Chapter 4: Cafeteria mayhem

Hidden Feelings : My Nerdy and Weird Girl

Sehun's POV

I watched as Amanda went out of the room with the boy. I wanted to asked her out for lunch but its seem somebody already asked her. I started to wonder who will I asked. I thought of Yuree, my crush from primary school. I walked to Yuree's side and tapped her shoulder. She turns to me and smiled.

"Um, Yuree, I was wondering if you want to have lunch with me?" I looked at her, hopefully she accept my invitation.

"Yes! I would love to. Can we bring Young with us?" She asked. I nodded. She was thrilled until she hugged my arm. She released my arm when she realized it. She slightly blushed. We went out together with Young but she said that Mr.Lee wanted to see her now. She left both of us alone, walking together to the cafeteria.

Yuree's POV

Finally, Sehun asked me out for lunch without Kai bothering my plans, but I've said it too early. "Sehun! Where are you going? You said you gonna practice our moves now." I looked at Sehun and weakly smiled.

"I think you should go with them Sehun-ah. I can go eat lunch with someone else. Maybe Panda. It seem that your practice is important since you guys are the school's famous singers." I sadly smiles at him. I've tried my best to make a reassuring smile to hide my disappointment. He shook his head and he looked worried or disappointed too.

"Is it really okay? I wanted to eat lunch with you and it seem that you have to eat alone. Its okay if... ." Kai suddenly cuts in. "Yeah, she'll be okay Sehun. See you later sis." I looked at them as Kai pushes Sehun into the practice room.

I walked to the cafeteria alone, feeling disappointed towards Kai. He's such a busybody. Always in my way when I'm with Sehun. I knew that he's my brother, but we're not blood related. So that means that he's my stepbrother. Why should I blame him? He's only doing his job as my brother, protecting me, taking care of me and cheer me up. I love him but not like this. He's being overprotective.

Suddenly, Amanda came to my direction then giddily waving at me. The way she smile was so cute, but the way I looked at her actually she looked okay even though we just met.

"Hi! Yuree-ah, where's Young? Aren't you suppose to eat lunch with her?" I looked at Amanda and weakly smiles. "Well never mind. You can have lunch with me." She said to me. I took her hand and pulled her into the cafeteria, excitedly. All my disappointments towards Kai suddenly banished.

"I'm gonna line up to get lunch. See ya at the table." I lined up with the other students.

At the practice room

Kai's POV

My plan of ruining Sehun's plan worked. When we entered back to the room, I can see the disappointment in Sehun's eyes.

"Guys! Do you want to talk about the new girl?" Baek hyun suggests. We formed a circle and start to talk about Kathy.

"Don't you guys think she's pretty then again she looks cute when she wear her glasses." Xiumin said. We all nodded in agreement except Chan yeol, who was staring into spaces. "Chan yeol! Are you paying attention in this topic?" Xiumin said, but nearly shouted. Chan yeol flinched and looks at us.

"She's talented too. She can play the guitar, draw pictures and... ." He somehow hiding something from us. "And?" I waited for his answer. I noticed that he started to panicked. I smirked and still waiting for his answer.

"She's a great singer and she has her uncle's skills on making drinks." He boldly said, but there's a glimpse of panicking in him.

"Really?!!"

"Y-y-yeah!" He stuttered.

"Hey guys! Don't you feel curious what she drew?" Chen said while holding Kathy's drawing pad. We all sat quietly and Chen opened the book. We looked inside and saw the features that she drew us when we're at Chan yeol's room. I looked at the picture with awe. When we looked at the other pages, she drew 12 of us individual on each page. The features were amazing.

"So these were she drew last night?" I heard Chan yeol mumbled. I looked at him and said : "What did you say? Never mind. Were you spying on her last night?" I've asked with a teasingly grinned. I saw him blushed.

"Lets go to the cafeteria! I'm hungry." Lay said lazily while he held his belly.

--------------------------

When we're on our way to the cafeteria, we heard somebody yelling in there. When we neared the entrance to the cafeteria, we saw a somebody got out and accidentally bumped at Chan yeol's body made her losses her balance.

"Mianhae."

She looked at us.

"Panda!" "Kathy!" We chorused. She looked at us, panicked. "Sorry boys." She pushes Chan yeol to make him out of her way and quickly ran.

"She smelled like... kimchi, fried fish and an omelet. Oh, and gravy." Lay said. "Daebak! When its about food, you're always number one." D.O teased.

Then a boy, suddenly came and looked like Amanda was. "Did you boys saw Panda?" He asked. We pointed to the direction she went. "Great thing to know." He looked at us.

"Um, hyung, what happen to you and Kathy?" I asked him. He looked at me like I've said something weird. He softly chuckled. "This is the first time I heard somebody called Panda as Kathy. If you want to know what happened, you should asked Panda herself." He sadly looked at us.

"Why we should ask her if you're the same as her?" Luhan asked in disbelief. He pointed to that hyung's dirty school uniform. That hyung looked at his shirt and shook his head.

"Because I have to help the other students to clean the cafeteria." He nervously said. "I'm better off then. See you boys later at the neighborhood." He walked and left us but he instantly stopped. "If I were her I would be at the practice room since the mirrors there are big." He went inside the cafeteria and gone from our sight.

"Sehun, you bring two damp towels for Panda okay." Chan yeol instructed. "Yes sir!"

--------------------------

We arrived in front of the practice room and when we're near the for we've hear soft sobs. When we opened the door, quietly, we saw Kathy in front of the mirror, kneeling. I saw her hung her head low. Then I've heard her mumble something.

"This is the worst day and birthday I've ever have"

It was her birthday. No wonder she was happy and friendly with us, her new classmates. She took out a handkerchief and took of her glasses. She wiped her glasses with the handkerchief until it's clean. Then I've heard her mumbling, again.

"What I'm suppose to do with my hair and face!"

Then I felt somebody tapped my left shoulder. I turned around and I'm facing Sehun. He showed me to wet towels. Chan yeol took the towels and slowly getting near Kathy. Then he puts the towel on top of Kathy's head.

Amanda's POV

Weird. Who placed a towel to my head? When I turned my head and I knew I'm facing with the 12 boys. I didn't say anything except using the towel to clean my hair. I just laid my hands on the towel but Chan yeol held my hand. He looked at me and smiles.

"Let me."

I didn't know what to do except letting Chan yeol clean my hair with the towel on top of my head. I looked at the mirror and looked at the boys. They were clean?

"You boys didn't get in the cafeteria?" I asked them. They didn't answer me but I heard Chan yeol whispered : "We didn't because of something."

"Done! Now, for your face." He started to neared a damp towel to my face. I pulled my face away from that towel. "No, its okay. We bought two wet towels."

"Gomabseubnida, all of you." I looked at them. "This is the best bittersweet birthday I've ever have." I said, and it seemed that tears started to roll down my cheek. All the boys got neared me and kneeled behind me.

"Hey, don't cry. I know that I'm too nice. So don't fall for me yet." Ugh! He started to make his lame jokes but I seemed to laugh at it, softly. I playfully hit his arm until he losses his balance and fell. We both laugh and looked at each other.

"Oh, don't think that you're that nice my dear Chan yeol." I laughed. "And you really know how to cheer me up." I wiped the tears on my face. Then, I looked at the boys.

"I want to know, why exactly you boys are not at the cafeteria now?" The truth was, I thought they already saw the mess. "Michael won't let us because he want us to check on you." I smiled and looked at the mirror again. I took my glasses and wore them.

"Hey, what happened to you?" Sehun asked. I huffed out some air and started to tell them what happened at the cafeteria.

Flashback

I was having lunch with Yuree and Michael. We got along pretty well and told everything about each other. Suddenly, a boy purposely took out his leg and tripped a boy passing him while his tray full of his lunch fell. His lunch lands on a large boy. Everyone looked at the boy, including me, Yuree and Michael and gasped out of shock.

That large boy stood up and grab his lunch. He evilly smirked and threw his lunch across three of us - Great thing I dodge it before it hits me - and it hit Jin young and his friend.

"FOOD FIGHT!"

Oh no, the worse kind. Everyone started to throw food at each other including Michael. I took cover by hiding under the table. Yuree did the same. I looked under each table and saw most of hiding was the female students. But the weirdest thing that I saw a boy hiding.

"That's Soo min. He's the boy that have a feminine side in him. And another thing, his in our class." You don't have to tell me Yuree. I knew. I saw students still throwing foods at each other.

"You stay here. I'm gonna find a teacher near this area." I crawled out of the table. When I stood up, people's lunch hit my clothes. Well, to be honest it hurts because people's throwing their food were hard and strong. I quickly ran off and got out of that bloody food battle.

Luckily for me I found a teacher. I got near him and tapped his shoulder. He turn to me with a smile but faded when he looked at me.

"No questions. Mr. Kim, you have to do something! There's a food war at the cafeteria." He looked at me and ran to the cafeteria. I looked at him and chased him.

We arrived at the cafeteria and went in there. Some of the students noticed Mr. Kim and some of them still throwing food. Suddenly, kimchi hit my face. I stood still, frozen. I made my hands into a fist. Then I shouted.

"Is this how a student should acted? All of you students are like children! Not acting like you're age. Even the seniors! You should show an example to your juniors since this is your last year. Now, I want everyone who involve in this mess, should clean the whole cafeteria."

Everyone looked at me, quietly. They haven't move an inch. I took a broom stick and broke it when I hit it at my right knee. Everyone was in shock. They still didn't so anything.

"Clean this mess NOW!"

Everyone startled and started to clean up the mess, even the seniors were obeying to my commands. I still feel upset and angry at the same time. So, I got out the cafeteria and suddenly bumped into those 12 boys.

--End Flashback--

"I would never thought that you shouted at the seniors." Baek hyun said while nodding. "Yeah, this is the first time. I think that I can't keep my temper that good." I hung my head low. I stood up and grab my bag and my drawing pad

"Hey, where are you going?" A boy with tanned face asked. "To my locker of course. I need to take my books for the next learning session after this." I carried my bag, but it seemed that I can't carry it because of the novels that the teacher gave me. "This is so embarrassing." I thought. Then I've tried a second time, but it still didn't work.

"Um, let me." A boy who was almost had the same height as me carried my bag for me. "Thanks." I said. When he carried my bag, he slightly almost wanted to fall, but he got perfect balance.

"I never thought a girl like you can carry a bag this heavy." He looked at me. I raised my hand to hit him but I avoided my action by pretending to scratch my not-so-itchy head. I chuckle.

I took a deep breath and looked to my clothes.

"What I'm suppose to do with my clothes." I'm was wearing my new school uniform that my aunt just bought. Only my blazer was covered by food.

"Simple, just wear your previous clothes. By that, I mean only your jacket." Chan yeol suggest. I nodded in agreement. I took off my blazer and gave it to Sehun. I stood up, took my black jacket from a chair and wear it. "You look kinda cool." Chan yeol acclaim. The boys nods in agreement.

A boy with a deer like eyes was staring at me. "Um, why are you staring at me?" I looked at the boy and then I avoided his gaze. "That jacket?" I looked at my jacket. "What about them?"

"Um, nothing." He kept staring at me. "You're weird. I need to go to my locker now." I grabbed Chan yeol's arm and pulled him out of the room. His friend followed us as well.

"What are you doing?" I looked at Chan yeol as he looks suspicious. "Did you tell anything about me to your friends?" I looked at him. He rubbed back of his neck and nervously laughed. "Probably, yes." I sighed and shook my head.

"what did you tell them?" "I've told them that you're talented such as playing guitar, singing, drawing and you have your uncle skills on making drinks." I looked at him and smiles. I lightly punched his arm. "You've told them the truth then. Everything you told about me to your friends are true." He looked at me with a shocked expression. Then he awkwardly nodded.

"You thought that you were lying to your friends, or you don't know what to say." He nodded. I just smiled and his friends came. "Oh, guys introduce yourselves while we walk her to her locker." They nodded and looked at me.

"Chan yeol, four of us must find Mr.Yoo, our science teacher. We need to find him since he's teaching in our next class." I looked at him a blank face. "Why you need to find him?" He looked at me. Chan yeol whispered me something.

"He can forget about his schedules sometimes."

I nodded and grab my bag from the boy who was carrying it. "Is something wrong?" That boy asked when I already took my bag. "Um, I don't want to talk to long with you boys if we are still standing here doing nothing. That's why I'm going now." I point to the right direction of the corridor. Then I walked away from them.

'Why is this bag is heavy?' I thought. Its felt like I'm carrying a weight of boulders than books. Then I stopped from walking since I'm in front of my locker. Then I turned around. "I don't want to play around with you Chan yeol." I whined. He smirked at me.

"You're enjoying this huh?" He nodded. I unlocked the combination lock on my locker and opened it. He leaned on a locker next to mine then he opened the locker. I looked at him with a shocked expression.

"We're next door I mean locker buddies." I rolled my eyes and ped my bag. I putted all of my novels in my locker and organize my text books according to my schedule. "I'm done." He fixes himself and grabbed my hand. I quickly pulled my hand from his.

"Is there something wrong?"

"I don't hold hands with boys. I had problems."

"Its okay I'll help with it."

"No no no no no." I quickly shook my head. "I'm just joking around." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and walk to class.

"Um, class is that way." I turned to the other direction. He chuckled and went to class with me.

"HOW DARE YOU!!"

"What is that?" I asked him. He looked at me and hurriedly ran to the direction where the voice came. "At least tell me!" I followed him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well to tell you, this chapter seems to be not to blend with its chapter title. I just hope you liked it.