It's true

Love Again
“That was really cool,” Namjoon says as we sit in the cafeteria, “slamming her hand down like that. Bam!”
 
I wrinkle my nose. “That was fear taking over my actions.”
 
“You could have just told them you’re Namjoon hyung’s girlfriend,” Taehyung interrupts, speaking with his mouth full of food.
 
“As if anyone would believe me,” I sigh. Who would think of putting someone as cold as me together with sunshine like Namjoon?
 
Namjoon slams his chopsticks down on the table suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look up at him questioningly but his eyes are flitting around the cafeteria. Then, getting up on his feet, he climbs onto the bench and gathers attention.
 
“What are you doing?” I say in a hushed whisper as I wave him down.
 
“Everybody!” Namjoon calls out to the other students around us. I cringe when I see teachers staring at us too. The crowd cheers as their kingka puts on a show.
 
I hide my face in my hands in an attempt to keep my identity hidden but what Namjoon says next completely blows my cover.
 
“Park Sera is my girlfriend,” Namjoon announces, and all I want to do then is to shrink into a hole in the ground. “Anyone who messes with her will have to come through me first!”
 
“Shut up and come down already, Kim Namjoon!” I tug on his hand pulling him back down. An adult I recognise as one of the music teachers is already walking towards us. I flash an awkward smile as he stops right in front of our table.
 
“Kim Namjoon,” the teacher calls, “staff office, now.”
 
Taking a deep breath, I give Namjoon one last glare before stomping off in embarrassment.
 
That afternoon, I sit in the library immersed in my textbooks with Jungkook sitting opposite me. We weren’t planned for any tutoring today but the kid decided to come crash my study session anyway. Yoongi and Hoseok are huddled together at the other end of the adjacent wall buried in their own books. I had to go over earlier to tell them to not wait for Namjoon because he’ll be stuck in detention for a couple of hours. Yoongi had simply nodded but Hoseok had wriggled his eyebrows at me with a weird smile on his face. Even now as he sits facing my direction he’s still looking at me weirdly. At least I have Jungkook to block out my view but I can’t help but squirm in discomfort.
 
“Sunbae,” Jungkook finally opens his mouth after an hour of trying to read my mind. He’s had this expression on the whole time with his lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed I thought I would get constipation if I looked at him any longer.
 
“What is it?” I don’t look up from my math workbook.
 
He fidgets around some more. “Is it true? With Namjoon sunbae?”
 
“Why?”
 
“I’m just curious. I don’t like Namjoon sunbae.”
 
This time, I set down my pen to raise my eyebrows at him. “And why is that?”
 
“He’s too smart.”
 
I burst out laughing until one of the librarians on duty had shot me a dirty look from the reception.
 
“What’s so funny?” Another voice joins the conversation and I look up to see Hoseok taking a seat beside Jungkook. Jungkook greets the older boy with a small bow.
 
“It’s nothing,” I tell him.
 
“So it’s true? You and Namjoon?” Yoongi plants himself beside me and asks. He never struck me as the busybody kind so his question surprises me.
 
“What is so hard to believe about this?” I say, exasperated. Ever since after lunch, people have been coming up to me to ask if Namjoon wasn’t just joking.
 
“It’s just that…” Hoseok starts, squinting at me, “you seem quite different from the girl Namjoon has been describing to us.”
 
Namjoon has been doing what? Is there another girl I don’t know about? I ask Hoseok to elaborate.
 
“He said that the girl he likes is smart and pretty-“
 
“Sera sunbae is smart and pretty too!” Jungkook interrupts and I flush at the compliment.
 
Yoongi clears his throat. “And also has a lot of aegyo.”
 
“Oi, Kim Namjoon, who’s the girl with a lot of aegyo that you haven’t told me about?” I stand and glare daggers at Namjoon who’s taking his own time strolling towards us.
 
“What girl with a lot of aegyo?” He asks with a blank look on his face. Hoseok and Yoongi avoids our eye contact and looks around awkwardly.
 
“Sunbae, if the girl you like has a lot of aegyo then what is Sera sunbae?” Jungkook steps up to challenge Namjoon. Jungkook’s low key diss makes me want to smack the back of his head. The older boy blinks a couple of times before realisation dawns upon him.
 
“Yoongi, Hoseok, you told her?” Namjoon laughs. He shakes his head and pulls over a chair from the next table to sit. “It’s just that you all don’t know, but Sera’s aegyo is really no joke.”
 
“What aegyo… Yah, Kim Namjoon!” I smack his arm and the sound echoes in the quiet library. Peripheral vision tells me Jungkook and the seniors are exchanging looks with one another.
 
“Sera’s really cute sometimes but most of the time…” Namjoon’s voice trails off as he glances up at me. I wrinkle my nose at him and strike another light punch. He catches my fist and pulls me towards him as he wraps an arm around my waist. Yoongi rolls his eyes but a small smile lines his lips.
 
“It’s really true…” Jungkook mumbles, his big eyes looking close to tears.
 
Namjoon raises an eyebrow at him. “It is. Which is why from now on, there will be no more one-on-one tutoring sessions with Sera.”
 
“I fail to see the connection between the two,” I say, pushing him away. “Now hurry along and leave me to my studying. Jeon Jungkook, you have thirty minutes to finish the questions I marked out earlier. Chop chop!”
 
==============================


 
A/N: It's back-to-work Monday after a long weekend and here I am drowning myself in writing instead of working. Ten hours of Namjoon a day keeps the doctor away, right? ;)