Chapter 12- I Love You So Much

Happier Days

Youngjae woke up to a cold bed, a cramping stomach, and the smell of waffles floating through the air.

After sleeping for a few minutes, he fiinally rolled over and groaned.

Youngjae stood up from the bed and groggily walked over to the closet, choosing a shirt at random and throwing on a pair of shorts before deeming himself presentable enough.

The pain in his stomach had already subsided, and Youngjae just shoved it into the back of his mind, deeming it as pain from sleeping on his stomach or rolling over or something.

 Youngjae headed down the stairs, trailing his hand along the railing.

He mentally counted off the weeks in his head.

It was week 39 already, and Youngjae knew labor would be coming soon.

He was honestly scared of giving birth, scared of the pain and the wreck he would look like and all the doctors poking at him.....

....and he was scared that the baby would die before he ever got to hold her.

When he reached the ground floor, he paused for a second before walking on to the living room. 

Youngjae didn't feel much like eating today.

As he was going to sit down, another cramp, stronger this time, made its appearance and then faded away.

Youngjae frowned.

He made himself comfortable and stared playing a game on his phone.

And after a little while, there was another cramp.

He checked the time.

Nine minutes had passed.

A sudden wave of fear came over him.

Youngjae took a deep breath.

And then..

-pop-

Youngjae stiffened as he felt something trickle into his boxers.

He sat paralyzed for a minute before boltong off the couch as fast as he dared.

"Jaebum!!!" He called. "Jaeebuummmm!!!"

JB popped his head out from the kitchen. "Yes?"

Youngjae shifted uncomfortably. "I-um, my water just broke I think."

Jaebum's face went from normal-stressed-grandpa to very-stressed-father in a matter of seconds.

"We've got to get you to the clinic."

Youngjae nodded meekly and followed behind JB as he grabbed his keys from the hook they were hanging on and charged to his car, Youngjae walking slower than him.

The clinic was an easy hour from their house, but it was the nearest one around that specialized in male pregnancies.

Youngjae sat in the backseat, tense, each contraction slowly beginning to get closer together.

When Jaebum pulled up to the small clinic, Youngjae swallowed thickly.

But it was only until Youngjae was lying on a metal bed with a mattess like all hospital beds did he realize that yes this is happening and it's happening now.

Through the waves of pain thag were slowly getting worse, Youngjae could hear the doctor puttering around. Out if the corner of his eyes, he could see a nurse standing at attention, ready to help, and someone who looked like a college student stood on the side, examing everything happening in the small room and jotting down notes. 

Youngjae focused on him. He was impressed by his cool and professional exterior and the way he watched with a detached, clinical expression.

He would have to remember to mention that to the doctor later.

But right now the pain was taking all of Youngjae's brainpower.

He could hear JB and the doctor talking, and the steady pressure on his hand tightened a little.

He didn't have to look to know it was JB there, standing at his side like a knight at protection, ready to protect the king.

Although, Youngjae thought bitterly, I doubt I look anything like a king right about now.

As if he could read Youngjae's mind, Jaebum leaned over and whispered. "You're doing great, Jae. You're doing amazing."

At his words, Youngjae gripped his hand a little tighter, like a drowning man clinging to a lifevest, and then plunged himself into the pain.

It was much easier this way.

Youngjae rode out the waves, pushing when the doctor told him to and relaxing in the small breaks.

He was aware of Jaebum becoming alarmed at how long it was taking and the doctor saying that it was normal for a male to have longer delivery time.

And then Youngjae was blind to the world again.

The next time he immerged was the last time he would need to.

The doctor was telling him to push harder, and then take a break, and then push even harder.

So Youngjae poured his remaining strength into it.

And suddenly there was relief, no more waves of pain. 

Cheers erupted in the room, except for the college student, who when Youngjae looked over, was stoic as ever.

The doctor was congratulating him and the nurse was clapping, but right now what mattered to Youngjae was the baby.

"Can I see her?" He asked, trying to sit up as the doctor whisked her off the table.

The doctor shook his head. "I need to run tests to make sure she's strong and healthy, and then you can see her."

Youngjae nodded tiredly and watched as the doctor swept out of the room, cradling the baby in his arms as gently as possible. 

The nurse and the student followed in his footsteps, shadowing him to wherever he was going.

Youngjae felt JB his hand with his thumb. 

"You did well." He whispered.

Youngjae smiled up at him before fading into sleep.

He was in a state between unconsciousness and consciousness when the doctor walked back into the room.

The doctor smiled at them. "She's doing wonderfully."

Youngjae registered the words and his mouth turned upwards in a small smile.

The doctor looked at Jaebum. "I have to keep you here for a while so I can make sure both are healthy and and then you'll be free to go."

He nodded at them and walked out the door.

Youngjae felt Jaebum lean over and caress his cheek.

"It's over, Jae. You can sleep now. You did amazing...."

And as he drifted off to sleep, he felt Jaebum press a fleeting kiss to his forehead.

----------

A/N:

Hi everyone~~

I actually finished this time XD

There's been a lot going on recently, with finals coming up and I just lost half my friends so it's been hard but I'm still here~ 

Yay X3

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!!

The next chapter will be the last T^T

I wanna end this with a bang, so it'll be short but I've packed a lot into it X3

Also, I'm working on a cover so that may be revealed on the next update or in a few weeks, but either way, yay~ XD

We'll have a cover~ XD

I know you all will want to see 2jae's offspring interacting with the world so that's why I'm not ending this yet!

I'm thinking about doing a series with small oneshots centered on that so what do you think? X3

Either way, I'll see you all soon! ^^

-WingedWarrior <3