Remember

Love Again
This morning, I walk the ten minutes to school like I always do. The back gate is open and students stream in unaware of the action movie I film here every night. Following the crowd, I blend seamlessly with my schoolmates as I make my way to class.
 
“Park Sera,” someone calls my name and as if I would run away, a hand shoots out too to grab my arm.
 
Uh-oh. “Sunbae-nim,” I greet Namjoon as he stands before me, his facial expression a bit too dark for such a cheery morning.
 
Namjoon looks like he’s about to say something when another deep voice interrupts. “Oi, Namjoon!”
 
“Sunbae-nim,” I greet another human for one too many times today. In the short distance, another boy runs up to us. Jung Hoseok, if I remembered his name correctly. He’s in Class 3-1 too.
 
“Hi, Sera. You’re going to Seolmi’s party tomorrow, right?” Hoseok asks, and I nod in response.
 
At times like this I can’t help but think about how ironic it is that some people think of me as a loner. I talk to people, I get invited to parties, and I actually know quite a number of people around school. Does preferring to be alone most of the time automatically classify me as a loner? I’m not sure how this works.
 
“If there’s nothing else I’ll be getting to class first,” I excuse myself before the seniors can dismiss me. In class, I slide into my back corner seat just minutes before our homeroom teacher enters. Just like any other day, I spend the morning paying attention to lessons and spacing out during breaks until the bell rings for lunch.
 
“Sera,” a few of my classmates saunter over just as I prepare to stand. “We heard you topped the last Math test again.”
 
“I’m not interested in study groups,” I make my stand before they can offer. The girls look embarrassed that I know what they want but it’s not the first time I’ve received such invitations. Sidestepping them, I bring my lunch essentials – phone and wallet – with me and exit the classroom. As I decide between the cafeteria and rooftop, a stomach rumble warns me that sleep might not conquer hunger this afternoon. To the cafeteria it is, then. I also just so happen to have heard they’re serving macaroni soup today.
 
Empty table… empty table… empty table! Balancing a tray in my hands, I head for the only unoccupied table at the back of the cafeteria. As I start on my meal, I look around the bustling cafeteria and out of habit strain my ears to pick up some juicy gossips.
 
“Have you met Namjoon Sunbae?” I hear from one of the tables around me. “He’s so handsome!”
 
“And tall, and smart, and I heard he’s from good background too!”
“He’s been hanging out with Hoseok sunbae. You think he’ll join their clique?”
“Most probably. He definitely classifies as kingka, don’t you think?”
“Speak of the devil, look!”
 
The chattering becomes hushed whispers as heads whip towards the entrance. Rolling my eyes, I keep my focus on my macaroni soup.
 
“Namjoon, you can sit with us here!” A high pitched, girly voice calls out. Another senior, I suppose.
 
“Thanks, but no thanks,” Namjoon rejects.
 
As the gossiping continues, some interesting comments make their way into my ears.
 
“With Hoseok sunbae, they’ll probably be sitting with the queenkas.”
 
“Of course. No, look! He’s slowing down.”
 
“Is that the loner girl? Where is Namjoon sunbae going…?”
 
I groan inwardly. Today must not be my day. Or is it? I peek as Namjoon walks past my table without as much as a look at me. I breathe a sigh of relieve.
 
But it seems my peace is short-lived.
 
“Hey, Sera.” Namjoon turns around suddenly and slides into the seat opposite me. I hide my distaste with a hopefully neutral expression.
 
“Hope you don’t mind if we share tables.” This foreign voice comes from Min Yoongi – senior Class 3-3 and music enthusiast, also part of the kingka clique. I shrug in response to his idea of sharing the table. You’re already seated down, what is there I can do about it?
 
Internally frustrated, I scoop a large spoonful of macaroni.
 
“Wait!” Namjoon snaps me out of my reverie. I raise my eyebrows at him but instead of saying something, he picks up my chopsticks and plucks the carrot cube off my spoon. My eyes widen in surprise and confusion.
 
Hoseok comes at this point and takes the last vacant seat beside me. Despite being new, Namjoon seems to have made himself close friends already.
 
On a side note, Yoongi shakes his head at Namjoon. “Why are you disturbing other people’s food? Go get your own.”
 
Namjoon rolls his eyes. “Sera doesn’t eat carrots.”
 
“How do you know?” This question is asked simultaneously by three people – Hoseok, Yoongi, and of course me.
 
“Sera, my Park Sera.” Namjoon holds my gaze. “You really don’t remember me, do you?”
 
==============================


A/N: Not Tue/ Fri but just gonna update since I already have this chapter done anyway.