Suspect?

kookmin (jikook) one shots

 

"It's been a week and we still haven't been able to get a lead on this case. It's honestly becoming kind of frustrating” 

Jungkook watched with little interest as steam rose through the cap of his coffee cup. 

“Maybe we should leave this one to the higher ups then” He answered, turning to face the man beside him who was now exhaling a cloud of smoke. Jungkook scrunched his nose at the action, still not used to the smell.

“Nah, this is a local matter. I doubt the higher ups would even give the file a second glance”

His eyes caught on a woman walking by, catching the wary look she sent their way. He couldn't blame her, the sight of two grown men dressed in dark clothing and hanging around in a dark alleyway must have looked suspicious.

Jungkook sighed, taking a sip out of his drink. The smell of smoke continued to infiltrate his nostrils and he growled, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Gosh Namjoon, I thought you said you were finally gonna quit smoking?” 

He heard Namjoon groan.

“It's harder than it looks man. Plus with all the extra stress from this dumb drug case, It's hard not to reach for the packet.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes

“Why’d you take the job then?”

Namjoon sighed.

“I wasn't gonna leave it in the hands of that irresponsible Yoongi”

A loud ring cut through the air and both men turned towards the noise. Namjoon reached for his phone.

“Speak of the devil”

Jungkook chuckled.

“Hey Yoongi, what's up? Any developments on the case?”

Jungkook could practically hear the other's bored tone from the other end.

“Mmh, I see. We'll start making our way back”

Namjoon cut the line, using the wall to kill the lit cigarette before tossing it in the nearby trashcan. He shoved his hands in his pocket, pulling his hood up.

Jungkook rose a brow.

Namjoon smirked.

“It would seem that after a week of investigating this ridiculous case, we've finally gotten a lead”

Jungkooks eyes widened.

“Really?”

Namjoon nodded.

“In fact Yoongi should be bringing him back to the station right now”

Jungkook’s brows furrowed

Him?

 

………………

“We found him lurking around in the designated investigation area”

Namjoon massaged his temples

“And he hasn't said anything?”

The green haired man in front of them shook his head.

“Nah, kept acting like he didn't know anything”

Namjoon looked like he was ready to punch a hole into the wall.

“Yoongi, I swear if you just brought a poor innocent man from off the street-”

Yoongi waved the other's words off.

“I'm not saying he's definitely guilty, but it's worth investigating. We’d heard rumors from nearby gangs that the Rens were meeting up again today at the abandoned chapel. We got there to investigate this afternoon but it seemed like someone already warned them ahead of time cause no one showed up. We were just gonna leave it at that till Tae spotted the kid snooping around. It's an abandoned chapel Namjoon, what's not suspicious about a random kid just chilling there?”

“You keep saying kid..” Jungkook finally piped in. Yoongi nodded.

“Yup, he looks like he's fresh out of highschool or something”

Jungkook was surprised. 

“That's awfully young to be getting involved with the Ren”

Yoongi shrugged.

“Still worth investigating. Plus this kid is quite the piece of work. He's certainly not shy and he's got a way with words too”

Jungkook was about to ask the shorter what he meant when..

“Gah!! He's so frustrating!!!!”

All three men turned to face the blonde that stormed into the room.

Yoongi smirked.

“See?”

“What's wrong Tae?” Namjoon asked.

“That kid! It's impossible to talk to him. I'm just ugh” Taehyung threw his hands up.

Yoongi coughed

“As you can see, Taehyung has been trying to interrogate him as we waited for you, but… that hasn't been going well”

Namjoon huffed.

“Fine, I'll go talk to him myself”

Taehyung shook his head

“Um, no way. You'll only try to punch him like Yoongi over here”

Jungkook widened his eyes

“You tried to punch a highschooler?”

The other man shrugged, looking like he couldn't give less of a .

“Then Jungkook should go. He's the most level headed one out of all of us”

They all turned to face the said person and Jungkook sighed, knowing he couldn't turn them down

“Fine. How bad could one high school kid be?”

……………….

 

Jungkook took another look at the boy seated on the other side of the one way glass. 

“He doesn't look that bad”

The kid really didn't. His gaze was glued to the ceiling and he seemed to be deep in thought. He had orange hair that fell carelessly over his eyes, complementing the pink of his plump lips.

“Right” Yoongi’s sarcastic voice pulled Jungkook out of his thoughts.

“I'm making Taehyung do a background check on him. We'll try and get the file to you before the interrogation comes to an end”

Jungkook nodded, making his way to the door.

“Good luck” were the last words he heard before he shut the door behind him.

Jungkook turned to face the table at the centre of the room. The boy's eyes were wide for a second, as if he was alarmed by the presence of the other. Jungkook actually thought it was kind of cute, well until those lips formed into a smirk. 

The boy let out a whistle, his eyes running up and down Jungkook’s body in a way that made the officer raise a brow.

“Wow, not bad. I didn't think this rundown old station would have workers that were this easy on the eyes”

Jungkook chose to ignore the remark, instead taking a seat before the boy.

The said boy tilted his head with mock innocence. 

“Are you also going to try to punch me, or yell at me like those other two?”

Jungkook sighed, leaning against his chair.

“No I'm not”

The boys lips stretched into an impressed smile

“Woah, your voice is y too”

Jungkook once again chose to ignore the comment, instead shooting the shorter boy an unimpressed look. He reached into his pocket, bringing out a small notepad and a pencil.

“Can I get a name?”

Jungkook twirled the pencil around his fingers as he watched the other slowly decide whether he wanted to answer or not.

“Jimin” The boy finally said. 

“Park Jimin”

Jungkook nodded. Getting a name was progress. 

“Well Jimin. Our officers say they spotted you trespassing on unauthorized property”

Jimin rolled his eyes.

“Does that include the same officer that tried to punch me?”

Jungkook clenched his jaw

“I apologize for that earlier display of violence, that usually doesn't happen”

Jimin smiled, waving away the comment

“So, are you guys going to keep me in custody? I mean, usually I'd mind, but if it's you then you're allowed to arrest me any day” He said, his voice sultry.

Jungkook didn't flinch, once again choosing to ignore the other.

“Were you, or were you not at the abandoned chapel on fifth street this afternoon?”

Jimin pouted at the other's lack of interest. 

“Fine, I was, but it had nothing to do with whatever Ran that those guys were talking about”

“Ren” Jungkook corrected, Jimin shrugged. 

“Then why were you at the Chapel?”

The boy grinned, interlacing his fingers and resting his head atop of them.

“Not telling~”

Jungkook rose a brow.

“You can't withhold information from the police”

Jimin tilted his head

“Aren't you too young to be in the police? You barely look my age”

While Jungkook did notice the blatant avoidance of the topic at hand he couldn't help the response that followed.

“Your age? I'm quite certain I graduated high school a while ago”

Jimin’s frown furrowed, a wary expression on his face.

“What exactly are you implying?”

Jungkook rubbed his temple

“listen kid-”

“Kid?!” Jimin exclaimed

“I'm 21!”

Jungkook stared blankly at the man in front of him. After a brief pause he chuckled.

“You're hilarious”

The other narrowed his eyes in a way that suggested that he was serious.

Jungkook mouthed a surprised “oh” and Jimin huffed.

“Seriously are all police officers this rude?”

The officer was about to reply when the interrogation door was slowly opened, cutting him off mid word. Taehyung awkwardly walked in.

“The file” He mumbled, handing Jungkook a yellow folder. Jungkook opened it up, eyes scanning the information on the first page. His eyes landed on the birthday section, just as Taehyung whispered- quite loudly too- into his ear.

“He's the same age as me! Can you believe it?”

“I’M SITTING RIGHT HERE” Jimin exclaimed.

Jungkook glared at his colleague. Who the hell whispered that loud?

Taehyung coughed awkwardly, bowing to them both before making his way out the door.

Jungkook turned back to face Jimin, surprised to see that the younger looked genuinely offended. He sighed, closing the file.

“No need to look so offended, there's nothing wrong with looking young”

Jimin huffed, standing up slowly.

“But there is something wrong with holding an innocent man in custody” He said, crossing his arms in a way that was nowhere near intimidating.

Jungkook rose as well, delighting in the way the shorter's eyes widened as the officer towered over him. He smirked.

“Park Jimin, you're proving extremely difficult right now you know that?”

Jimin tried to look defiant, but the height difference did nothing to aid his case. Jungkook was nearly tempted to laugh. 

After a long pause ensued between the two- one which was spent in an intense staredown- Jungkook nodded as if he'd made a decision.

“Alright. I guess we'll just have to let you off on this one”

Jimin’s eyes widened.

“Seriously?”

Jungkook nodded. It wasn't like he was making a wrong decision, while Jimin could have easily been lying about not knowing about the Ren, he could also easily have been telling the truth.

“But that's only if you tell me what you were doing at the chapel this afternoon”

Jimin’s shoulders sagged and the other could see his resolve break.

“Fine.” He said, sitting back down.

“I was dancing

Jungkook rose a brow

“Dancing?”

Jimin nodded, looking away with a hint of what Jungkook believed was embarrassment.

"It's where I usally go to practice on my free time. I had no idea there was some sketchy stuff going on there"

The officer leaned back on his chair, eyeing the man before him with mild interest.

“You dance?”

Jimin scoffed, finally facing him again.

“ I already told you what I was doing. Now you gotta keep your end of the deal.”

Jungkook nodded at the shorter's words, scribbling something down on his notepad. 

“Ya, you're right” He looked up at the other

“But why the Chapel though?”

Jimin glared.

“Ugh, that's not your business. Seriously your persistency is getting in the way of your good looks”

Jungkook chuckled.

“Alright, alright. I won't question why you were dancing in an abandoned chapel at broad daylight”

Jimin scoffed, shaking his head.

“I don't know what or who you guys are looking for, but I'm not your guy”

Jungkook nodded.

“I believe you. Now it's only a matter of if the other officers will”

Jimin sighed

“I have to go through this again?”

Jungkook shook his head.

“Not if you cooperate”

The shorter huffed.

“I did cooperate, I told you what I was doing!!”

Jungkook smirked, picking up the file as he left his seat.

“Hey, what are you doing?”

The officer shrugged. 

“Going for my lunch break”

Jimin’s eyes widened

“You're not seriously gonna leave me here are you?”

Jungkook’s smirk widened as he made his way to the door. Jimin gaped.

“Hey-” His words were cut off by the slamming of the door. After the brief moment that he took him to recover from shock, he scoffed.

“It's always the hot ones”

 

..................

...................

 

Three days had passed since the interrogation and Namjoon wasn’t the only frustrated one anymore. Practically the whole station was done with the Ren case. The dumb drug gang was practically taunting them, leaving littles clues that always just brought them back to point zero. 

Jungkook especially was starting to get fed up. He glared accusingly at the carton of milk in his hands as if it was the one responsible for all his sorrows. With a sigh he realised what he was doing, wondering how silly he must look. He chucked the carton into his basket. Now all he needed was sugar and he was set to go.

He huffed, he really needed to do some proper shopping soon so he wouldn't have to keep waking up this early in the morning to an empty fridge. This was the second time this week he'd had to walk over to the convenience store for stuff.

His eyes sagged as he spotted what he was looking for across the hall. Sluggishly he made his way there, running a hand through his already messy bed hair.

His tummy growled.

“Well someone’s upset”

Jungkook heard the voice, but his brain was much too sluggish to realise that it was nearby, or that it was directed at him. His eyes were still glued on the box of sugar cubes in front of him, hands reaching for it. He froze, fingers barely grazing the box, as he felt something poke his abs. He turned slowly. 

“Good morning~”

Were it not for the fact that it was only 7 in the morning and both his reflexes and brain signals were a little slow, Jungkook would have yelped in surprise or at least thrown a punch when he found his face three centimeters from the very familiar features of the man before him. Instead, his eyes travelled down to where a tiny finger was still poking at his abs.

His gazed travelled up once more, once again facing the wide grin that was plastered on the other's face as he pushed away strands of orange hair from his eyes.

“You should feed him you know. He sounded really upset just now” the short man said, still poking at his abdomen.

It took a few more seconds for the situation to click in.

“What the ?” was all he was able to mutter. He moved back, expression a mix of confusion, annoyance and alarm.

The other man laughed

“Close, it's actually Jimin. Remember? You tried to arrest me for doing nothing”

Jungkook blinked and Jimin feigned a hurt expression. 

“What? You don't remember? Even after the great time we had in the interrogation room?”

Jungkook’s eyes narrowed. He did remember, it was just too early for all this . He threw the box of sugar into his basket, turning to leave. Of course he was once again forced to stop as he heard the low thud of an item falling into his basket. 

Jungkook stared down at the small gummy bear filled container that now sat atop his box of sugar. He looked up at Jimin, an eyebrow raised. The other shrugged.

“Been craving them for days. I was gonna buy them till I realised that I left my wallet at home” Jimin grinned.

“Good thing I ran into you”

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak, but remembering just how difficult this person could be, he kept quiet. The last thing he needed was to get so annoyed to the point of wanting to punch the other (, Yoongi was rubbing off on him).

Jimin clapped happily as he watched the other make his way to the cashier-who was now watching them with mild interest. 

“Good morning” The woman at the counter chirped. Jungkook grumbled a response, receiving an elbow to the stomach. 

“Don't be rude, she's greeting you”

Jungkook held his stomach, eyes wide as he turned to face Jimin who was now smiling at the counter. 

“Don't mind him, he's just hungry. Good morning, we'll take these” He said, unloading the contents of his basket onto the counter.

The lady's smile widened for some reason as she began scanning the items.

“That'll be $11.25” She said, watching Jungkook reach for his wallet. The taller handed her the money, collecting the grocery bag from her. He reached into the bag and pulled out the gummy bears, handing it to Jimin who was practically bouncing up and down with excitement (who the hell had that much energy at 7 in the morning?).

“Thank you” Jimin cooed, smiling sweetly up at him. A sound that sounded like a squeal escaped the cashiers lips and both boys turned to face her. She flushed.

“Sorry, I'm just a huge romantic so when I get couples as sweet as you guys in here I just can't”

Jungkook blinked and Jimin could practically see the wheels turning in his head. He laughed, man he’s a mess in the morning, he thought.

“Ah I see, thanks” He said to cashier, hooking an arm around Jungkook’s. He looked up at the taller.

“let's go baby”

Things finally clicked into Jungkook's head, but before he could say anything he was already being dragged out of the store.

“Have a nice day” Jimin called out to the cashier, who waved back.

They stopped at the front of the store, the glass door shutting behind them. Jimin was laughing.

“She thought we were a couple”

Jungkook glared at the shorter

“And you didn't tell her otherwise?"

Jimin smirked

“Why would I? Who doesn't want a hot boyfriend? By the way that bed hair totally works for you”

Jungkook continued to stare at the shorter, trying to figure out whether this was really happening or not. Jimin smiled, popping open the gummy bear cap.

“Here” He said, holding up a red gummy bear to the taller.

“As a thank you”

Jungkook shook his head.

“I don't take sweets in the morning”

Jimin rolled his eyes.

“Fine” He mumbled, popping the candy into his mouth.

“Your loss” He turned to leave, pulling up the sleeves of his two sizes too big sweater, when suddenly he stopped. 

“Jungkook right?”

Jungkook was about to ask how he knew, when the older clarified

“I heard one of the other officers call you that”

Jungkook sighed. Probably Tae with his big mouth.

“Well, see ya. Let's hope we run into each other more often”

“Ya let's hope not” Jungkook mumbled, but Jimin merely rolled his eyes, chewing on another gummy bear as he began walking off.

Jungkook stood still for awhile, watching the shorter's retreating back. His eyes unconsciously trailed down. Wow, he has a nice . Jungkook's eyes widened as he realised what he'd just thought. He shook his head.

“get your head out of the gutter man”

This was exactly why he hated mornings.

 

....................

....................

 

“We are not going to mess this up” Namjoon's gaze was intense as his eyes practically bore into those of the small group gathered around him.

“Sorry can you explain everything one more time?”

Everyone groaned as they turned to glare at Taehyung. 

“What? I zoned out a little”

Yoongi rolled his eyes

“Can we just leave him behind?”

Namjoon shook his head.

“Unfortunately no, we can't”

Taehyung pouted

“so rude”

“Listen” Namjoon began.

“We've got reason to believe that the Ren’s 2nd in command is meeting up the leader of another out of town gang for a truce, tonight at the blood pub”

Taehyung gasped

“So we're going clubbing??!!!”

Namjoon glared.

“No. Jungkook and I are going clubbing. You're staying with Yoongi to survey the surrounding areas of the pub, just in case this is another hoax”

Taehyung’s face fell

“What? Why do you guys get to have fun while we're stuck with surveillance?”

Namjoon looked like he was ready to slap the blonde. 

“Because we're the two people in this team that are the least likely to slack off. Plus we're not going there to have fun, we're going to be on the lookout for suspicious activity the whole time”

Taehyung continued to pout, but didn't say anything.

“Alright. You guys stay here and gather equipments before heading over there. We'll meet you there in two hours”

The group nodded, dispersing in their pairs.

“Go get changed” Namjoon said to Jungkook. The officer rose a brow

“Why?”

Namjoon huffed

“You're not going into a club dressed as a police officer”

Jungkook mouthed an oh

“That's why I said we'd meet in two hours, so we have time to get ready. You should start heading home. I'll pick you up whenever you're ready”

Jungkook nodded, making his way out the room. He'd honestly only ever been clubbing twice and both times he'd been dragged by irresponsible friends. Both times he'd also had a terrible time. The music was always too loud and all the people were either , drunk or both. He sighed.

What do you even wear to go clubbing?

Jungkook shook his head. He was technically still on stakeout so maybe things would be better this time.

..................

 
 

Going to the club was just as bad as Jungkook remembered. The music was blasting at an incredibly high volume and the entire building was stuffy due to the ridiculous amount of people packed in it. He knew he was supposed to be surveying the area, but he was quite content with just situating himself in his corner.

 

His phone vibrated in his left pocket and he reached for it, already aware that it was probably Namjoon.

 

He stared down at the device.

 

Nam: any progress upstairs Jungkook?

 

Jungkook texted back reply to the group chat.

 

Kookie: Nah, you?

 

Nam: Nah. Yoongi? Tae?

 

Yoongi: Nothing here. Taehyung fell asleep

 

Jungkook shook his head, of course the blonde had fallen asleep, they'd been waiting for two hours now, yet nothing peculiar had happened.

 

Kookie: Should we call it a day?

 

Nam: Let's wait for another 45 minutes

 

Yoongi: This

 

Nam: Yeah

 

Jungkook put his phone back in his pocket. He could wait another 45 minutes. He sighed, deciding that maybe he'd look around once more, just in case. He pushed himself off the wall, stepping out of the shadows into the bright lights streaming from the ceiling. He shuffled through the large crowd, head hung low so he didn't call any attention to himself.

 

It took him a while to realise that the bodies around him had stopped moving, and it took him even longer to realise that the loud music was slowly dying down.

 

“It's starting” Someone whispered. Jungkook’s brows furrowed, his eyes tracing the gazes of the people around him till it came to land on a stage.

 

Since when was that there? He wondered, trying to push through the crowd.

 

The lights all suddenly turned off and Jungkook cursed as he bumped into someone.

 

“watch where you're going!” A gruff voice exclaimed, but he ignored the comment, attention now on the dull blue spotlight that now shone down unto the stage.

 

There was a body huddled underneath the light, and Jungkook squinted his eyes to try and see better. The room was now dead silent and a high piano chord cut through the air. The body in the middle of the light was completely motionless to the point that Jungkook began to worry that he'd gotten himself caught in some weird club ritual. That is until the body began to move.

 

At first Jungkook was really creeped out as he watched the body start to rise with slow zombie like movements, but that was until another loud chord was played and the body, with incredible force, threw its head back.

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he watched orange strands fall back into the eyes of the man on stage.

 

The crowd had gone wild at this point, but Jungkook could hardly be bothered as a gasp escaped his lips.

 

“Jimin?”

 

Almost as if he'd heard his name, the man on stage’s eyes came to rest on his. Jimin’s eyes widened momentarily before quickly adopting a smirk. He was dressed in a blank tank top, overlapped with a netted blouse. His leather pants hugged his legs in sinful ways and Jungkook couldn't help but swallow.

 

As if he'd sensed the action, Jimin's smirk widened and he ran a hand through his hair, arching his neck in a way that put his collarbones on full display. The crowd once again turned wild.

 

Jungkook averted his gaze.

 

“You're here for work” He reminded himself, turning to leave. He wished he'd tried to leave faster as the music immediately sped up, freezing him. But it wasn’t the fast paced techno music that was keeping him in place. No, it was the orange haired man on the stage, or more precisely the movements of the man on the stage.

 

Jungkook was rendered motionless, speechless and thoughtless as he watched Jimin move his body to the music. His eyes traced the shorter's body, marveling at the way his clothes stretched over his skin in ways that made the officers imagination go wild. Jungkook finally looked away, not willing to accept the fact that he was a little .

 

Namjoon’s text hovered in his mind.

 

45 minutes

 

He shook his head

 

“focus” He mumbled to himself, pushing his way through the the crowd. He'd just look around one more time then he'll go join Namjoon downstairs.

 

The club grounds were huge, separated into two separate floors that each contained about 3 main rooms, packed to the brim with bodies. Along the walls of the main dance centres were smaller rooms, some he assumed led to washrooms and others,  judging by the sounds coming from them, bedrooms. The setup resembled more of an highschool house party or a school rave than an actual club, except for the random bars strewn here and there.

 

In summary, the place was huge and by the time Jungkook was done surveying the area, 15 minutes had already passed. He was once again reminded about why he hated clubbing, as in that short period of time 11 different people had approached him, each one either trying to coax him onto the dance floor, or into a bedroom.

 

He sighed, finding himself back in the original room he'd been in. Unconsciously he looked around.  The stage was still there but this time a band was playing and the lights were back on,everyone having resumed their dancing. Jungkook began making his way to the back corner of the room.

 

“Well hello there” A sultry voice held him in place. For a moment his mind immediately believed it to belong to a certain someone, but as he looked up to face a grinning woman, face caked with thick coatings of make up, he tried not to look disappointed. Wait,disappointed?

 

“Are you here alone?”

 

Jungkook felt a little irritated, eyebrows furrowing as the woman traced a nail polished finger over his bare biceps. Man he was regretting going sleeveless.

 

“No he's not. He's with me”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened a bit as he felt an arm snake around his waist. He turned to the side and almost had an heart attack when his eyes came into contact with Jimin's.

 

. He looks even better up close

 

Jungkook quickly shook his head of the thought.

 

“Ya I'm with him” He said, upon noticing the woman's disbelieving stare. She scoffed, flipping her blond hair before disappearing into the crowd.

 

Jimin's hand slipped off his waist and he turned to fully face the other. He was grinning.

 

“What's a cop doing at a nightclub?”

 

Jungkook didn't say anything, eyes unconsciously scanning the other man from top to toe. Damn his inner voice whispered. He looked back up to see that Jimin was now smirking.

 

“Are you checking me out?”

 

Jungkook looked away. There was no way he was admitting that he was.

 

“I'm here with a friend” He said instead, answering the other's first question. Jimin laughed at the evasion of his question.

 

“Well you don't seem to be having much fun”

 

Jungkook sighed.

 

“I'm not one for these kinds of thing”

 

A dancing couple bumped into Jimin, sending him toppling forward. On reflex Jungkook caught him, immediately regretting the decision as his face was now centimeters away from the shorter, hands wrapped around his small figure.

 

Jimin’s lips curved up, as he leaned in closer, hands pressed against the taller’s firm chest.  

 

“We can always fix that” He whispered.

 

Jungkook’s eyes flickered down to the shorter's lips. Jimin looked pleased, noticing the action. He pulled back, and Jungkook hated to admit that he liked it much better when the shorter was pressed against him.

 

“Come dance with me” Jimin’s eyes held a mischievous glint and soon enough Jungkook was being dragged into the moving crowd.

 

The music was much louder on the dance floor and Jungkook winced at the sheer amount of grinding and inappropriate dancing around them.

 

Jimin laughed, his hair bouncing as he began moving to the beat. It was nothing like his previous dancing on the stage. The shorter was practically hopping around with childlike glee, his eyes turning into crescents as he let out laugh after laugh.

 

Jungkook couldn't help the smile that slipped onto his lips. How could Jimin be such a tease in one second and then a five year old in the next?

 

Jimin noticed the expression and his eyes widened. Yep, five year old.

 

“You smiled! See? You are having fun” He exclaimed, voice barely overlapping the loud music

 

Jungkook shook his head, although the smile wasn't going anywhere.

 

“Do you have any idea how stupid you look?!” Jungkook called over the noise.

 

Jimin rolled his eyes.

 

“You look even dumber just standing there. Stop acting like there's a stick up your and actually dance!!!”

 

Jungkook shook his head.

 

“I don't dance!”

 

Jimin grinned, spinning into the taller.

 

“You do now” He whispered into his ear. Jungkook didn't have time to respond as the shorter’s hands were now clasped around his own, swinging his arms from side to side in swing like motions.

 

They both looked incredibly stupid as Jimin pranced around, dragging the taller around with him. Jungkook couldn't really say he minded though, it was honestly kind of fun.

 

The music slowly came to a stop and both men were now panting as a new slower paced one started.

 

“I'm tired” Jimin said, not needing to yell as the new song was nowhere as loud as the old. Jungkook nodded.

 

“Same”

 

Jimin wiped his brows, his bangs starting to stick to his forehead.

 

Something about the shorter sweating and panting tugged at Jungkook’s insides, and neither the slow music or the purple lights reflecting off his pale skin, did anything to help. Jungkook found himself staring, unable to look away.

 

He knew he'd wasted enough time with Jimin- Namjoon would probably start looking for him in the next few minutes- but he couldn't bring himself to say good bye.

 

Jimin rose a brow as he caught the taller staring.

 

“Something the matter?” The shorter suddenly wore an horrified expression

 

“My makeup isn't running is it?” His hands frantically searched his face and Jungkook would have laughed if he hadn't already been moving closer. He urged himself to stop, but couldn't, being pulled by the invisible force that was Jimin.

 

Jimin’s brows furrowed as the taller was suddenly towering over him. He couldn't read Jungkook's expression and had no way of deciphering his thoughts.

 

A long finger tilted his head up and Jimin mouthed an ‘oh’ as the taller began to lean in.

 

Jungkook stopped, and immediately sensing the hesitation Jimin took it upon himself to complete the action, going on his tippy toes as he locked their lips.

 

 

Jungkook’s mind was racing. What was he doing?

 

Suddenly the room wasn't crowded enough and the two were the only one's on the dance floor.

 

 

What had he gotten himself into? He asked himself, feeling Jimin's petite fingers run through his hair, his other hand situated at his neck.

 

Jungkook internally screamed at himself to stop, his whole body ignoring the demand as he felt his hands situate themselves on the shorter's hips.

 

Their lips expertly moved against each other, each movement slow and purposeful. Jimin tasted like strawberries and Jungkook felt himself get restless as he suddenly wanted to taste more.

 

His teeth grazed the shorter's lips and Jimin gasped, giving him exactly what he wanted. Without much warning, Jungkook dove his tongue into the warmth of Jimin's mouth,  evidently catching the other by surprise. Jimin’s breath hitched, hands tightening against Jungkook's neck as he felt his insides melt at the invasion.

 

Jungkook tilted his head, allowing him greater access and Jimin let out a soft moan.

 

Both boy's broke apart at the sudden sound, and Jimin’s face flushed, clasping a hand over his mouth. Jungkook gaped at the other, replaying the moan in his head.

 

The taller opened his mouth to speak when he finally noticed the rapid rate at which his phone was vibrating.

 

, Namjoon.

 

Jungkook scratched the back of his head nervously, an awkward silence forming between the two.

 

“Look, uhm, I have to go…”

 

He knew that was a really lame thing to say, but he'd always been a really lame person.

 

“Thanks for tonight” He quickly added

 

“It was fun”

 

Jimin nodded, smiling.

 

“Thanks for the gummy bears, and the kiss. They were both delicious” Jimin winked.

 

Jungkook furrowed his brows. Wasn't he just blushing with embarrassment a second ago?

 

He shook his head.

 

“You're so weird”

 

Jimin laughed, his eyes once again disappearing into crescents. Jungkook had to force himself to look away. He coughed awkwardly.

 

“Okay I'm just gonna..” He pointed at the exit. Jimin nodded.

 

“See ya?”

 

Jungkook awkwardly turned to leave, bumping into someone in the process. Jimin stifled a laugh.

 

Once he was far enough Jungkook checked his phone.

 

Nam: Jungkook where the are you?

 

Jungkook quickly texted a reply.

 

Jungkook: I was just looking around one more time. I'm on my way now

 

Nam: I'm at the parking lot already. Hurry

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. Someone hadn't had a good time. A smile unconsciously brushed his lips as a certain orange haired fellow popped into his mind. He looked back, a bit disappointed that jimin was no longer in view. His lips tingled as he remembered the kiss. He tried to convince himself that he wasn't looking forward to the next time they'd meet. At least this dumb police case wasnt proving to be completely fruitless afterall.

 
 
 
A/N
Haven't forgotten about this