Chapter 6: Different from the others

Hidden Feelings : My Nerdy and Weird Girl

Michael's POV

Panda just went home and went upstairs and went to her room without telling me anything.

"What happened to her?" Aunt Dalia asked me. I just shrugged.

When night falls, she didn't have dinner with us. "What happened to Amanda? Is she sick or something?" Uncle Dong min asked me. I just shrugged. "Maybe there's something." Dong yeol said while looking at me. "Maybe there is." I said. Suddenly, someone knocked the door.

"I'll get it." Jin yi ran to the front door. "There's no one out here eomma." She said. I went to the door and saw Chan yeol and his eleven friends. I quickly wore my glove but my left glove went missing.

"Annyeonghaseyo hyung!" They bowed to me. "Why are you boys came here at night?" I asked. "There's something we want to talk to Amanda. And by the way, I'm Kim Joon myeon, but you can call me Suho. Sorry I didn't introduce myself properly." He said charmingly. "It's okay. She's at upstairs in her room." I pointed upstairs.

"Kamsahamida hyung." He bowed to me. When he went up stairs to Amanda's room, I grabbed Chan yeol's arm. "For the first time in forever." I said. "What did you said hyung?" Chan yeol asked with a weird expression. "Um, nothing." I let go of his arm and he went upstairs.

"She wouldn't hugged a boy except me. And this is the first time." I thought.

Amanda's POV

"I've should known better." I said under my breath while drawing something from my past. I drew the things I remembered when I was young. A picture when me and Michael were fighting because of we were choosing which stupid amusement ride to play. I smiled while drawing my sweet memories. Then I paused when I knew what I've finish drew. A picture about me met a boy at a park. I finished drawing then a knock came from my door.

Knock knock knock

I looked at the door and quickly put all of my drawing on my table and I quickly took my guitar and naturally playing out as if there's nothing happened.

"Can we come in?" I heard. "Yes!" I noticed its not Dong yeol or Michael, it were those twelve boys.

"What do you want now? Tease me? No, mocking me? No, taunting me?!" I said while looking at them. "Its not that Panda. Its just... ." Chan yeol trailed off with his thoughts.

I scoffed and said: "Whatever. All I know is that I want to be alone and never want to see all of you." I put my guitar and went out to the balcony. I realize what I've said

"I'm sorry. I just... I don't want to have a hard time at my first day at school. Its just that I can get sad or upset. So that's why I want to be alone."

All I heard is silence. "We didn't know that you're having a hard time." Joon myeon stood beside me. "It doesn't matter now Joon myeon. It just-"

He cut my word by saying: "Call me Suho if you want." I looked at him and smile. I looked up to the sky and looked at the moon. I took a deep breath and let it go. "You know what Suho? You somehow reminded me of someone." I told him. "Who?"

"My friend, Peter. He always taking care of his childish friends. Just... like... you." I slowly said and poked his arm. "Really?" He playfully asked. I just answer him with a simple nod. I went in and sat on my bed.

"Your room is really... something." A boy with owl's eyes said. "I haven't organize my room yet, my dear Kyung soo. I just place my clothes in the closet already. So I only have to decorate my room or just to make something about this room to make me comfortable." I smiled at him. He looked at me and smiled. "How-" I cut his word by saying: "Don't you think I'm dumb enough to not notice your name tag."

"She got a point there." A boy with a cold expression said. "And you're Wu Yi fan. How its going Ice Prince?" I said with a little laughter inside of me.

"I like that name! Ice Prince. Cool name for our Kris hyung." Jong dae said.

Silence wrapped around us. I purposely clear my throat. "So, what is the purpose of you boys came here exactly?" I asked. Then Chan yeol clapped his hand.

"That's what I forgot. Actually, we came here to apologize to you because of him." He tilted his head to Jong dae's direction. He nervously walk towards me and looked at me with an apologetic expression.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that to you, Panda. Now I feel really guilty. I'm sorry." He hung his head low. I put my left hand on his left shoulder. "Maybe you can make it up by helping me with my room. Does it sounds okay." He looked at me and he didn't looked sad anymore yet he already brightened up.

"Thank you."

After a few hours of organizing the room.

"Done! Finally I got my room done." I laid myself on my bed. "Hey, how about us?" Sehun said with a pout. "I finally got my room done with all of you boys' help." I sat up and looked at them. Then I looked at the wall.

"The wall is do plain." I said while touching the wall. Then, I got an idea. "Baek hyun, can you carry that box and bring it to me?"

"Of course."

He carried the box and gave it to me. When I opened the box, Beak hyun sat next to me with the others. "What's inside?" He looked at me. "Well, as you can see, these are my memory box. Which it means, my pictures of me when I was a kid." I took out a picture when I was with my family when I was young.

"So what is in this box?" Min seok asked while looking inside the box. "Aw, what a cute picture." He took out a picture. "How you get these?" He asked again.

"Well Min seok, exactly I drew on a picture of a scenery. Just like this. This is a forest. I took it when I was 13 years old. Then I got a vision of a boy and a girl spending their time in the forest. So, I drew both of the character on this picture. Isn't that fantastic?" He nodded in delight.

"You can keep that if you want. I think its go perfectly on you. Maybe that's you in the picture with someone special." I . He turned red because of my word.

"Thank you."

"I think I drew many pictures. I think there's a picture suitable for one of you boys. Gimme that Min seok." He gave me that box and I started looking for the pictures. I found one picture of a couple at a kitchen together making cake together.

"I think this go well to Kyung soo." I gave the picture to Kyung soo. He looked at the picture and looked back to me. He smiled widely at me and thanked me.

After giving each of the boys a picture each...

I gave Luhan a picture of a boy with a girl solving a Rubik's cube together. Then, I gave Kris a picture of a tall boy and an ordinary girl together skating side by side. Next, I gave Suho a boy and a girl having a performance together. I gave Lay about a boy treating a girl on a bed. I gave Chen a girl leaned her head on a boy shoulder. Baek hyun got a picture of a boy hugging a girl after saving her from getting hit by a car. Tao got a pictures of a boy and a girl training wushu or any kind of martial art. Kai got a boy spying a girl dancing in a room. Sehun got a boy and a girl hiding in a room from a boy. Only Chan yeol left.

"How about me?" Chan yeol folds his arm with a pout. I chuckled and looked for a picture suitable for him. "Found it!"

I gave Chan yeol, two pictures. One picture of a little girl crying on a bench and a boy in front of her looked worried. The other one is a girl gave a kiss to a boy on the cheek in front of a crowd.

"Why you gave him two?" Lay asked. I looked at him. "There's something telling me that.... somehow both of the picture connected to him." I said seriously. Everyone looked at me with a serious expression. I ignored their stares by attaching my picture on the wall.

After a few minutes of attaching the pictures....

I've finished attaching all of my pictures on the wall. Then I looked at the boys. They still looking at me with serious expression. "Why are these boys staring at me for so long?" I thought because I felt uneasy by the long stares.

"Somehow, you're different from the others." I looked at Xiumin with a clueless expression. "From the others?" I said. "I meant by the girls." He explains. "Really? If you notice. I am really different from the others." I said. Then I heard him chuckled. "What? Don't you believe me?"

"No! Its just... most of the girls are dying in your possition right now." I looked at him with a what-do-you-say? look. "Don't tell me. Is it because all of you are popular?" They all nodded their heads. "I don't know which one I will do. Should I laugh or puke?" I looked a them.

"I think you should do none. Besides, its the truth." Luhan said. "And why you gave us these picture?" I looked at him with a shock expression.

"Uh..." I looked at them. "Exactly, I can't tell you boys why I gave you these. But I can tell that these pictures are special." I told them. "I asked you why?" Luhan repeated. I glared at him because I was annoyed. I took a deep breath. And smiled.

"Let just say, those are something that you wish for." I said. They looked at me with a blank expression. "Next time I'll tell you the real reason." I assured them. They still looked clueless.

Chan yeol's POV

'I don't understand, but it seems like this picture is important.' I thought. Then the door opened and came in Mrs.Dalia.

"Having fun boys with my Panda? But for your information I bought snacks for all of you and I already called your parents to let you boys sleep here for the night. Your uniforms are all here. So continue with your conversation." When she got out the room, all of the boys self celebrating and Panda just ate the snacks. She looks at me then gestures me to come near her.

"Anything wrong?" I asked her with a worried tone. She shook her head and I sat next to her. "I'm sorry for yesterday. I shouldn't have played your guitar without your permission." I rested me right hand on her left shoulder and gave her a warm smile. "Its okay. It just I never forget those ey.... I mean the melody you played. But somehow, its sound sad." She looked at me with a sad expression.

"I just... its the first time that I'll leave my friends, family, and missed the performance that we will do for our seniors." She said it with a sad tone. She rested her head on my shoulder. "I thought-" "Quiet. I want to rest."

I let her sleep on my shoulder. I looked at my friends and found them sleeping on the floor. I laid Panda on her bed and tucked her in. I went out the room and called out for Mrs Gwon. "Ahjumma, ahjumma." She heard me and went to my direction.

"Is there anything you want Chan yeol?"

"Yes, can you bring twelve blankets please?"

"Of course. But what for?"

"My eleven friends are sleeping on the floor now. That's why I want some blankets." She nodded her head. "Well then. I should go get them now." She quickly went to the other rooms to find the blankets. I went inside and went near Amanda.

"You somehow reminded me of someone in my past." I whispered to her at her sleep. I caressed her cheek with me index finger. She felt so familiar but I don't know how to describe. Then Mrs Gwon came in with the blankets. She gave it to me and went out the room. I covered all of my friends with the blankets that Mrs Gwon just gave. I laid myself on the floor and covered myself.

"Good night, Panda."

Next day at school, in class Grade 5, Class 1...

Miss Song came in the class and start our revisions for next week exam. "Amanda, the vice principal and the principal want to see you now." Miss Song said to Amanda. "Ne, Miss Song." She went out of class and everyone paid attention to Miss Song. Everyone except Jin hye and her friends. I heard them whispering something.

"Do you know that girl will take all the attention from you, Jin hye?" Her friend next to her said. "We don't know yet what she will do. But, all I know everyone will look at me since you-know-who is gone, Cheok hee." She said.

'She's talking about Amanda and Ga eun.' I turned my hand into a fist after hearing that.

Ding ding dong dong....

"Its a great thing the bell saved you." I've said under my breath. "Chan yeol lets go." Tao said.

"Ne."

I followed the others from behind. As usual, all of the girls stare at twelve of us. Almost fainted because of our looks. Then, I saw Amanda with Yuree and Young. I told the boys that I'll be ahead first but they insisted me by letting them follow me. I just nodded and walked faster to Amanda's side.

"Hey, Amanda. So why is the principal want to meet you?"

"Oh, that he said my results from my exam already out. So he let me free from your exam next week." She said. I was shocked to hear that.

"So, that means you're free from the exam since you already took your exam last week?" Chen asked. "Oh no, I've finished my exams last Monday, this week." She said.

"Annyeong, boys we want to take Amanda and our lunch. So come on Amanda!" Yuree pulled Amanda's arm. "Uh, annyeong boys." She waved at us.

"Wow, that's weird. So let's eat." Lay 'suggested'. "Hyung, don't eat always. You're making yourself fat." Baek hyun said then pouted. "You're jealous that, if I eat I still maintain myself." Lay stuck out his tongue. Baek hyun hit Lay's arm.

"Let's go eat instead of watching them fight." I said to the others. We left Lay and Baek hyun.

------------

We sat at a table next to Amanda and the girls' table. We started to talk each other.

Young's POV

"Amanda, have you met the twins?" I asked softly. "The twins? No, who are they?" She asked.

"The twins are us." Chi rae said. Cha rae sat next to me and Chi rae sat next to Amanda.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi Chi rae and this is my sister Cha rae. I'm the oldest." She said. "But only for 3 minutes." Cha rae blurted. Amanda giggled and continue eating her lunch.

I caught Chi rae stealing a glance at Chen. I shook my head.

"Chi rae, I know we just met but do you have a 'thing' towards Chen?" Amanda asked, but not looking at Chi rea. Chi rae turned red and took a sip of her drink.

"I... I... I don't know. But y-y-yeah, I do have a 'thing' toward C-Chen." She blushed when she confessed. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Amanda assured her.

"Hmm, I think I got something. But its at my aunt's house. Maybe you should come by." She suggested. "And beside, maybe we can study together for your exam next week."

"Your? You won't take the exam?" Cha rae eyes wide open and almost yelled because she was shocked. "Great idea Amanda. That way we can passed our exam by having a study group." I said to change the topic because of Cha rae.

"You're right Young." Cha rae agreed. 'Great, she's over it.' I thought.

Ding ding dong dong...

"That's the bell. We should go to class now." I said. "Lets go." They all said.

-------

We went to the class and Amanda was the first one to opened the door but the next thing I knew....

SPLASH!!!

She was wet.

By Baek hyun.

I heard Jin hye and her friends laughing. I looked at Baek hyun.

"Yah! What are you doing, Byun Baek hyun?" I yelled at him. The, I realize all if my classmates were looking at me. I still looked at Baek hyun, not caring what will my classmates think.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you wet, Panda." He apologies.

"I'm going to the restroom." Amanda ran away and gone from our sight. I looked back to Baek hyun. "What were you thinking?" I asked still holding my grudge. "Nothing, its an accident."

"Yuree, Chi rae, and Cha rae, go grab Amanda's bag and find her in the girls' bathroom. Then find her sports wear in her locker or asked the vice principal for it." I instructed them. They nod and Yuree went to Amanda's seat and took her bag. Three of them went off to find Amanda.

Then, Mr Yoo came in and looked at Baek hyun, who was still holding the bucket. "I don't know what you were up to Mr Byun, but all I want to know is, why is the class is wet?" He asked Baek Hyun.

"Um, downpour?" He answered. "Really Mr Byun?" Mr Yoo raised his left eyebrow.

"No, he wants to get revenge on Chen because he made Baek hyun wet last week. Then today, he made Amanda wet." Jin young explained.

"Thanks a lot Jin young." I heard Baek hyun muttered. "Go to your seat for both of you." Mr Yoo said.

"Ne." We both said and went to our seat.

-----------

"Annyeonhaseyo, mianhe Mr Yoo if I'm late entering your class. While wearing this." Amanda meant by the sport's wear shoes wearing. "Its okay. But only this time I let it slide. Understand?" Mr Yoo let out his hand and Amanda shook it. "Understand, Mr Yoo Seok jae." "Go to your seat and the three of girls from the back too." He looked at Yuree, Chi rae and Cha rae. Three of them softly chuckled. Four of them went to their seat.

"After school, we will have a soccer event. Our school and Incheon High School will compete with each other. So, of will let the soccer team on this class go and go to the field. Mr Kim Min ryeok is waiting for you." He said.

"At our class, the soccer members are Min seok, Luhan, Sehun, Hong seok, Jong suk, Myung soo and Joon soo." I whispered to Amanda.

"And the basketball team are Chan yeol, Wifan, Jong in, and Jin young." Yuree whispered to Amanda. Three of us giggled and focused back to our subject.

After school... and Mrs Dalia's house...

Amanda gave me and the girls a picture each. She gave me a picture of a girl and a boy locked in a room.

'Let just say, its something that you wish.'

"What do she mean by that?" I whispered to myself and put the picture into my bag. Then, I bumped someone. "Mianhe. Oh, mianhe. Are you hurt sir?" When I looked at the person, he was actually Suho.

"Sir? Is that the way you said to someone who is the same age as you?" He playfully asked. "Hahaha... are you making fun of me. And sorry for that." I apologize to him. "Ah, its okay. Its just and an accident." He turned red and rubbed the back of his neck. I officially turned red as well.

"Um, see you tomorrow then. Bye." I waved at him and turned around. "Hey, want me to walk you home?" I turned to him and flustered. "Its okay. You don't have to do that. It will be a burden." I decline his offer. "No. I insist."

We've been walking together to my house quietly. No conversation was started by the both of us.

Suho's POV

It was awkward. So I thought of something to make us feel like a total stranger. "So, what are you doing at Mrs Dalia's house?" I asked naturally. She startled and looked at me. "Ah, that. We just having a study group. For next week exam." She explained. I just nod of understanding.

"So, why are you here?" Young asked. "Just walking around the neighborhood." I smiled at her. Her face turned red as strawberry and sheepishly smiled back. My heart skip a beat when she smiled at me.

"Hey. Well... well... well. Who do we have here?" One of Jin hye's friend named Na mi said. "It's the shy little Young." She looked at me and made a fake innocent smile.

"And the perfectly handsome Kim Joon myeon or like to preferred Suho." She hugged my arm. I let her go of my arm and went to Young's side. "Why are you here, Na mi?" Young asked with a furious expression.

Na mi scoffed and looked at Young. "Shouldn't I'm the one who asked that question?" She walked near Young. "And why you should be here with my boyfriend?" She devishly asked with a smirk. Young face reddens with anger, but she manage to calmed herself down.

"Sorry, I didn't know that he's your boyfriend now Na mi. Bye, Joon myeon. Bye, Na mi." She left me and Na mi with the disappointment in her face. After she left us, all I felt was guilt and anger. I looked at Na mi.

"Since when we're a couple huh? I don't like anything about you. You're just a... . Never mind. Bye, spoilt Na mi." I ran away from Na mi.

"Yah! Why did you called that? Why everyone call me spoilt?" I heard her yelled and whined at the same time. "It'so because you always whine and tell people about your little problem." I yelled from afar.

Then, a saw Young on a bench, crying. I went near her and took out my handkerchief and gave it to her. She looked at me took it. She wiped her tears away and sniffles. "Shouldn't you with your girlfriend?" She said.

"You've gor the wrong idea. Do you think I would go out with that spoilt girl? Not in eternity." She looked at me and stood from the bench.

"Sorry, I shouldn't thought that you really dating her. I care about you Joon myeon. I just wanted the best for you. Just, don't go out someone like Na mi." She ran away from me. I stood there dumbfounded. I didn't understand what meant by that. All I know was, she have to calmed herself down.