Chapter 9- Never Gonna Make You Cry

Happier Days

The next morning, JB was woken up by Youngjae bolting out of bed, a hand over his mouth.

He followed Youngjae to the bathroom and knelt behind him, rubbing his back as he retched.

When Youngjae was done, he reached up and flushed the toilet, then leaned against the wall.

Jaebum smoothed his hair and said, "Stay here. I'm gonna go get you an advil."

Youngjae nodded and reached up to get a toothbrush to clean his mouth.

JB came back after a few seconds and set a half-filled glass of water with a pill on the table. "Here you go."

JB smiled at Youngjae as he murmured a thanks, then quickly downed the medicine. 

They returned to the bed to cuddle more, having been woken abruptly by Youngjae's morning sickness.

JB rested a hand on the round stomach, which now was showing quite obviously though the shirt.

He flipped Youngjae onto his back and knelt over him so only his forearms were keeping him upright.

JB lowered his head and nuzzled his nose with his own, and then buried his head in the crook of Youngjae's neck.

His scent was intoxicating, burning into JB's nose, and he could have stayed there forever.

But he spoke, moving his lips against the soft skin, his words muffled. "Are you ready for Saturday? And then after I scheduled your second sonogram."

Youngjae moved his head slightly. "What day?"

"Wensday, so you'll have time to relax from the public stress from Saturday."

Youngjae huffed, small smile forming on his lips. "You know, on all the website articles I've seen and all the books I've read, women usually get upset with their husband at some point in their pregnancy and they fight. But I honestly find it impossible to ever be angry at you when you're this cute and loveable and you worry so much and I know you care."

He reached up and brushed the hair off Jaebum's forehead, craning up to peck the newly exposed skin. "Remember what we were like before any of this?"

JB made a sound, a mix between angry and regretful. "I was a jerk to you."

Youngjae laughed softly in the back of his throat, "Technically, I'm glad, because if you weren't, none of this would have happened."

JB nodded. "True, but I still hate myself for what I did."

Youngjae reached up and kissed him again, but on the lips this time. "You've more than made up for it now."

JB pressed their foreheads together, and they just stayed like that, gazing into each other's eyes, time passing by meaninglessly.

After a while, Youngjae gasped softly. 

"Are you ok?" JB asked.

Youngjae took JB's hand and pressed it to his stomach.

"They're kicking for the first time," he whispered.

JB could feel it, tiny little bumps against his hand.

He look up and Youngjae again, his eyes shining.

And they laughed.

The sound rolled through the house, joyful and pure.

It told of their happiness, and their love for each other.

They both felt like their hearts were overflowing with love, for each other and the unborn soul they were yet to meet, but already loved more than the world.

So they laied there without a care in the world, their only concern each other, which was really a concern at all.

More like a blessing.


JB shuffled his papers nervously.

It was the time right before the speech, and even though this was a part of being famous, it was one of JB's least favorite jobs.

But this was important, so he reviewed the notes one last time.

It was drastically different than his rough draft, about 1/4 the size and a lot more to the point, which would be much better.

A stage hand ran over and gestured to the stage. "Mr. Im, it's your turn."

He nodded and walked onto the stage and up to the podium, nerves taut but his outward mask showing ease and confidence. 

Youngjae had decided not to come, as he felt sick that morning, so JB was alone, but he tried not to let it faze him.

Applause greeted his entrence, and he nodded toward the crowd before beginning his speech.

 "For all of you who have been following me, you knew that recently, if you can call recently around half a year ago, I singed into an arranged marriage with Choi Youngjae. At first, it was purely business, but something changed, and that was what caused us to fall in love? A twist of fate, which brought us something so amazing, so wonderful, something life-changing.

This gift made me realize that maybe I had fallen in love with my sunshine. And I regret not telling you before, as we have known for a few months now. But we needed the privacy to figure this out."

JB knew people woud feel sympathetic toward that, because all people needed privacy.

"And can you guess what this gift was?"

His audience shook their heads, journalists scribbling furiously on their notepads.

"A baby."

The room exploded in noise, reporters all trying to get as close as they could to the stage.

JB held up his hands and they all quited, eager to hear what he had to say.

"I will not be taking any questions at this time, but I will schedule a press conference in a few weeks. I do not know anything about the baby's gender or what they will look like, but we are going to get a sonogram on Wensday. Youngjae originally planned on coming but decided to stay home and rest. Thank you all for your time." He bowed and left the stage.

The next day, their phones were blowing up with notifications from social media, but they just left them in the house.

Even though it was spring now, Jaebum took Youngjae to their specia place.

They made a picnic on the hill, and even though it wasn't a winter wonderland anymore, it was still beautiful.

But the only thing JB had eyes for was Youngjae, and the same could be said for Youngjae.

At that moment, you couldn't have found a better example of pure, true, love.


A/N:

Hello everyone~~

I kept my promise and here I am!

I did not take another break so yay!! X3

And I apologize for the overwhelming amount of fluff in this and the last chapter

(and probably the next few.)

I hope your teeth didn't rot too much.

But I hope you are enjoying this so far and I love you~~ 

<3

-WingedWarrior