Interruption

Love Again
“Well, haven’t been doing a very good job at that, have you?” Namjoon remarks, an eyebrow raised at me.
 
“What?” That wasn’t the reaction I expected.
 
“If you’ve really grown up you’d know to take care of yourself better.” Namjoon sighs and shakes his head. Then, his lips curve slightly into a small smile. “Looks like our Ser still needs her Namjoon oppa.”
 
I glare at him. I, Park Sera, need him? Huffing, I stalk away. I don’t need him, I chant to myself. Not anymore. I didn’t spend the last ten years of my life getting hung up over him. I grew up and can take care of myself now. Kim Namjoon? I can survive without him.
 
And just like that, I let myself get distracted for the rest of my classes. It isn’t until the bell has rung and everyone left class that I finally come to my senses. I look around the empty classroom and heave a deep sigh.
 
“Sunbae,” a small voice calls out. Blinking, I see Jeon Jungkook’s head poking in from the door.
 
“Jungkook, come in.” I put on my best smile for my favourite junior. As much as I had objected to the idea, my homeroom teacher had insisted I take on Jungkook for peer tutoring to accumulate more co-curricular activity hours. I started out very unwilling but after one whole term, I’ve recently started to like this kid.
 
“You look pretty down today,” he observes as he drags a chair over to my table. Sometimes I wonder why I even like Jungkook. It’s not that I can be totally open with him but he does make me drop a bit of my façade.
 
“I’m just tired,” I admit.
 
Jungkook nods. “You want to postpone tutoring, then?”
 
“No, it’s okay. You have a test tomorrow, right?” I take a deep breath and rub my temples for insignificant soothing.
 
“Sera.” Even without looking I know this voice belongs to Namjoon. Jungkook looks between the both of us. “You’re not well. You should go back early.”
 
I blink tightly. Going home does sound like a good idea but…
 
“You’re Jungkook, right?” Namjoon asks, to which the younger boy nods. “I spoke to the teacher earlier – I’ll be co-tutoring you with Sera.”
 
“Sera sunbae,” Jungkook calls my name and looks at me with those puppy eyes. Apologies in my eyes, I shrug as I too am hearing this for the first time.
 
“But Namjoon sunbae is smart,” I tell him. “Sunbae-nim, Jungkook has a Math test tomorrow. Will you make sure he finishes preparing for it?”
 
“Ah, Sera sunbae!” The kid frowns at me.
 
“Sorry, Jungkook, but my head is really throbbing now. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” Slinging on my bag, I turn to Namjoon, “Sunbae-nim, if you would come out for a second.”
 
“I’ll take good care of Jungkook, don’t you worry,” Namjoon reassures, flashing me a dimply smile.
 
“You, 10PM, willow tree.” Without waiting for his response, I turn on my heel to leave.
 
==============================


 
A/N: And enter another BTS member! I apologise for the short update but I've been quite busy with work and many appointments these days. Anyway, TCY has exceeded 10 subscribers! We start out slow and steady, right? :D Thanksthanks to you awesome people who are showing interest in this story. I'll work harder to make this more exciting for future reads! ^_^