Chapter 10- Never Gonna Leave Your Side

Happier Days

 

Youngjae had been stuggling with something for the entire day on Tuesday, and he had tried to play it off, but JB could see right through him.

He asked him about it at dinner time, during which Youngjae had constantly been distracted.

"Hmm?" Youngjae looked up, mouth half-full of food.

JB rolled his eyes good naturedly and laughed, reaching out to wipe a bit of food from Youngjae's lips.

Youngjae swallowed, and then said. "Sorry, jagiya, what was that?"

JB blushed at the nickname, but ignored it and repeated himself. "I asked if you were ok, because you've been spacing out all day."

Youngjae smiled at him. "Ah, sorry. I've just been thinking about tomorrow a lot."

JB nodded, but something told him that wasn't the complete truth. "And what else."

Youngjae's eyes widened an almost imperceptible amount, and he pouted, "How could you tell?"

"Yeobo, I know everything about you by now, including when you're distracted."

Youngjae laughed. "Is this a pet name contest?"

JB chuckled. "Maybe in the future. But don't change the subject, tell me what's wrong."

Young wrung his hands together. "It's just... I read something on the internet, about a tradition where in the baby shower, the married couple cuts the cake open, and the color inside tells them what gender the baby will be. Kinda like an extra surprise. I was thinking about doing that but I don't know if you'd li-"

He was cut off by JB placing a finger against his lips to silence him. "If you wanted to do it, you could just have told me. I don't mind waiting, and I think it would be nice to try."

Youngjae beamed up at him, eyes sparkling. "Really? You'll do it?"

Jaebum nodded. "Of course."

Youngjae flew out of his chair and hugged him, hard. "You're the best!!"

JB laughed as he watched his sunshine spin around, making sure not to hit anything with his enlarged stomach.

He eventually settled down, and they continued eating, Youngjae now with a small smile still on his face.

When they went to bed that night, Youngjae turned over to face JB. "How are we going to design the baby's room now?"

Jaebum just pulled him closer. "Gender doesn't really define any personal preferences, so I would have preferred to get a gender-neutral room anyways. I already found a few things online that I think you'd like, and we can look for some more later."

Youngjae nodded, and soon fell asleep, JB staying awake for a little while to watch over him, and then he too succumbed to the pull of sleep.

The sonogram the next day showed that the baby was healthy, and everything was going smoothly.


(One month later, week 25)

Youngjae was going online for baby items, to put on their wish list for the upcoming baby shower.

But he found himself browsing through a bunch of articles instead.

He found one that interested him, one that explained why some males had the abilty to get pregnant.

In the womb, all people start out as females. And half of the ones who become male, they develop the insides resembling a female. But most of the time, their body gets rid of the extra organs. 5% of those babys, though, if they are born early, or their body isn't able to dipsose of the female parts, they are the males who are able to get pregnant. Those males don't have periods because their body still has the knowledge of how to dispose the extra stuff, and therefore don't need to get anything out if their system.

Youngjae found it interesting. He knew for a fact he wasn't born early, so he was one of the few who's body was late in the removal process.

He scrolled down the page, finding a section titled, "Giving Birth."

What he read there made him panic.

"Babies that survive birthing from a male aren't very common. The male's female organs aren't as strong as an actual girl, so that lowers the chance if survival for the baby. As well as the the fact that labor often takes longer than usual, and the baby often dies in the process.

There is no real way to avoid this, but if you are a pregnant male, my advice would be to stay well, eat well, and be happy."

Youngjae stared at the screen.

He knew that there was always a risk with pregnancy, that babies could die in the womb, that they could be born with defects, but Youngjae had prepared himself for that, and he honestly didn't care if they had defects or not, because they are his baby just the same.

But now the fact that the baby may not have a huge hope of living because Youngjae was a boy?

He did the only thing he find it within himself to do.

He called for Jaebum.

In seconds, he was at the doorway, and then he was walking in and kneeling down at Youngjae’s side. “What happened? Is anything wrong?”

With a shaky finger, Youngjae pointed at the computer screen.

Jaebum took the mouse and scrolled down and Youngjae saw his eyebrow raise at the part that explained the pregnancy, but JB knew that wasn't what Youngjae had wanted him to see.

He kept scrolling until he found the section that had made Youngjae scared.

His gasp was almost imperceptible, but in the silence of the room, the sound carried.

He tugged Youngjae to his feet and enveloped him in a hug.

Youngjae buried his face into JB’s chest and sobbed. He had no idea why it had shaken him so much, why he was crying, but JB was sure the mood swings had started.

Ignoring that for the moment, JB Youngjae hair soothingly. “Hey, hey, it's ok. The doctor said the baby was doing wonderfully, so don't worry too much.”

Youngjae nodded and sniffled before lifting his face out of JB’s chest and tilting his head back to look him in the eye. “Could you make me pickle pancakes?”

JB laughed and nodded, reaching toward the mouse and exiting the page. He then guided Youngjae back to the kitchen, the younger already back to his normal, cheerful self.


A/N:

Hi guys~!!

 It has been... one hell of a week for me.

School is literally hell on Earth.

Medicine doesn't help headaches much anymore.

I find it impossible to stay up late but that's the only time I get work done. ;-;

Life is miserable, but thank god I got this word vomit mashed out before update day came.

*phew*

I'll stop whining about my problems, because writing is the thing I love to do and never (ever *cough*) think otherwise <3

I'm going on break soon for a week so maybe things won't be so bad~~

Anyways, thanks for reading as always and hope you enjoyed!!

(Also, could you answer the poll beneath please?? It would really help me ^^)

-WingedWarrior <3