Go out

Love Again
(Namjoon’s POV)
 
“You… what?” Namjoon pushes Sera back so he can look into her eyes. Not surprisingly, she avoids his gaze as a deep shade of pink tints her cheeks.
 
“I-I-I mean…” She stammers. Finally, she sighs and turns away.
 
For a moment Namjoon wonders about what’s going on in her head, but he realises it doesn’t matter now. Park Sera, his Ser, has just confessed to him. She said she likes him, and has been since… a long time ago. His heart skips a beat as he thinks about how she’s never really forgotten about him even after all those years apart. Namjoon hasn’t been in a good mood since this morning after Sera’s near-accident on the bus but all those negative feelings have dissipated into the air.
 
A stray tear escapes Sera’s eyes and he reaches out, catching it with his thumb. She blinks at his touch but the action only releases more of the tears pooling in her eyes. Namjoon tries to keep a straight face as she adorably cusses under her breath. She roughly swipes at her eyes with the back of her hand and standing abruptly, she marches towards her bag at the base of the tree.
 
“I’m going home,” she announces. Wait, what, already? Namjoon stalks up to her and hugs her from behind to stop her from leaving.
 
“You’ve liked me since ten years ago?” He asks, vaguely aware that his breath is fogging by her ear.
 
Sera clears as she pushes herself away from him. “Let’s just pretend I never said anything, okay?”
 
“Why?” Sometimes Namjoon thinks he knows her so well but other times she’s like an unsolvable puzzle.
 
She sighs. “I wasn’t thinking straight. Don’t take what I said to heart. You’re the best brother any girl can ask for and I don’t want to ruin our relationship.”
 
Brother? She must really not be thinking straight. “So you’re going to confess and then leave me in sibling-zone?” In exasperation Namjoon runs a hand through his hair roughly.
 
“J-Jjun…” She whispers his nickname and he doesn’t miss the slight quiver of her lips. Was his tone too harsh? But her words before hadn’t made any sense. She can’t possibly expect him to just leave it as that, does she? Unless… Namjoon grabs her shoulders and keeps his eyes on hers until her gaze lifts to meets his.
 
“Ser, Park Sera,” Namjoon starts, wary to keep his voice gentle lest he scares her, “I’ve never once thought of you as a sister. Remember those aunties and uncles who said we would eventually get married when we grew up? I was counting on that to happen because even then, I was already hopelessly in love with you.”
 
She gasps as she widens her eyes at him. “Namjoon-ah.”
 
His name on her lips sends a sweet tingle down his back. Namjoon removes his hand from her shoulder to instead caress her face. Her skin is soft beneath his calloused fingers. As he meets her gaze, he feels her eyes search within his. Mixed emotions swirl around her twinkling orbs and a soft blush covers her cheeks. Taking a good look at her for the first time in a while, memories of when they were younger fills his mind. Namjoon remembers how the younger him had been mesmerised by little Sera. She was already pretty then even as a child, even more beautiful now. When he finally speaks again, his voice is but a whisper.
 
“So don’t expect me to treat you as just a sister, not now that I know you feel the same for me.”
 
Then, Namjoon makes up his mind. He doesn’t want to have to hold himself back around her anymore. He wants to do with her things that normal friends don’t do. He wants to interlace their fingers when he holds her hand. He wants to kiss her like he's always dreamed of and feel her lips on his.
 
“Park Sera,” he calls her name and takes a deep breath, “let’s go out.”
 
==============================


 
A/N: Let's go out meaning let's date (우리 사귀자). Also, let's take a short break for CNY. Happy holidays!