Chapter 3 : Meeting with the new students

Hidden Feelings : My Nerdy and Weird Girl

At Amanda's Aunt Dalia's house

Amanda's POV

I woke up from my sleep and I saw a note hanging on my door with a black hooded jacket, a black mouth mask and a sunglasses. I got up from the bed and went to the door to take the note. When I took the note, I noticed it was from my Aunt Dalia.

"Good mornin' Panda and Happy Birthday to you. As you want to know, me and your uncle already go to our work place early. But before that, you and Michael must go to school today. You must know we already set a mission for two of you. You Panda need to wear this hooded jacket, the black mouth mask and the sunglasses. If your asking why you must do wear all of these, you can hear it from Park Min chi, who is at down stairs waiting for two of you to wake up. Hope you have pleasant day."

"Is she serious? Of course she is!" I talk to myself. I place the note on the table and get ready to take a shower. I looked at my phone and looked at the time. It's a great thing I've set the time of Korea timeline. It's 5:05 a.m. I took my towel and go into the bathroom. After I took a nice shower, I wear my clothes and wear the stuffs that aunt made me to wear. I've finished wearing my clothes and I looked myself at the mirror.

"Mm... Not bad." I looked myself at the mirror and admiring myself. I never tired at looking at myself. When I got out of my room, I saw Michael wearing a gray jacket, a cap and a sunglasses. He wore a pair of black gloves.

"You too!"

We looked at one another head to toe. We shook our head and went down stairs. "Mm... I've smelled breakfast." I rubbed my hands together while my lip. "Whoa! Stop right there Panda. You know you must... race me!" He went downstairs quickly and I chase him until the kitchen. But, unfortunately for him, I won.

"You cheated!" He pouted. I stuck out my tongue and I started to eat my breakfast. Both of us finished our breakfast and went to the living room.

When we're at the living room, we saw a girl in a uniform. She was reading a book. I made a coughing sound and she turn her head around to look at us. She smiled at us and stood up from the couch. She walked to our direction and bowed to me and Michael. I didn't know what's happening but I bowed back to her.

"I've been expecting you two to come down. And it's seems that you two are ready. Miss. Gwon!" One of my aunt's maid came a brought two bags. She gave both of us the bags and went back where she come from. I was still in daze and confuse, when I took the bag.

"Oh, come on! Of course your aunt and uncle bought you guys some stuff for school." She playfully said. "Um... What about the books?" I asked.

"Oh, that. You must get it at school." She nervously laugh. "And you guys must know about the the mission that the one of the teachers will hand out?" She said.

"Yes." We both replied.

She jumped up and down while clapping her hands. I noticed that Michael was staring at her this whole time. I nudge his arm to make him come back to his senses. "What?!" He startled me and Min chi. Awkwardness wrapped all around us three.

"Um.... I think we should head out first." I suggested. They awkwardly nodded. When we already got out of the house, my aunt's maid and butler closed the door.

"Here's our ride." Min chi acclaimed. "Wait! I thought the school is not far from here." I said. "It's a 30 minutes walk. And you better know, this neighborhood is for the wealthiest families. So, people here sometimes go to school by car." She explained. It's just like home. I just have to ride a car like other wealthy kids.

"Can't we walk by foot? Well you know, I'm more comfortable that way." I complained and informed her. She just smiled at me. I stared at her and thinking what is she was up to.

"I knew you will say that." Suddenly, three boys brought three bicycles.

"I want to introduce to my little brother Chan yeol and this is his best friend Byun Baek hyun with his little brother, Byun Tae hyung." I bowed to them with a doubtful way. I stood behind Michael because I suddenly remembered that incident.

"Panda! This is not you!" Michael teased me. I hit his back and he painfully groaned. "Yah, that's hurt." He turns to me and I pointed to him to show him it's actually his faulty. "Okay, it's my fault and Happy birthday. Here." He took out a box from his bag and hand it out to me. When I opened the box, I looked inside of it.

"It's the headphone that you wanted for." I was touched. I gave him a hug. "Thank you." I said but my voice was husky. I held my neck. I've tried to speak but it's hurt so much.

"I think you should get going know. Chan yeol, can you go with them? I need to go to school early. Understand?" He nodded and Min chi went to their front yard and went into their car. Baek hyun and his brother already gone, so it's left me, Michael and Chan yeol.

"Let's go then."

Michael already rode his bike and left me with Chan yeol. I held the bike's handles. I was so nervous until I hiccuped many times. I was so embarrassed that I have to hopped onto the bike and start paddling. I was hiccuping so many time and made me lost my balance. Lucky for me, I can control myself.

I stopped from paddling and got off of the bike. I sat on a bench near me. I was thinking about something a long time ago until I made myself smiles. It's a great thing I was wearing a mouth mask and a pair of sunglasses to prevent people to see my face but the disguise made people suspicious of me if I'm from here or I'm a criminal. I hung my head low.

"Well it's still early. I think we should go to 'Delight Cafe' to freshen ourselves." Somebody suddenly suggested. I looked at the person and it's Chan yeol. "Shall we?" He took out his hand. I stood up and nodded. He smiles at me. Gosh! That smile was so perfect.

We rode our bike together side by side until we reached to a cafe. "You wait here alright." I waited for him outside.

After 15 minutes of waiting, he came back with two drinks. "Be careful it's still hot." He gave me the drink. "If your asking, this is hot chocolate." He looked at me. I turn my head to the other direction.

"Let's go!"

We walked together with our bikes. We didn't talk about anything and only quietness. We walked together until we reached to the school. The school was big and beautiful.

"Let me put your bikes young miss and mister to a special place." The school provided servants too. "What a weird place I transferred." I whispered to myself.

Chan yeol's POV

I looked at that girl. She looked uncomfortable all of a sudden. By the way she act was so cute and I can see she was flustered and nervous as well. I grabbed her right hand and gently pulled her into the building. She didn't do anything except following me because I'm pulling her hand. I saw everyone looking at me.

"Let go of me now!"

I heard the girl's husky voice. I smiled a little and turn to her to face her. "No wonder you didn't say anything to me. You have a sore throat." She avoided my gaze by turn to another direction. "I don't like your joke because I not in the mood because of yesterday." She coldly replied.

I tilted my head and put my hand on her head. I leaned my head forward and our faces were a couple of inches close. "About you at my room." I told her with a smirk. I heard someone cough and when I looked at that person with the girl, it's Min chi and the boy from that morning. I pulled my hand from the girl head and cleared my throat.

"What are you two doing? And you Chan yeol why aren't you at class yet? Its already 7:20 in the morning." I looked at my wrist watch and it was 7:20. "I'm late." I cried and ran to my class.

Michael's POV

"He is late." Min chi shook her head. She clasped her hands together and looked at us. "So let's get going then." I nodded and turn to Amanda. She looked daze. I shook Panda's arm and she looked startle.

"Sorry, did I startled you." I said, worriedly. She heavily huff out some air means she's okay and having a slight problem. She started walking and I felt there's something bothering her.

"She was caught at Chan yeol's room playing one of his guitar yesterday evening." Min chi told me. "Let's go!" We walked together until the principal's office. "I'm going to stop until here because my teacher already at my class. Go in! The principal expecting you both." She left me and Panda in front of the office.

Both of us went in and a middle aged man standing in front of us. We're welcome by his smile. He invited us to seat on the couch. We sat as the principal wants.

"So you're must be Dong min's nephew and niece." He looked at me first. "You must be Michael Johnson? Its nice to meet you." I shook his hand. Then he looked at Amanda. "You must be Amanda Kathleen Johnson." She nodded then shook his hands.

"You must had heard that your aunt and uncle set up a mission for you both." The principal grinned. We nodded.

"We already set both of your school's supplies as books and stationary already at your locker. Your uniform are in there too. After you check out your locker, feel free to roam all around our school and one more thing, here's your locker combination and at 11:00 sharp, you just go at the practice room." He hands out a piece of paper to both of us.

"You can go now."

We got out the office and went to our locker. We went to Amanda's first since I have to take care of her first. We arrived at her locker and check it out.

"The books and the stationery are sorted out pretty good. I like it and just the way I liked it." Amanda's eyes looked every inch of the locker. She patted my arm and pointed to her locker.

"Michael, if you look closely to the books there's 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' book." She showed me the book. We opened the book and a piece of paper fell out from the book.

"To: Amanda Kathleen Johnson.

Happy birthday!
I've heard from your aunt that today's your birthday. Hope you enjoy this fantasy novel. And your aunt and uncle set you a mission. First you must find an object. Those objects are your birthday presents from the teachers. First you must go to the football field. That's my clue. Happy hunting and happy birthday.

From: The principal, Park Min shik."

She warmly smiled. It's seemed that she was touched by the teachers effort. I looked at her and patted her head. She looked at me and gave me a sudden hug. I hugged her back.

"It seems like the teachers know about your birthday. Let's go to the field, maybe we can play football to get out of our nerves." I suggested. She nodded and we went to the field. But first, we went to my locker first. She pulled down mask and drank a cup of hot chocolate.

"Hey! Who bought you that drink?" I asked her when she drank the hot chocolate drink. "Park Chan yeol." I shook my head and kept looking at my locker.

We already at the field and bought a ball for us to play. Amanda bought her drawing pad. We played football first because we want to let out our stresses with kicking the ball.

Luhan's POV

The teachers can't come to our class because the said they have an urgent meeting. I took out my Rubik's cube from my bag and start to solving it. Chan yeol just came to the class like a psycho. He just glad that the teacher won't came into class for the first period.

"Hey Luhan, what are you doing?" Cha rae came to desk. I laugh softly and looked at her. I showed her the Rubik's cube and she grabbed it. "Oh, this. I once have this when I was young but I can't solve it. Too hard." She looked at the cube and gave it back to me.

"Luhan, look."

She pointed out to the window. I looked outside and saw two people playing football. I've called Sehun and Xiumin to come but the rest of our classmates came to look too. The first person kicked the ball to the other one. When he kicked the ball to the other, that person does a back flip and kicked the ball into the goal.

"Wow!"

"Amazing!"

"Great kick." I commented. Those two were perfect for each other and they stop playing. I started to feel curious about them. I looked at those two people started to go somewhere else.

"Luhan come here!" My classmate, Ji Hong seok called me. I took one glance at those two and I found out that their already gone.

"What is it Hong seok?" I went to his desk. He was with Han Jong suk, Ha Myung soo and Kang Joon soo.

"We were wondering that won't you mind we talk about next week exam?" They looked at me. They're my friends even though they were called nerds by the popular girls.

"Yeah, what about it? If you want to know keep calm, do your best and study normally." I advised to them. They nodded and I went back to my seat.

I felt so bored and so I continue to solve my cube.

Amanda's POV

We founded all seven edition of 'Harry Potter' novels and its nearly 11:00 and it's about time for us to go to the practice room. We walked together to the practice room.

When we entered the room, we saw our aunt and uncle were there. There were teachers too. They all sang happy birthday to me. My aunt brought out a guitar case and gave it to me. I was overly over joyed. My aunt gave me a hug. All of the teachers clap their hands and congratulates me.

"After this, you both should change into your school uniform." My aunt suddenly said. I had no problem so I nodded and Michael did the same.

"Umm... Amanda after this, my class will be using this room because after this will be music class." Miss. Song told me.

My aunt and uncle already left the school and the teachers already went to their classes. Michael bids goodbye to me and went out to change into his uniform and went into his class. Miss. Song instructed me to changed into my uniform and wanted me to wait for her and her students here.

I held my school uniform and looked at it. I went to a room and saw it empty. Its clean and not full of junk but instruments. I got excited and locked the door for no one to come in. I quickly changed my clothes that I am wearing and wear the uniform. It fit perfectly. Not so tight nor not so loose.

I looked there's no one outside of the instrument room. So I got out and looked inside the guitar case. I took out the guitar out of the case and started to play a melody.

A melody that I used when I'm stressed out.

I can feel calmness in me but I've been struggling for years to wait him to keep his promise. I've been waiting the day that I'll meet him again.

Suddenly, I've heard clapping from behind. I turned around and saw Miss. Song and her students. I never felt so embarrassed all my life. I just sang a song while playing a guitar in front of people without noticing them.

"You were magnificent Kathleen!" Miss. Song gave me a thumbs up. I sheepishly smiled to her. "And why you're still wearing that sunglasses?" She took of the sunglasses for me. Then I took out my glasses from the pocket of the jacket and wore it. I looked at everyone and bowed to them.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Amanda Kathleen Johnson. You can call me Amanda, Kathleen, Kathy or Panda. I from America and I hope we can be friends. Thank you." Everyone looked at me like I'm a psycho. I looked at Miss. Song and asked her what's up with her students. She shrugged.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Oh Sehun. You're so pretty even though you're wearing a pair of glasses. Do you want to be my female best friend?" He held my free hand and looked at me. He looked so cute its just want to make my to pinch his cheek. I just stayed calm and smiled at him. Then, I ruffled his hair.

"Of course."

He smiled then went to his friends. He looked so cute and he avoided my stare by hiding behind his friends back. I noticed I still holding my guitar. I put my guitar on a chair.

"Hi! I'm Kim Yuree and this is my friend Lee young." I smiled at them and stared at them for a while. 'They have the nearly same vibe as Mathilda and Marcella. Yuree had the skill to plan parties and Young had a highly advance tech skills and great at using computers.'

"Want to be my Korean best friends?" They looked at each other shocked by my offer. They nodded and gave me hug.

"Okay class! At recess you have plenty of time to introduce yourselves. So I want all of you start the usual session as always." I looked at everyone as they pair up with their partner. While everyone was doing that, Chan yeol came to my direction.

"Um, my partner already transferred to...." He paused for a minute. "To America" I continued his words. He sadly nodded. I feel sorry for him. I think for a while. Then I had a solution.

"Chan yeol, do you want to pair up with me?" He beamed and pulled me to Miss. Song. He tapped her shoulder and she turns to us.

"Song seonsaengnim, can Panda be my partner? Because, since Ga eun gone, I'm lonely." He looked at her with a cute expression. Miss. Song gave up and nodded. He pulled me to my original position and went to the instrument room to take a guitar.

"Its obvious that you want to play the guitar." I smiled at myself. I saw him left the room. He was holding a guitar as I predicted but I saw him holding my drawing pad. He went to my side and gave me the guitar he was holding. I obediently took it.

When he took peek inside of the book, I quickly put the guitar and ran to him. He noticed me and held the book higher. I can't reached it because I was too short. He took a looked and memorizing the pictures I drew. He looked at me and gave my book to Miss. Song. She took the book and looked inside. She gasped and looked at me.

"Do you made these?" I was embarrassed and waited for her comment. "These are magnificent. The way you drew the pictures are perfect. And can I ask you? Is this you in a room playing a guitar then, are these 12 boys are my students?" She waited for my answer. I nodded.

Ding dong ding

"We can discuss this later with Mr.Kang. See you at class tomorrow!" She gave me back my drawing pad and gave me a thumbs up. She left the room and I was left with my classmates. All of them looked at me with awe. I never felt more nervous than ever. A boy came to me and held my hand.

"Hi! I'm Lee Jin young. I'm the Male Student President's assistant. I hope we can be friends." Charming he was. He winked at me and left. My eyes were widen because he the first no, second boy to make me nervous. He left the room with his friends. He took a quick glance at me.

My phone suddenly vibrates. Its a text message from Michael.

From: Annoying Michael

"Hey, want to have lunch with me as usual?"

To: Annoying Michael

"Okay!"

Then Michael's text message reached.

From: Annoying Michael

"Hey! Look what's in front."

I didn't know what he meant but I heard a girl squealing. I turned around and saw Michael. I quickly went to his side and grabbed his hand. I pulled him near me and dragged him to my first position.

"Yah! What are you doing here? You should wait me outside." I shouted at him. He breathe out and ruffled my hair. "Is it obvious? I just want to take you out for lunch." I grinned at him and lightly punched his chest. "Alright then. Let's go."

I put my guitar in its case and put my drawing pad on top of it. I hugged Michael's arm and happily went out the room with Michael. I let go of Michael's arm and we went to the cafeteria together.