixed his hair for the eleventh time that night. His gaze travelled to the living room clock. 

4: 38 

He bit his lips, getting more excited by the minute. It was about a 10 minute drive to the airport so he knew he had to start leaving immediately, that was if he wanted to get there before 5:00.

With a final pat of his hair, Jimin pulled back from the full sized mirror. He hummed in satisfaction as he examined the room. Everything was in place just like he wanted it to be. It was definitely worth all the long hours of cleaning he had done earlier on in the day.

He grabbed the car keys from the kitchen table, quickly taking a peek into the fridge to make sure all the food he, well Seokjin, had made was still there.

Jimin smiled in satisfaction, deciding that everything was in a good enough situation for him to leave.

“Alright” He mumbled, internally giving himself a pat on the back. He was good to go.

The drive to the airport was painful and Jimin could hardly stay in his seat as he watched the long row of cars that stood in front of him.

He stared at his watch.

4:56

Jimin groaned.

“Mooooove” He hissed to no one in particular.

The cars moved forward about 10 inches and Jimin gritted his teeth with frustration.

“This is gonna take a while”

 

………..

The cars had finally begun moving a lot quicker and Jimin tried not speed as he saw the airport looming.

5:15.

His phone vibrated and Jimin hastily picked it up, heart clenching as he saw the name that lit up the screen.

Burnt cookie~♡

Jimin grinned, lifting the phone to his ear.

 

“Hey baby”

 

The laugh on the other side was hoarse.

“Hey Chim Chim”

Jimin immediately noticed how tired the other sounded.

“Sorry I'm late. The traffic was seriously ”

Jungkook coughed from the other end.

“Nah, no problem. I already got all my stuff”

Jimin nodded, aware that his boyfriend couldn't see the action.

“Where should I pick you up?"

“Come by the north entrance of the main building. I'm coming outside right now” Jungkook answered.

“Alright, I'm already by the north but I don't- Oh! I see you!”

Jungkook chuckled.

“Where are you?”

Jimin honked the car, loud enough for the silhouette that he knew for sure was his boyfriend to turn.

Jungkook was holding one traveling bag, a backpack slung on his left shoulder. He slowly made his way towards the car as Jimin found a spot to park.

He had just barely finished parking the car when the shorter lept out of the vehicle. Jungkook grinned at him and his first course of action was to hug the taller.

“Nice to see you missed me just as much as I missed you”

Jimin broke the hug.

“You were gone for forever” He said, pulling up the lid of the car trunk.

“Just two month” the other stated

“Same thing”

Jimin attempted, with little success, to lift the traveling bag into the trunk. Jungkook chuckled at the attempt.

“Here” He said, effortlessly lifting the bag like it weighed nothing. Jimin watched him carelessly throw it into the trunk.

“Show off” He mumbled. Jungkook laughed.

The car drive back was nowhere as bad as the drive to the airport, and Jimin hummed in content as he drove freely on the road.

“So, how’d it go?”

Jungkook looked sideways from where he was seated, eyelids drooping like he was about to fall asleep.

“Hmm?” He asked, not having caught the other's words.

“The competition. How was it?”

Jungkook mouthed an oh

“It was great actually. We came in second but I'm pretty sure the group that won bribed the judges”

Jimin frowned 

“Ugh, that , you guys practiced so much”

Jungkook nodded

“Ya, but it was still fun”

The rest of the ride was silent and Jimin smiled as he watched his boyfriend drift to sleep. He was almost tempted to leave him sleeping when they reached home.

“Jungkook” He whispered, gently patting the taller’s head.

“Hey, we're home”

Jungkook's eyes slowly opened and he sent the other a small smile.

“Right.”

Jimin went to the truck, once again attempting to lift the heavy bag. Jungkook got out as well, stretching his back.

“Just take this” He said, handing Jimin his backpack.

“As cute as it is to watch you struggle with that, it's already late so we don't have much time.” He added, pulling out the bag with once again, no effort.

Jimin rolled his eyes, grudgingly throwing the backpack over his shoulders. Jungkook smirked at the childlike action.

The house was warm and both boys were immediately welcomed by the comforting smell of home. 

“Man I missed this place”

Jimin smiled 

“This place missed you too”

“Here” He collected the bag from Jungkook, this time using the wheels to move it to the end of the room.

“Are you hungry?” He asked, adjusting the bag against the wall so it didn't fall.

Jungkook didn't answer and he turned around to find out why. The taller was staring at him intently and Jimin couldn't tell what he was thinking.

“Hey, I asked if you were hungry”

Jungkook walked over, grabbing his backpack from the other and carefully putting it on top of his traveling bag.

“Hey, I'm talking to….” Jimin’s voice trailed off as long fingers caressed his cheeks. He bit back a gasp as Jungkook came closer, loving the way the taller’s thumbs moved to his lips.

Jimin’s eyes fluttered shut, already anticipating the kiss that followed.

The kiss was soft, slow at first, but eventually picking up pace. To Jimin, the kiss was a mosaic of all the feelings that had been exhausted over the month. Feelings that words alone were not enough to express. Love, relieve, comfort, even lust. Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook’s neck, tilting his head so the other had more access.

Jungkook pulled away first.

“I missed doing that”

Jimin blushed.

“So, are you hungry?”

The taller laughed.

“Way to ruin the mood. But yeah, I'm kinda hungry”

 

……..

Jungkook watched with awe as his lover brought out dish after dish of mouthwatering food out of the fridge, transferring some into the microwave.

“Did you make all this?”

Jimin paused for a second before answering.

“Ya?”

Jungkook obviously didn't buy it.

He huffed

“Fine, I had a little help but I still did a lot”

“Wow, there's so much, you can't possibly expect me to eat all this”

Jimin shrugged 

“Left overs are allowed” He said, arranging the food on the table.

“You're eating with me right?” Jungkook asked. Jimin shook his head.

“Nah, I already ate” he lied. The other took another glance at all the food.

“I'm sure you could eat some more. Like I don't already know how big your appetite is”

Jimin glared.

“Hey, don't be rude. I’m on a diet”

Jungkook frowned.

“What for? It's sad enough that your beautiful dumpling cheeks have hollowed out but now you wanna do more?”

Jimin blushed

“It's my body” He mumbled.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, pulling the unsuspecting boy into his lap.

“And your body belongs to me, so don't go changing it without my permission. Now here”

He picked up a piece of beef with his chopsticks, placing it in front of his boyfriend’s mouth. 

Jimin wanted to protest, but knew that it would change nothing. He sighed, opening his mouth.

Jungkook smiled like a proud mother as he watched the other slowly chew.

“That's my Chim Chim”

Jimin glared, hating how easily his boyfriend controlled him, but loving it at the same time. Jungkook smiled back.

“Alright! Let's eat!” 

 

……

 

“Oh my god, I'm so full” Jimin whined, slowly taking a seat on the couch. Jungkook put away the final dish in the sink and joined him.

“I can't believe we actually ate it all” The shorter continued.

Jungkook laughed.

“You ate like two thirds of it by yourself”

Jimin blushed.

“Shut up”

The taller smiled.

“That's not a bad thing, I love watching you eat. At this rate, maybe I can get my dumpling cheeks back” He joked, pinching the other’s cheeks.

Jimin pushed his hands away jokingly.

“You're such an ” He said, knowing that he didn't mean it.

For the next hour both boys lounged in the living room, engaging themselves in pointless chit chat and catching up with each other. It was something Jimin had really missed doing, spending quality lazy time with his boyfriend.

Jungkook looked at the time.

7:30 it read.

“It's getting late” He pointed out.

“Hate to be the party pooper but I'm kinda tired”

Jimin smiled, running a hand through the hair of his lover, whose head was now resting on his lap.

“I'm sure you are. Let's go take a bath”

Jungkook sat up.

“Ya, good idea” He grinned as he stood up

“Can't believe it's been two months since I saw my Chim Chim ”

Jimin flushed, smacking the other boy.

“Get your mind out of the gutter or we'll be taking a bath separately”

 

...........

Jimin had been right, a bath had been exactly what they had both needed. Jungkook sighed as his lover's hands expertly massaged his scalp. He leaned his head back against Jimin's chest, smiling as the shorter's hands found their way down his.

Jimin tried not to marvel at how solid his boyfriend's chest was.

“I'm starting to question how I survived those two months without you.” Jungkook whispered. Jimin chuckled, placing his chin on top of the other's head.

“I'm serious. Everyday I couldn't stop thinking about you” Jungkook continued, absent mindedly playing with the shorter's petite fingers.

“Same” Jimin muttered, closing his eyes. He was already beginning to feel drowsy and he knew it was probably a good idea to leave the bath soon.

Jungkook sat up, both boys immediately feeling the loss of contact.

“You're falling asleep. I can feel it from your breathing”

Jimin shook his head, a yawn betraying him.

Jungkook smiled.

“let's go to bed”

 

…………

Jimin yawned once more, struggling to pull on his pajama pants due to lack of coordination. He was sleep deprived alright.

Jungkook tried not to laugh as the other began to fumble with his shirt, missing a button and buttoning the remaining a spot down.

“What are you looking so entertained for?” Jimin asked. He looked down groggily at himself and immediately got the answer. He sighed.

“Whatever, the buttons”

This time Jungkook did laugh. He pulled the shorter towards him, fixing the buttons himself. Jimin watched him work, eyeing the features of his lover up close. Jungkook caught his gaze on him, and in an unexpected moment, brought their lips together for a chaste kiss.

Jimin immediately seemed awake, his cheeks tinting red.

Jungkook smirked

“Kay let's go to bed” He said, slapping the other's .

“Hey, hands to yourself” Jimin sternly said, a mock look of disapproval on his face.

Jungkook stuck his tongue out, flopping unto the bed.

“Ya, real mature”

Jimin climbed on the bed as well, moving closer to his boyfriend who immediately wrapped a hand around his waist.

He pulled the blanket over them both, snuggling closer.

“Man, two months have never felt so long before”

Jimin looked up at the other's words.

“Don't ever go away for that long again. Or at least take me with you”

Jungkook laughed, planting a kiss on the shorter's temple.

“Alright”

 

“Promise?” Jimin interjected, already feeling his eyelids drift shut.

 

“Promise”

 

Jungkook’s voice was almost a whisper as he too felt himself get pulled into the world of dreams.

 

“Good”

 

 

 

A/N

Well that wasn't cheesy at all