Nice to meet you

Love Again
After school sees me walking down a quiet hallway, the few people around stealing glances at me as I pass them.
 
“There she is,” I can hear them whispering among themselves. The wallflower, a loner, stuck-up, or perhaps even secretly a witch. You name it, I’ve probably been called it before. But… am I really?
 
“Hey, Sera,” someone calls me from the back and I turn around to see Seolmi, an acquaintance from one of my classes, walking towards me.
 
“What’s up?” I stop in my tracks, library books heavy in my arms.
 
“There’s a party at my house this weekend. Come play!” She chirps, handing me an invitation for a birthday party. I take the elaborately decorated card from her and nod, an indication that I’ll be there. The girl smiles before jogging off and I too continue on my way. I momentarily forget to where I was headed but the weight in my arms remind of the library so in that direction I walk. There, I slip my books into the return drop outside before going in.
 
The librarian flashes me an apologetic look as I enter. I find it strange but don’t think much of it as I turn straight for my corner table. Students who come to the library often know I’ve practically labelled my name on that seat so they never sit there. As for those who don’t usually come to the library… those are kids who never come. This is why I freeze in shock when I see an unfamiliar face at my table, his books scattered around and eyes seemingly fixed on his work.
 
I furrow my brows, my feet stopped in its track. New transfer student? I might not know everyone personally but I remember the faces of every student in this school. I contemplate claiming my seat back but decide against it. Instead, I take the next available table just in front. Setting my bag down, I pull out my textbooks and prepare for yet another study session. I start by leaving my table for a while to look for a book that I would need as research material. I know roughly where it would be shelved so I go there directly. Scanning the metal frame of the shelf I find my book on the top level, its worn out leather spine calling out to me. Hesitantly, I reach up a hand and fall a couple of inches short from touching it. Before I can think to think of anything else, a hand that is not mine shoots up and grabs the book swiftly. I follow the limb to meet the eyes of the transfer student. 
 
"Here you go," he says, smiling a dimply smile at me as he holds out the book to me. I raise an eyebrow at him but instead of taking the book from him, I lift myself up on tip toes and easily slide out the other copy of the book on my own. I bow slightly to him as thanks - but no thanks - before returning to my table.
 
“You must be Sera, right?” The transfer student comes by my table and asks. “Park Sera?”
 
I shrug in response. How did he know my name? His classmates probably told him about me – I’m not what you would call popular but I’m also not someone you’d want to mess with. 
 
The transfer student invites himself to my table and takes the seat opposite me. “Aren’t you curious as to how I know your name?”
 
I put my pen down a little too roughly and the sound of it hitting the table echoes slightly in the otherwise silent library. 
 
“I suppose you must have heard from the other students. Did they not tell you anything else about me?” I ask back in hope that someone told him about me being a witch and that he’d actually believe it and leave me alone. There is a pause from him as he presses his lips into a straight line. I don’t miss the furrowing of his eyebrows before his expression changes drastically, another smile now on his face. He holds out a hand.
 
“Nice to meet you,” he says unexpectedly. “My name is Kim Namjoon, and I just transferred into Class 3-1.”
 
==============================


 

A/N: Presenting to you Chapter 1 of TCY, another ff of mine featuring none other than my one and only Kim Namjoon! Updates are currently planned for every Tue & Fri but we'll have to see as it goes. 
 
Enjoy :)