Valentine Special.

kookmin (jikook) one shots

A/N

Remember the flower shop fic? 

 

 

“So, what do you recommend?”

Jimin looked down at the two flower bouquets placed before him, eyebrows furrowing with concentration. 

“Personally I think this would be more fitting, but I'm sure she'll like it either way.” He gently advised, pointing to the flower arrangement on his left. The man before him sighed. 

“Man, this whole Valentine thing is hard.” He mumbled and Jimin chuckled. He couldn't agree more. The holiday was on the next day, and the shop was gradually getting busier each hour. He counted the change for the man, a huff leaving his lips when he heard the shop doors ring once again. He plastered on his welcoming smile as his gaze travels to the door, lips immediately widening once he got a glimpse of the ‘customer’. 

“Ah Jungkook.”

The said man smiled back, walking over to the counter with long strides. 

“Shift ended early?” Jimin asked, aware that the other man wasn't supposed to be done for about another hour. 

“Nah, business is really slow today so I decided to ditch.” Jungkook answered, leaning against the counter nonchalantly. Jimin gasped.

“You can't just do that!” He exclaimed, hitting the taller man's shoulder playfully. Jungkook chuckled. 

“It's okay, Yoongi’s in there. He'll be fine by himself.”

Jimin rolled his eyes. Ever since that day- about a month ago- when the tattoo artist walked into his shop in search of ‘inspiration’, his visitings had become more frequent. But of course It wasn't like Jimin minded- since he'd highkey been sporting a crush on the taller man since day one. 

Both men had become incredibly fond of each other and much to his pleasure, Jimin had come to find that Jungkook was a lot more sweet than he looked. He'd come in after his shifts or on his day off sometimes and help out around the store, doing pretty much everything that involved manual labour- Jimin may or may not entertain himself by internally swooning over the younger man's incredible build. But it was nice having Jungkook around, he was funny and nice, not to mention devilishly handsome (what else could he ask for?) 

“Need any help?” 

Jimin broke himself out of his thoughts, looking up at the said person who'd just been haunting his thoughts. He rose a brow. 

“So you ditch work to come do more work?” He teased and Jungkook shrugged a small smirk on his face. 

“Anything for you sweetheart.” 

Jimin blushed. That was the only problem with Jungkook. He was a huge flirt- Jimin got that on their first meeting -and he wasn't really sure what to think about. A part of him wanted to believe that his flirtations actually held meaning, while the other was aware of the possibility that it was just part of the taller’s personality. Sometimes when he was in a good mood he'd flirt back, but today wasn't one of those days, as he instead rolled his eyes. 

“The irises in the back need flowering.” He mumbled, looking down to hide his flushed cheeks. He swore he heard the other chuckle. 

“Alright.” Jungkook answered, trying not to smile at the smaller man’s cuteness. 

“When you're done there's a new shipment of Magnolias coming in, I need you to help me bring it in.”

Jungkook sighed exaggeratedly

“Wow, you're totally planning on overworking me aren't you?” He whined and Jimin grinned. 

“You're the one who decided to ditch work to help me, might as well make the most of it.”

Jungkook chuckled. 

“fair enough.”

 

………………

 

“Did you do it yet?”

Jungkook groaned once more into the phone. 

“For ’s sake Yoongi, I just got here.” He hissed, giving the iris petals a few more sprays of water. The man on the other side of the phone sounded unamused. 

“Well I didn't let you out an hour early for no progress. How hard is it to ask someone out anyways?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. 

“You wouldn't know seeing as you're as single as they get.” He shot back. Yoongi scoffed from the other side. 

“Love is for the weak.” He muttered. 

“What are you doing anyways?” He added, earning a sad sigh from Jungkook. 

“Watering Irises.” 

Yoongi snorted loudly from the end of the line. 

“Whipped.”

“Hey, hey, it's all part of the plan.” Jungkook defended. 

“You mean the one that doesn't exist?” Yoongi retorted. 

“Ya that one..”

“Look Jungkook you're probably just stressing yourself over this. Just ask the kid out for coffee or something.”

Jungkook huffed, opening his mouth to rebute. 

“Kookie!”

A high pitched voice with which he'd become familiar with, called out to him. He turned, a small grin on his face. 

“Ah, Sunha.”

The little girl ran up to him and Jungkook muttered a quick ‘I'll talk to you later” to Yoongi, before cutting off the line. 

“Are you staying for the afternoon?” He asked, lifting her effortlessly unto his side. She giggled. 

“Yes, Mommy’s going shopping and she's going to let me stay here.”

He ahhed, shoving his phone into his pocket. 

“Hey Kookie?”

Jungkook hummed, facing the little girl.

“Can you help me?” Sunha asked, a small pleading pout on her lips. Jungkook rose a brow. 

“With what?”

Sunha sighed, wiggling out of his grip before disappearing back in the direction she'd run from. Seconds later she returned sporting a pink backpack over her small shoulders. She ped the bag, spilling the contents over unto the ground and Jungkook watched as various coloured paper, glue sticks, pencil crayons and a bunch of other art supplies landed on the ground. 

“It's Valentine's tomorrow and because I love everyone, I'm making cards for the whole class.”

Jungkook blinked. Right. Valentines. 

“Oh.” He mumbled. 

“And you want me to help?”

Sunha nodded. 

“I was going to ask Chim chim to do it but he looks busy and you're here so…” Jungkook chuckled. 

“Okay then, how many kids in your class?”

Sunha clapped excitedly.

“24” She chirped and Jungkook nodded. Oh well, there was nothing wrong with coming up with a plan to ask Jimin out over pink cards and glitter. 

“let's do it.”

 

…………..

 

“Kookie! You’re gluing it upside down.”

Jungkook blinked down at the pink heart he didn’t realise he’d been about to glue upside down.

“Oh, sorry” He mumbled, earning a huff from Sunha

“Honestly, you’re so bad at this.” She said, taking the card away from him.

 

“Oh, so here’s where you two have been all day.”

 

Both Jungkook and Sunha turned towards Jimin, who had somehow managed to sneak up on them without being heard. He crouched down beside the two, observing the pink and glittery mess on the ground.

“What’s all this for?” He asked, carefully picking out a piece of red paper out of Sunha’s hair.

“They’re Valentines for my class. Kookie is helping me make them.”

Jimin nodded with understanding, sending a small smile Jungkook’s way. The taller man smiled back, hoping his face didn’t show just how much of a mess that small smile was making him inside. 

“Well that’s awfully sweet of him, but your mom’ll be here soon so two should probably clean up.”

Sunha nodded, already shoving her glue sticks into her bag. A ding rang through the room and Jimin exhaled loudly.

“Well, more customers. Makes sure you guy’s clean up okay?” He said, dusting his hands off on his apron. Jungkook watched as the shorter man walked away, somewhat entranced by the slight sway of the other’s hips.

“Well I think that’s it!” Sunha exclaimed, arranging the cards neatly atop each other.

“25 cards in total” She added, holding the stack up proudly.

“I thought you said there are 24 students in your class?”

Sunha giggled, looking through the stack for a particular card. When she found what she was looking for, she held out a particularly glitter coated red card in the shape of a heart. 

“There are. This one’s for you.”

Jungkook looked down at the card, staring at the neatly written words that the little girl had made him scribble on all the cards.

 

Will you be my Valentines?

 

He smiled, looking up at the little girl.

“Thanks.”

However, much to his surprise the little girl only rolled her eyes.

“It’s not for you you. It’s for you to give to Chim chim.” 

Jungkook blinked. Say what?

As if hearing his thoughts, the little girl sighed, shoving the rest of the cards into her backpack.

“You like Chim chim don’t you?”

Jungook’s eyes widened comically, finally registering her words. Sunha giggled.

 

“Sunha?”

 

Sunha’s mother’s voice called from the front of the shop and the little girl stood up, dusting off her pants.

“Just give him the card. I’m sure he’ll like it. I know because..” She leaned closer, hands shielding as she whispered into his ear.

“I think he likes you too.” 

And like that the girl was pulling back, adjusting her backpack and sending Jungkook a small ‘fighting’ before running off.

Jungkook remained on the ground, an incredulous look on his face as he stared down at the pink card.

 

…………..

 

“Aish honestly I told you guy’s to clean up.” Jimin complained, crouching down to pick up the scrap pieces of paper on the ground. Jungkook mirrored the action, helping the other man clean up. It was getting dark out by now, and he knew Jimin would be locking up soon. It was now or never.

 

“Jimin.”

 

Jimin looked up, bang’s falling into his eyes in a way that made Jungkook itch to push them aside for him.

“Hmm?” Jimin hummed.

“Huh…” 

Suddenly Jungkook realised that he had nothing planned. Come on Jungkook, it’s just a date, you can do this. You flirt with him all the time anyways, what’s so different about this!!! Just ask him out to like coffee or something…

“Jungkook?”

Jungkook blinked himself out of his panic, chuckling nervously at the look of concern he was getting.

“Nevermind.” He muttered.

“Oh.” Jimin said, and he could have sworn he heard a tint of disappointment in his voice. 

“I think I should go now, my stuff’s still at the parlor…”

Jimin nodded, looking down.

“Ya. Thanks for all your help.”

Jungkook nodded back, scratching the back of his head as he mumbled a quiet ‘no problem’

“See you tomorrow then?” Jimin asked quietly.

“Ya. See you tomorrow.”

 

………………..

 

“AAAAAGGGHHH” Jungkook screamed into the couch pillow, the fabric doing little to muffle the sound.

“Lemme guess, he said no?”

Jungkook sat up, chucking the pillow at Yoongi- who easily dodged it.

“No, that’s not what happened.” He whined childishly.

“Second try. You chickened out and didn’t ask him?”

Jungkook groaned, throwing his head back against the headrest. Yoongi chuckled.

“Well to be you. Help me clean up so we can lock up.” He said, eyeing the other up with disinterest.

“Such a trashy friend.” Jungkook scowled at no one in particular.

“Whatever.” Was the other’s only response.

 

…………….

 

“Why the is it so chilly today?” Yoongi complained, hugging himself with his oversized jacket. In normal cases, Jungkook would have laughed at his suffering, but right now he couldn’t really care less. He groaned, the sound enough to pull Yoongi’s attention to him.

“Stop pouting like a kid. Just ask him tomorrow, it’s Valentine's anyways, so more romance and .”

Jungkook only groaned once more, stuffing his hands into his pockets in annoyance. However, when his hands came to rest on the thin surface of what felt like paper, his eyes widened. He stopped in his tracks and Yoongi was forced to do the same, sending a questioning look his way.

“Hyung…”

Yoongi rose a brow.

 

“Do you have a pen?”

 

 

………….

 

Jimin yawned, rubbing his eyes sleepily as his other hand fumbled with the keys. He was at work much earlier than usual, but it was Valentine’s and that meant more customers. He really needed to get more workers in the shop. The thought of workers alone was enough to pull him back into the events of the night before, when Jungkook had looked like he’d had something to say. Jimin couldn’t help feeling stupid for hoping it’d been something….well, stupid. He shook his head from the thought. Jungkook was just really nice, he needed to stop assuming things.

The door of the shop finally opened with a click and he huffed, pushing it open. As soon as the door was opened he yelped, feeling the small weight of something land on his head. He jumped back, whatever it was flitting down onto the ground. His eyes followed the slow movements of a..….card? 

Jimin blinked at the embarrassingly obvious glitter coated heart that now lay before his feet. Perhaps it was an admirer, but quite frankly it looked like the work of a child. He looked around, as if whoever owned it would just randomly show up, but other than the two girls chatting away a storm down the sidewalk, the street was empty.

“Okay…” He mumbled to himself, hesitantly crouching down to pick the small piece of paper up. He turned the card over a couple times, internally cringing at all the pink glitter, before deciding to open it. 

The inside was just as badly decorated as the outside, but it wasn’t the excessive amount of hearts drawn in it that made Jimin freeze. His eyes widened as he reread the words over and over again in his head, just to be sure they were real.

 

Will you be my (*scribbled in messy ink* ‘and mine alone’ )Valentines?

 

*In even messier ink* Perhaps over a cup of coffee? I’m thinking after your shift tomorrow. You know, if you want.

From: Kookie

To: Chim chim

 

*Also in messy ink* PS: The glitter was all Sunha.

 

Jimin continued to stare at the messy writing, feeling like it was all too good to be true.

 

“I really can’t tell if that’s a positive reaction or not..”

 

He jumped a bit at the sudden voice, head snapping to the side to catch a glimpse of the person behind him. He was sure his face must have been the same colour as the red card in his hand by the time he actually made eye contact with Jungkook.

“Hey.” Jungkook said lamely. When he didn’t answer, he continued.

“Figured you’d be here early cause you know...Valentines. I was going to ask yesterday but I kinda panicked so..”

Jimin continued to stare. He could glimpse parts of the other man’s tattoos peeking out from the collar of his shirt and finally he looked down.

“O-oh” Jungkook stuttered.

“Is that a no?”

Jimin chuckled, looking up to reveal the huge grin he was sure was plastered on his face.

“No. Coffee would be really nice actually.” He answered, eyes darting everywhere but on the taller.

“Oh thank goodness, I was hoping I didn’t just sell my pride off for nothing.” Jungkook joked, a grin splitting his face as well. Jimin laughed.

“Are you talking about the card? I think it’s beautiful.” He cooed, placing the folded paper over his heart exaggeratedly. Jungkook chuckled.

“I guess that makes it fitted for you.”

Jimin fake gagged, face still flushing despite the act.

“You’re so gross. Get your bum in here before customers start coming.” He joked, holding the door open. Jungkook laughed, walking into the shop. 

Jimin giggled.

 

Well this Valentine just got a whole lot better.

 

 

A/N

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ALL YOU KOOKMIN TRASH