Chapter 9: Wrong Timing

Hidden Feelings : My Nerdy and Weird Girl

At the Byun residents home...

Beak hyun's POV

I was in my room, doing nothing. I took out a book. A book about the school's history. As I looking through the pages, I saw a picture, a picture of a group of teachers from the year, 1985. That's means thirty years ago. I looked at the picture and found a familiar face. Her smile was the same as hers. Then, my phone vibrates. A call from Panda. I didn't pick up the call because I was still . After a few minutes, my phone stops.

"So, why you must choose Tae yeon?" Her question keeps echoing in my thoughts. I don't know why she asked me that question.

"She's the most popular girl in the school, but at the same time, she's my dream girl. That's why I want to go out with her so much." I remembered what I said to Panda. When I think about it, my heart started to ache. I don't know what it was but it really hurt. Then, the door of my room was knocked by someone.

"Baek hyun." Eomma opened the door and went in. '"I have something for you." She put a small box on my lap. I looked at it and looked back to eomma. "I don't know who sent it. All I know it's given to you. And it was in front of the door." She patted my back and goes out of my room. I looked inside the box and it's a red velvet cupcake and a note.

"Hi Beak hyun,

Please meet me tomorrow at my uncle's cafe at 12:00 pm. There's something I want to tell you. If you don't want to meet me, just call me if you can. I'm sorry that I asked you about Tae yeon. She's a nice girl and all but there's other girls out there waiting for someone to love them. But I want to tell you the most important thing. 'Don't keep your feelings hidden in you forever. Confess to her that you like her before its too late. You'll hurt yourself if you do that. Find the right time to tell her.' I don't want to see you sad and confuse just because of my question and your feelings. I'm just worry for you. Hope you meet me.

Sincerely, Panda"

"She cared about me?" I asked myself. I took out the cupcake and ate it. "I think I should meet her." I said. I went out the window and saw Panda reading a book at her uncle's library. She looked like she was crying because her face looked swollen. An ocean of guilt waved splashed in my heart me.

"She must be crying over me." I said to myself. I ate the cupcake until it last crumb. I wore my jacket and went downstairs. "Eomma, I'm going out." I said to her. "Don't come home late." She told me.

"Alright."

I went out and the night air flowing through the night sky. I took a walk at the neighborhood to calmed down and let myself think about Panda's words. "She's right. I don't even know me own feelings." I said to myself. As I was walking, I took out my phone and send a massage to Chen, since he always up this late.

To Chen the Troll

- Are you awake?

From Chen the Troll

-...

To Chen the Troll

- Yah!!

From Chen the Troll

- I'm just joking. What is it? It's already 10:05pm.

To Chen the Troll

- Nothing. Since you're awake, can you meet me at the park.

From Chen the Troll

- Alright. On my way.

I putted back my phone in my pocket and continue walking. When I was walking, I saw a girl. She was about to cross the road not until I saw a car was driven fast right at her direction. I quickly ran to her. I took her arm and hugged her, before she gets hit by the car. The car was gone from our sight. I let out a relieved sigh. I can feel that my clothe was wet. I broke the hug and looked at the girl. She was crying. I hugged her again and patted her back.

"It's going to be okay." I said to calm her down. Then, I've felt no movements was made by the girl. I looked at her and saw she was unconscious. I carried her bridal style and bring her back to my home quickly.

Chen's POV

I've been waiting for Baek hyun for 50 minutes at the park, as I promised him, and he still didn't show up. I sat at on the ground and leaned under a big tree, for me to rest. I yawned and took out my phone. "It's nearly 11:00pm. Where is he?" I asked myself.

"Hey." A voice said. I turned around and found out it was Chi rae. "Wait. I want to make sure. Are you Chi rae or Cha rae?" I asked. She laughed. "I'm Chi rae of course." She said. She sat next to me and smiled sweetly at me. "What are you doing here alone?" She asked me. "I was supposed to meet Baek hyun here, but he did't show up." I sigh. I looked at her. "You?"

"I'm just having fresh air. To freshen myself up." She said as she looked at the night sky. The moon shines on her face made her so beautiful. Her brown eyes shines and her lip looked kissable when she smiles.

"Jong dae." She said my Korean name. "Hmm~" I hummed. "You know, the first time I saw you, there's something about you is intresting." She said while looking at me. The way she looked at me, as if there's something she wanted to tell me.

"You are one of the kind. When we're in 7th Grade, I've heard you singing. Your voice was wonderful and melodious when I heard you. That time, when I took a peek on you, you were crying that time. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help you, but I just can't. So, I just sat and listen you singing behind the wall. After I heard you stopped singing, I quickly ran and hide behind the lockers. I stood out from my hiding place and looked at you as you were wiping your tears off your face. Then one day, when I was picked on by one of the girls at school, you're the one who stopped them from bullying me and you're the one who helped me. So, started that time, I...I..." She stopped for a while. I focused on her and she still didn't say anything.

"You what?" I asked.

"I started to like you."

She looked at me. I smiled and cupped her left cheek with my right hand. She closed her eyes and both of our face becoming near to each other. Our lips were just couple of centimeter to touch each other, not until someone called me. I let go of Chi rae's cheek and took out my phone from my pocket. Chi rae cleared and rubbed the back of her neck. I looked at the screen and it was Baek hyun who called me. I took the call and near my phone to my ear.

"Wrong timing you know?"

"Woah, what do you mean?"

"Ugh, nothing. What is it?"

"Sorry, I can't come because there's something just happened."

"Its okay. I have something in mind too."

I turn off my phone and looked at Chi rae. "Hmm, that's Baek hyun." She awkwardly smiles and nodded. "So, about awhile ago." I said. "He already ruined the moment. So, how about next time?" She said while holding my hand. "Okay then." I smiled and kissed her forehead. We stood up and walked ourselves to the bus stop. The bus already arrive and I pulled her hand.

"Let's get in. I came to the park by bus. So, I think you too came to the park by bus." I said. She nodded and get into the bus with me. The bus was not crowded since it's night. I pulled her to the backseat and let her seat beside me.

20 minutes....

We were on our way to Chi rae's house because her house as near to mines. On our way, she already took a nap. I let her head rested on my shoulder and let her took her nap. Then, I took a nap beside her.

10 minutes....

The bus driver woke us up from our sleep. Both of us went out of the bus and I insist to send Chi rae to her house. When we arrived there, I stood in front of her house.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She said. Our hands still holding each other. "Tomorrow?" I said. "Tomorrow we'll have a date for the first time." She said excitedly. I hugged her and she broke the hug. "See you tomorrow." She reminded me.

She kissed my cheek and ran to her house, but I grabbed her hand and swiftly gave her a kiss at her lip. We shared our first kiss passionately. I broke the kiss and hugged her. "I love you Choi Chi rae." I said.

"I love you too, Kim Jong dae." She said. I broke the hug and let her back into her home. She waves at me and I did the same. I watched her as she went into the house.

Chi rae's POV

"Chi rae, who's that boy you just kissed?" My mom asked when I already entered the house. "My new boyfriend." I squeeled with joy. "Congratulations sis. You shared your first kiss to Jong dae." Cha rae suddenly came from the living room said while clapping.

"I'll go to my room now." I said to Cha rae and my mom. I went upstairs and went into my room. I took a bath and and wore my T-shirt and sweat pants. I threw myself to my bed and hugged my teddy bear. I squeeled and remembered the kiss we share. I touched my lip and smiled. I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes. Then, I let myself drifted to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------